Thread: chest puzzle

BenchpressER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

chest puzzle

i started lifting about 2 years ago roughly. i've grown soo much since then. When i started i had arms that were put to shame by girl arms, thats just to let you know how bad i was. i always had big legs and big calves, they just weren't cut, and my back was puny, my chest puny as well. i've come along way everything has grown soo much. i look big now and am planning to cut because of the fat gained as well. one thing that still puzzles me is my chest. it looks very bad. for most of my time training i stuck to flat barbell presses, incline bb, and decline bb, for
    a year. the only part of my chest that grew with this exercise was my outer chest, all of it especially the middle and bottom. basically only my the very outter portion of my chest was developed top to bottom
    i've changed my routine since then and my chest looks soo much better because of it. my new routine is as follows:

decline db 3 sets
    incline db 3 sets
    pec deck 3 sets
    machine press 3 sets ( the one thats like a becnh press but you are sitting down and pushing vertically) i then do a stretch of the pec deck machine with heavier weight than i used for my set. i basically don't do the full motion of the peck deck just the end and when i cant do another rep i hold it there (this is to work my inner chest which is one of my weakness)

i know its a long post but please bare with me. With my new routine i experienced great growth but my chest still looks like crap the only part that i need to work on is basically upper middle chest( my lower inner is good and has been developing because of peck deck) also just plainly my whole middle and upper chest lack mass. my chest seems to be weierd i do so many exercises yet only hit a very small portion of my chest. Is it due to genetics. i have a big back, big legs, big arms, and a small chest its only 39 inches and looks so. I posted this thread because of the enormous amount of knowledge on this forum, and know that all the guys on this forum will chime in and hopefully tell me stuff that isnt basic or normal, you know the exercises or techniques that i can use to make my chest look good. hoping guys like diamong delts, and defiant one, and everybody else on the board chimes in. Thank you
    Weight 187
    Height 5'7
    bf low
    Arms~15.5(flexed)
    legs~24.5
    calves~16.5
    chest~40

KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First of all the chest contracts as one muscle so technically you can't work different parts of the chest. You can however target certain areas.

If I were you I would:
    -Drop the pec deck.
    -Do inclines first.
    -Go heavy. Barbells allow you to move more weight than dumbbells.
    -Check your nutrition.

-J

you know what maybe going with barbells would add alot of mass haven't done a bb press in a long time good advice bro, but i disagree about checking my nutrition, it's in check bro, i keep growing and growing , i've been gaining weight went from 125 to 187 now, it's just my stubborn chest won't grow in a way that it'll look full and good.
    Weight 187
    Height 5'7
    bf low
    Arms~15.5(flexed)
    legs~24.5
    calves~16.5
    chest~40

TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWatcher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is the routine your looking for my friend..

In.barbell or In. dumbbell press - 3 sets (6-10) reps
    Flat dumbbell press-3 sets (6-10) reps
    Incline dumbbell fly- 3 sets (8-12) reps
    Dips- 3 sets (12-15) reps

weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weeksie009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do barbells..pinch your shoulder blades 2gether and keep your shoulders down through the whole thing... lower the weight to where you can do 8 reps. 3 second negative, briefly touch your chest and explode upward with the weight. lower the weight to concentrate on doing this and concentrate pushing with the pecs and feeling a contraction rather than with your arms. im in the same boat you are. i have a 43 inch chest with 17.5 inch arms. i finally relaized that i was pushing with my arms and lifting with my "ego" rather than my chest. ive seen good development since... good luck

thanks everybody for the advice soo far, everyone has given great advice, but more would be appreciated
    Weight 187
    Height 5'7
    bf low
    Arms~15.5(flexed)
    legs~24.5
    calves~16.5
    chest~40

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by weeksie009
    do barbells..pinch your shoulder blades 2gether and keep your shoulders down through the whole thing... lower the weight to where you can do 8 reps. 3 second negative, briefly touch your chest and explode upward with the weight. lower the weight to concentrate on doing this and concentrate pushing with the pecs and feeling a contraction rather than with your arms. im in the same boat you are. i have a 43 inch chest with 17.5 inch arms. i finally relaized that i was pushing with my arms and lifting with my "ego" rather than my chest. ive seen good development since... good luck
    I am also kinda in the same boat, ego must leave, form must come. Its the only way.

PS. Nice movement info, thats exactly what i noticed as well.
    "I'm worried about deadlifts too. I mean the word "dead" has got to be in there for a reason. Are you sure they won't kill me?" - olympic