Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by feces99 View Post
    For now, yes. They're more of a stretch than a strength exercise provided you do them with the proper weight.
    Okay, thanks, I'll do them from now on.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tried snatching with a hook grip for the first time yesterday and I was really surprised at the results.

Firstly I took the advice to tape my thumbs with athletic tape and the result was that the hook didn't feel uncomfortable at all. It did feel awkward at first since I wasn't used to gripping a bar (or anything for that matter) like that but I soon got over it.
    I was amazed when I was able to power snatch for a double what I usually squat snatched for singles with a normal grip.

Conclusion: start hooking on your snatches, it doesn't hurt and it really helps.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is a great post to teach the right form to lift with.

StrengthCampSociety ICEMANLIDDELL's Avatar
    ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome thread, thanks heaps!

BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeardPress will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How long would you suggest doing phase 2 after you are comfortable with the lifts? Is this a routine that will go on indefinitely if I begin Olympic Lifting? If not should I begin training the actual C&J and Snatch themselves at some point after I become very comfortable with phase 2? Thank you.

shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanleef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post
    Originally Posted by raffiki View Post
    Phase 1

Body Weight Squats

This is pretty straight forward, but here are a couple things to keep in mind. Start with your stance shoulder width and you toes pointed out slightly. Your knees must be able to move out to the side (follow your toes) this necessary for your hips to rotate correctly. If you keep your toes and knees pointed forward, you will not be able to squat all the way down. Try to think of sitting between your heels. You want to work on finding the most comfortable and deep position. This will involve changing your stance width, and changing the angle of your feet, until you are comfortable sitting in the squat position. You should look up a little, keep your back straight or arched, and I like to hold my arms out for counter balance. Feel free to adjust your stance between reps if needed, and also pause at the bottom to get comfortable with it.

Snatch Deadlift

Take a wide grip on the bar, look forward, arch your back, and pull your shoulder blades in a little. The first part of the movement will be the hips pushing back, your legs straightening, and your back angle remaining constant. Once the bar has passed your knees, push your hips forward, while straightening your torso. Remember your knees should be getting out of the way of the bar. Don't move the bar ahead of you to clear the knees. Start with a slow tempo, and gradually increase the speed of the second pull.

Drop Snatch

Take the bar out of the racks like you would with a back squat. Move your hands into the snatch grip position. (This will be a spacing that allows the bar to be held 5-8 inches (12-20cm) over your head.) Now push the bar over your head and squat down. It may be helpful to pause in the bottom position to build stability. The goal, over time, is to push very little with the legs, and to drop under the bar faster. Ideally you want to only use a toe raise to push the bar slightly, and drop all the way to the bottom to catch it.

Clean Deadlift

Use the same procedure as the snatch deadlift except use a narrow grip. Use a grip that will allow you to hold the bar at your shoulders, with your hands outside of your shoulders.

Overhead Lunges

Push the bar over your head using the clean grip. Take a long step out, and kneel down until your back knee is almost on the floor. Pause for a second and return to the start. Now repeat with your other leg. While you are at it, try to figure out which leg is more stable in the forward position. (In the video you will note that I am much more stable with the left foot forward.) This will be the leg you will put forward in the jerk. Follow a moderate tempo with these, and keep the back tight.

Front Squats

Take the bar out of the rack with it resting on the front of your shoulders. Your hands should be under the bar, in the clean position. Use the stance you established in the body weight squat exercise. Arch your back, look up slightly, and squat down. Keep your elbows up, so that they do not touch your knees. Go as low as you can and pause for a second before standing up.

Flexibility will generally be an issue, especially in the ankles and wrists. Hamstrings and hip flexors are often a problem too. If you cannot get into the proper positions, then you should stretch before your workout. You may have heard that stretching before a workout will reduce your strength. This is not an issue because the goal is to learn proper movement patterns. Stretching afterwards and on off days will also be helpful.

I recommend 3 sets of 10 for each. This will allow for a good amount of practice. If you want to do lower reps, just make sure you do a total of 30 for each exercise. Follow this routine 3 days a week for 3 weeks. Start out using just the bar. Only increase the weight when you can perform an exercise correctly.

maykmendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maykmendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maykmendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maykmendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maykmendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice

BboyVP89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Awesome post.

This is just what I needed thanks!

ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    helpful thread, I learned all my lifts on my own by starting insanely light and watching tons of videos on this forum. It helped A LOT

WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhewBo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good stuff in this thread.

GingerStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread. I an totally new to Olympic lifting, I will try this starting program and get back to you, thanks!
    Blog - http://gingerstrength.wordpress.com/
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/Ginger_Strength
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/AndreaSandstrm

timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Going to give it a shot once I have internet in new house.
    Active IQ Level 3 Personal Trainer & Nutritional Advisor.

musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks xD

Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You said to follow this program for 3 weeks, what should we do after we've finished this?

MotzkoOlympic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Looking for Advice on starting Oly Lifting. 14 years old.

Alright, Hi im Tom Motzko I live in Highland Park IL and im beginning olympic lifting. Ive played football my whole life and I Already get letters from colleges and I have talked to many D1 colleges about my path to a scholarship. I want to start olympic lifting to increase my explosivness and technique and I find it interseting. Im 6´1 210.5 lbs, I squat 380, Bench 230, and I clean 220+, and clean and jerk 215-220. Is that a good start? My snatch I have to work on but I ma wondering am I on a good path.

Resident MTB crash expert MtnJax's Avatar
    MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MotzkoOlympic View Post
    Alright, Hi im Tom Motzko I live in Highland Park IL and im beginning olympic lifting. Ive played football my whole life and I Already get letters from colleges and I have talked to many D1 colleges about my path to a scholarship. I want to start olympic lifting to increase my explosivness and technique and I find it interseting. Im 6´1 210.5 lbs, I squat 380, Bench 230, and I clean 220+, and clean and jerk 215-220. Is that a good start? My snatch I have to work on but I ma wondering am I on a good path.
    if you want to do the oly lifts with thoughts of actually competing, find a coach. even if you want to do them for football, still find some kind of coach to teach you the lifts. otherwise, i'd just stick to power cleans for football. seems to be the way most programs go. snatch is much more about technique than

i actually listened to a podcast today that mentioned that some top D1 football players can clean 400+ lbs with basically crap technique, because they're just strong. that ain't happening with the snatch
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

**Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    Rule #5: Harden the fuk up!

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Ski/Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

**KNEE DRAGGERS CREW**

mariakanellis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think is there a need for the knee wrap when using the bar without weights.

nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100) nolanheyer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Great videos. Very informative.

FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100) FiveTimers is not very well liked. (-100)
    Very inspiring post. I'm going to do that right now.

HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100) HealthFreak0x1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    awesome!

Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100) Fitmom789 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Love this! Thank you for sharing

Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    Great post, thanks.
    One of the best posts I’ve seen

Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100) Stevolifts89 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by FiveTimers View Post
    Very inspiring post. I'm going to do that right now.
    Really tough going !

Originally Posted by raffiki View Post
    They are sleeves not wraps. It was in the morning and the garage was cold.
    What is the difference lol?