Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

low weight high rep workout

Somebody in my previous thread mentioned I should start a new thread with this question. Is low weight high rep workout right for me? I'm 6'0 190 16 percent bodyfat. Before I got lazy in the last few months, I was really involved in type stuff like blading/running/martial arts/biking etc. I want to get back to doing those things, but find myself winded quite quickly. I want to get down to 160/170, have a body similar to brandon lee, because thats where I was most comfortable with. Would a high rep low weight program be right for me? And can someone help me put one together?

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Lilbambito
    Somebody in my previous thread mentioned I should start a new thread with this question. Is low weight high rep workout right for me? I'm 6'0 190 16 percent bodyfat. Before I got lazy in the last few months, I was really involved in type stuff like blading/running/martial arts/biking etc. I want to get back to doing those things, but find myself winded quite quickly. I want to get down to 160/170, have a body similar to brandon lee, because thats where I was most comfortable with. Would a high rep low weight program be right for me? And can someone help me put one together?

Well there's a lot of ways you can look at this... And I'm sure that someone is gonna toss a whole crapload of science at you... But essentially... Just yourself up a routine, where each body part is performing 12-15 sets for a weekly total... In a rep range of 8-12... Where the 12th rep is a challenge...
    Then hit the cardio, keep a journal, (So you can learn more about how your body works... You need to become the expert on you! None of us really can be...)

Then just fall back on the old Nike slogan... "Just do it!"
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lilbambito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info. I went to go see a doc in regards to the headache I had. Well I had an allergy shot and we talked about the headache, did some tests and found out that I have high blood pressure.I told him how I started to workout and he said that I should focus on cardio and do light weight work and take it easy. I thought about it and figured that maybe I would setup a body part per day workout. 3 excercises per each and 3x15 gonna aim for a weight that I can get 12 on and then once I hit 20 with it gonna move on.And as time goes by focus on more strength and lower the reps gradually.
    monday 30 mins cardio chest
    tuesday 30 mins cardio back
    wed 30 mins cardio shoulders
    thur 30 mins cardio legs
    friday 30 mins cardio bi/tris
    getting to a gym isnt a problem since I have a bench and treadmill/stairmaster at home.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Lilbambito
    Thanks for the info. I went to go see a doc in regards to the headache I had. Well I had an allergy shot and we talked about the headache, did some tests and found out that I have high blood pressure.I told him how I started to workout and he said that I should focus on cardio and do light weight work and take it easy. I thought about it and figured that maybe I would setup a body part per day workout. 3 excercises per each and 3x15 gonna aim for a weight that I can get 12 on and then once I hit 20 with it gonna move on.And as time goes by focus on more strength and lower the reps gradually.
    monday 30 mins cardio chest
    tuesday 30 mins cardio back
    wed 30 mins cardio shoulders
    thur 30 mins cardio legs
    friday 30 mins cardio bi/tris
    getting to a gym isnt a problem since I have a bench and treadmill/stairmaster at home.
    Couple of notes...

-Just do your cardio after your lift... You'll get much more out of both this way...

-Have something that seperates Chest and Back... They're your big 2, you don't want to do them on back to back days.

-Eventually if you are going to make this a lifestyle change, you will either need to join a gym, or buy more equipment... You might want to check out the Equipment forum (Near the very bottom of Forums list) to look into what to expand on...
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Tender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quick note, low weights and high reps cannot build strength and muscle; that's simple anatomical science. Intensity and overload build muscle. Instead of doing 8-12 reps try 6-8 reps and throw on more weight. Keep your sets in moderation, you don't need too many sets per body part if you're intense during your workouts (6-9 per body part is good), and don't rest too long between sets.
    Every thing you do should count towards something; you should gain something every day.