avocadodoggo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Being the only girl in High School gym class...

Hey everyone. I’ve posted this question a year ago. But I don’t know how to work this darn forum, so I can’t even read the answers.
    I’m joining my HS weightlifting class, and I heard they don’t get stuff done very well in the short time, but I still want to join because I think it would be fun.
    My stats are:
    205 lb squat
    255 lb hex DL x12
    285 lb hip thrust x 12
    And I’ve only ever deadlifted once.. 185 lbs for 3?
    I know it’s not heavy by any means. I also didn’t include upper body because I have slap tears which mean I rarely train it anymore LMAO.
    But like yeah, I think I’ll learn some good form out of this because the coach is cool.
    But I’m concerned that I’ll feel like an alien being the only girl, and treated differently. Or that itlll look bad that I’m a girl taking a class full of boys. I know I should just don’t care what others think, but if anyone has an experience with taking up w class similar to mine, please let me know. Thank you. (16 yo)

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You may feel odd if there are a bunch of guys in there.
    Just focus on yourself and what your doing.
    I coached at a small high school for a few years and had a couple girls in the class and they were probably the best students.
    Good for you though.
    Learn as much as you can so if in the future you get to commercial gym you'll have training knowledge already.
    Good luck.