NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lateral Raises (SHoulders) Killing Me

ALL types of lateral raises...i cant do them..i just cant ****ing do them. what the **** is wrong. like i can do dumbell presses with about 30 lb in each dumbbell. but the lateral raises..damn i can only do with 10 lb in each dumbbell and i still struggel

Standing Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises
    Seated Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises

you name it, i cant do them...did any of you have any of this problem in the beginning?

BigAlch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigAlch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigAlch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigAlch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigAlch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigAlch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CANT
    just start light and work yor way up
    keep good form and keep slowly overloading your training

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    define "can't"

do you mean you get a pain in your shoulder or something?

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mikey1
    define "can't"

do you mean you get a pain in your shoulder or something?
    Yes

There's nothing wrong with using light weight at first. Especially if you've never really worked the medial deltoids before.

BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ is right...start of slowly to get form right..and move up , take ur time...theres no rush

good luck and remember : keep eating (6 meals per day )
    sleep ( 8-10 hours per day)
    train hardcore

duece123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duece123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duece123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude, i shoulder press 65+ dumbells and only use 25's when I do raises. Moral of story, start with 5's and work on form
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!!
    here we come orange bowl.....oh wait we got screwed!!!!

Lifting is the only sport that you can kick your own A$$ at and enoy it....

bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000)
    work your way up. I find lateral raises are easy to increase strength with. If you are doing both arms at the same time try doing them one at a time. I used to only be able to do 20's but now I can do 40's
    Just live your life with God inside. You wont regret one moment of it. Give all that you have for God.

NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaveedK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    all of you guys are helpful.

well i am having a good diet. but one concern is supplements.

i wanted to take plain kre alkalyn but i need energy. i have a tiring labour job that required stand and lifitng at times..

i was thinking about take xpand and kre alkalyn. xpand pre workout and kre alkalyn post workout and on weekends? how is that?

PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can db press 70's for like 6 reps, and I only lateral raise like 10-15lbs.
    I'd say you're on your mark, just keep working.
    Originally Posted by jasonw86

I've been taking nolva from a friend now at 40mg a week and was gonna do the 40/40/20/20 thing. But my nipple is still leaking something.
    BTW, we're not gay or anything, we just get bored when our girlfriends are gone and mess around with each other some. A lot of guys do it.

uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uni4orm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lat raises are so hard because you don`t use them muscles that often,granted some do but not very many. so in retrospec they are weak. just keep trying man. you`ll get there. i use 12`s and 15`s and i`ve been working out for well... today was the first day of my fourth week.
    start off like mud:finish as A BRICK **** HOUSE

Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hardest part with those is you can't get weights small enough. Every increase is very large percentage wise. I'm up to 22 an arm. I did 18 lbs before that. . .percent wise that's like adding 40lbs to a 200 lb bench. I thought I'd never get past 10lbs at one point.

Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100) Burns336 is not very well liked. (-100)
    yeah, the lateral raises are challenging and its alot better to be one of the guys using good form, then the guy trying to use a ton of weight, i db press 45-50 lbs, but i only do 10-12.5 on lateral raises. you will feel alot better of a burn with the good form over the heavy weight

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Arrow

Originally Posted by NaveedK
    ALL types of lateral raises...i cant do them..i just cant ****ing do them. what the **** is wrong. like i can do dumbell presses with about 30 lb in each dumbbell. but the lateral raises..damn i can only do with 10 lb in each dumbbell and i still struggel

Standing Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises
    Seated Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises

you name it, i cant do them...did any of you have any of this problem in the beginning?
    Doing heavy weight is NOT important for laterals. Form is KEY on these. You need to keep your arms outstretched as straight as possible with only a slight bend in the elbows. Conventional standing laterals never did much for me. Never really felt my medial delts until I began doing lying laterals. You might want to give them a try sometime.

Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ego at the door, pal.

gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have braud shoulders and i only do 15's for laterals....ive been doing 15's for around a month and im seeing good gains...bout to move up to 25's tho, wanted to hang on to those 15's for a little while with added a few reps to get some rip goin on

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if ur only pressing 30's

no wonder 10's or more give u a tuff time

try 5's or 8's if ur gym has them.

wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    like has been said dude. laterals are not a weight exercise. i press 80lb dumbs and rarely pick up the 25s on laterals. on a light shoulder i'lljust burn ouot with 10lbs. these are truly a case of needing to focus on the movement and forget the weight
    Gym.....Tan.....Laundry **Georgia Crew** Newton County** ** Twinlab MILITIA member since 2014 **

bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000)
    diamond i just started doing your lying laterals. I had to go to 15 lbs. When on stnading I can do 40lbs. They felt pretty good though its gonna take me a little while to get used to them. Also I see what your saying about how a kettle ball is easier for lying lateral press
    Just live your life with God inside. You wont regret one moment of it. Give all that you have for God.

You're doing it wrong. BladeRun's Avatar
    BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pyramid sets helped me a lot. Currently I do 30's, 40's, 50's and back down, but in all honesty I need to drop the 50's as the form is questionable.

My delts didn't really start growing until I started paying attention to rears. A GREAT exercise for rear delts is the reverse cable fly. I grab the handles, take 2 steps back, and extend in a backwards fly motion. Be sure that you don't drop your elbows or rock at the waist.

siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They might not work for you as they didnt work for me. I did laterals with 5kgs strict and slow, varied reps and weight, the burn in my shoulders was extreme but I didnt make progress for 7 months. Yeah its a bitch isnt it, 7 months doing it right but still not growing **** on the shoulders. Pressing movements work wonders for me, I progress from every workout. Im trying DD's bent press and it seems to do something.