Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No sandman using chalk, you are still raw. I was stating the fact that we HAD NO CHALK, and I pulled 700 raw with no chalk, and in long pants.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Pain=Pleasure
    that was thee worst form everrrrr on those rows lol
    You have no clue who Rock is do you? He is a world class powerlifter and his training methods seem to work well for him. He is not BB, he is pure power!

SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by powerlifter70
    You have no clue who Rock is do you? He is a world class powerlifter and his training methods seem to work well for him. He is not BB, he is pure power!
    Nothing against the dude (I'm sure he's strong as hell), but are you saying that just because he is a world class powerlifter he is excused from having good form? That lift was NOT 425x5. If he did it with propper form, he'd maybe get 1 or 2 perfect reps.

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SaNdMaN
    Nothing against the dude (I'm sure he's strong as hell), but are you saying that just because he is a world class powerlifter he is excused from having good form? That lift was NOT 425x5. If he did it with propper form, he'd maybe get 1 or 2 perfect reps.

He trains for power. Plain and simple. He is not bodybuilding and trying to build show muscle. He has done in excess 3x his bodyweight in the deadlift in several weight classes. So is his form holding him back? I think not!

rockett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Little do they Know!

Most of the people who are bitching about the form and what not can take a ride. Oh yes here comes your shortbus. People train different for different things and goals. It is working for Him. Another thing If your body has the foundation and stregth you can go beyond strict and formal. Somtimes you have to take that step to just heaving big weight to accomplish your personel goals. You just have to decide how much you want it. Sounds like a few of us and not alot of the rest. I guess I am quite biased to see another Jarhead doing it like it should be done! OOH RAHH Devil DOG!
    I have also noticed alot of people badmouth things they cannot do and will not push to do. Keep it Up SGT Rock. Rockett
    Your only a victim if you look like one!!

SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PL 20 and Leatherneck Rockett, and all my other brothers, thanks for the respect! As you said, "Power Rows" work for me. I studied kinesiology in college, the row performed in this fashion stresses the very upper back, traps etc. A "stricter" row is more mid back. I am after heavy weights and overloading my grip, and aiding my deadlift. Thanks for the props guys! 804 will fall June 11.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

God Bless

Originally Posted by SGT ROCK
    Thanks for the props guys! 804 will fall June 11.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

God Bless
    Not a problem Brent. Always good to see a fellow powerlifter on these boards. Good luck on the 804!

SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by powerlifter70
    He trains for power. Plain and simple. He is not bodybuilding and trying to build show muscle. He has done in excess 3x his bodyweight in the deadlift in several weight classes. So is his form holding him back? I think not!
    Who's talking about training? I'm saying that in a competition his lift wouldn't be counted as 425x5 that he claimed he did. If I posted a video of myself "benching" 400lbs by lowering the bar 1 inch, I'd get flamed by everyone.

lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SaNdMaN
    Who's talking about training? I'm saying that in a competition his lift wouldn't be counted as 425x5 that he claimed he did. If I posted a video of myself "benching" 400lbs by lowering the bar 1 inch, I'd get flamed by everyone.
    Point taken. We get the picture.

lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

As you said, "Power Rows" work for me.
    "Power Rows". That is exactly what you should call them. I tried them today with light weight...felt very nice.

You da man SGT ROCK.

Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sgt_Shit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Your form is **** and so are you!

I bet you couldn't even row 135lbs with good form you filthy son of a bitch!

Eat **** and die!

Wow this thread is still going...wow! Sandman, thanks for your feedback, when is the last time the Bent row was a competitive lift? (answer: never) Lucubration, thanks for the feedback bro, power rows can help get your back super thick, work your grip, and aid your pull, keep pushin! Sgt ****, you make me laugh, some of us EARNED the title of Sgt, thanks for the chuckle. See ya on the platform? My back has made great gains from this excercise , and my pull has gone up, which are my goals. Someone asked me to post a picture of my back? Will put one on here if anyone will get anything positive/motivation out of it?

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

I think fair is fair. All the people talking smack should post their pictures. You see the stats and they have bodyweights like 150-180lbs and are like 17 or 18 yrs old. Well put your pictures here so we can see how knowledgable you are and how you put your wisdom and good form to practice.

Sgt Rock, they will never understand what it took us to become SGT's in the USMC. Thats the part of our heart no one can touch. A picture of your back would be good. Lets us guys who are motivated and willing to train beyond hard, see what is abtainable.
    I''ll be the first to drop some back shots. Fire away strict form guys.
    Here is a couple of pictures of my back. I do heavy rows,deads and shrugs as the base (Strict thru the point of just moving the weight)and controlled pulldowns and shoulder presses. Have fun and Enjoy.

Ron
    Sgt USMC 1986-1994 H 3/10
    Attached Images

Sgt Ron..looking JACKED up Leather! Guess I will throw mine on here. It says my pic is too big to be loaded? Will keep trying.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

Sgt Ron..looking JACKED up Leather! Guess I will throw mine on here. It says my pic is too big to be loaded? Will keep trying.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC
    Use this
    http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Sgt Rock
    Gotta Keep Uncle Sams Misguided Child ready for anything Ya know!

Ok try this, any feedback?

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC
    Attached Images
    Last edited by SGT ROCK; 04-04-2005 at 11:22 AM.

gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DAM!!!!!

Incredible backs to both Sgts.

4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Saw a guy in the Navy do that for a warmup!!! No wonder no one stills our boats with you guys guarding them...

Just kidding. Good lift.
    The internet is equalled only by public education and network news in its ability to spread disinformation at an alarming rate...

Thumbs up

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC
    Pretty thick SGT. Nice home gym too looks like!

Registered User blackonblack346's Avatar
    blackonblack346 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rock, you mention deadlifting with no chalk and in long pants. Is there a drawback to lifting heavy in long pants? Just curious. I usually lift in some loose sweatpants...never tried shorts.

yeah bro wearing pants creates friction, in a contest we wear a one piece singlet or deadlift suit, and add chalk to the legs to minimize friction. Much harder to pull in pants.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC
    hooollly ****...
    regardless of what you lift, that back is enough to make most of us cry
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Originally Posted by MrSinister
    hooollly ****...
    regardless of what you lift, that back is enough to make most of us cry

Hey SGT Rock, you coming out west to do any WABDL meets this year? (besides worlds) And do you know if Gus made a decision on the new belt from Inzer yet?

hey bro! Just worlds for the West Coast this year. I am doing the Pro Deadlift show in Florida in June, then probably a 3 lift contest in the Fall,maybe Joe Ladniers in Mississippi, maybe a guest appearance at Bench America 3. As for the Ratchet belt, I heard the IPF is on the verge of approving it, I am all but CERTAIN that Gus will approve it.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nice, but lets be honest, those were like half rows.

subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC
    holy crap!!!!!!!!!! that is just MASSIVE! congrats and props...how long have you been training?

Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500)
    The bench looked like it only went down 4 inches then everyone was helping lift...noone should be allowed to touch until the lift fails or is complete...huge back.

Hit it hard or go home jonestod's Avatar
    jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonestod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it was a lot of weight but anyone can jerk and hoist 425 for 5 I would be more impressed seeing 425 with clean movements... it is like someone cheat curling 225.. who cares!!!

wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've seen this couple of times before, but it gets better the more I see it. Its just freaking crazy. Wouldn't want to mess with this Marine.