Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz

The Xtend "IV" Experiment

After seeing the incredible results Scivation president Marc got from sipping on Xtend all day, I decided to follow in his lead and start massive dosing Xtend. Another thing that made me decide to do this is I've always seen the best results when I am supplementing with high amounts of BCAA (i.e. when I used Leptigen and another time when I was using 30 grams of ICE and day).

We know that Leucine is the key regulator of the mTOR signaling pathway, which regulates protein synthesis and enhances glycogen synthesis activity in muscle and Leptin expression in adipocytes.

Isoleucine stimulates insulin-independent glucose uptake in skeletal muscle, which will lower plasma glucose levels.

I ran into an interesting study that showed Valine to reduce fatty acid synthase in adipocytes by 40% (in rats)[1], which would me less fat storage.

So I am intrigued. There is a lot of interesting research on BCAA and more is continuously being learned about them.

I'll update my stats and other on here on Sunday.

1. Taylor WM, Halperin ML. Effect of valine on the control of fatty acid synthesis in white adipose tissue of the rat. Can J Biochem. 1975 Oct;53(10):1054-60.

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sounds interesting, just a little expensive.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much are you going to be taking now bro?
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is great Derek!

I am up to 220lbs now from 190 in January. I have no clue why. I am dieting down and targeting a show on May 25 because I had to postpone the last show due to travel, business and family obligations.

The only change in my regiment has been adding mega-dosed Xtend and NOxidant. My diet has even been pretty consistent with what I was doing before. Vascularity is more pronounced even at this higher bodyweight and my strength is up.

I am glad people saw me at the Olympia then at the Arnold so they can confirm that I'm not just making up stats!

I look forward to seeing your results, Derek!

Marc Lobliner
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000)
    thats unbelievable
    looking forward to this
    I don't have a tuxedo that fits anymore because my chest and my biceps are too big.
    Charlie Sheen

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gotta admit, both Marc and Derek looked damned good at the Arnold, I'll definitely be following this to see how much Extend can add to someone already as impressive as Derek.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Marc how many servings are u taking for mega dosing? I have the small scooper the yellow on I have to take 5 of those to get 1 serving,I just emailed ya back also
    Take care
    @teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    I had started doing this at the Expo and continued doing it when I got home because I became sick (so about 6-7 days so far) and I already notice an increase in vascularity.

Xtend, per serving (2 scoops) is:
    L-Leucine 3.5 g
    L-Isoleucine 1.75 g
    L-Valine 1.75 g
    L-Glutamine 2.5 g
    Vitamin B6 10 mg
    Citrulline Malate 1 g
    So 7 grams total BCAA per serving

My dosing will probably be:
    Workout days
    7:45 (Pre-workout) 1 serving
    8-9:15 (During Workout) 1 serving
    9:30 (Post Workout) 1 serving
    Then 3 more servings sipped throughout the day
    Total BCAA = 42 grams
    I may also drink a serving in the middle of the night when I wake up to use the bathroom, so a total of about 50 grams BCAA a day.

I'll post my diet, training split, and stats on Sunday.

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been telling people to do this for 2 years now, glad someone finally caught on.

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It really is anabolic. Dave knows his stuff.

He is also one attractive individual!
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

I have only talked to Dave , I have not seen him. I will be in Vegas for sure so hopefully will get a chance to meet all

Originally Posted by Scivation
    It really is anabolic. Dave knows his stuff.

He is also one attractive individual!
    @teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Originally Posted by Customizer
    I've been telling people to do this for 2 years now, glad someone finally caught on.
    You were the reason why I started using Free form amino acids in the first place (ICE and Vendetta)... about 2 years ago (he wasn't lying folks!).

I'll keep you guys up to date

doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    definately interested. But question: Is only 3 extra throughout the day enough? If I remember correctly Marc was putting it in all of his water he consumed.

If I could afford to do this it would be great lol
    @teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sixpack
    If I could afford to do this it would be great lol
    Same here...Even though I get things at cost it's still to spendy. I guess I will settle for BCAA's during workout.
    Do or Die

R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you're only after the bcaa's you can, someone invented bulk powders for a reason

190-220 in 2 months is freakin impressive though, i wonder if we all underestimate the power of bcaa's, gonna start mega dosing them myself now!

great work on the research beast/customizer/scivation!
    "Live like a bad son of a bitch and let's play some ball"
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    squats - 365x17, 435x10, 500x1, all with wraps only
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

PM me if I owe you reps and it's been 3+ days since the bet

Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cheap, qaulity bulk BCAA. just add your own flavoring for ****s and giggles.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sf/bcaa.html

Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedi Master will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is great Derek!

I am up to 220lbs now from 190 in January.

Marc Lobliner

Are you saying you put on 30lbs of muscle in 2 months using BCAA's?? LOL

vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jedi Master
    cheap, qaulity bulk BCAA. just add your own flavoring for ****s and giggles.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sf/bcaa.html

hmm good call jedi. This sounds intersting I might actually try this. IF I took 2 scoops at a time for something like 6-7 times a day that would be 60-70 grams of bcaas a day. Damn i might do this, jsut gotta get some money haha
    you can boast about anything if it?s all you have. Maybe the less you have, the more you are required to boast.

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah except that price really isn't all that cheap

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would just buy some bulk Leucine next time I order Xtend. Sounds very interesting Derek.
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by doggzj
    If I remember correctly Marc was putting it in all of his water he consumed.
    I have done this with Nitrojet for the past year. I add a few servings each time I drink water and end up with an extra 30 grams of amino acids each day. Not quite as extreme as Beast's experiment, but it has been effective for me.

Hard to quantify exactly how many pounds of muscle I can attribute to this, but I have had a great year for me in terms of size and strength.
    A winner is someone who recognizes his God given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. - Larry Bird

I'm just going to fill up a gallon jug when I get home from the gym and put the 3 servings (6 scoops) in it. I'm going to gather some studies on BCAA then post them here later today.

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i am pretty sure board member sixthsense is a big fan of sipping on a similar glutamine + BCAA cocktail throughout the day.
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

how do you guys manage to drink BCAA's?? The obviously dont mix mix well, and they get caught in my throat, thats one of the reasons I like Beverlys BCAA tablets.

is there anyway to make them more drinkable??

covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50) covert ash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subscribing.
    The journey of 10,000 miles begins with the first step.

Learn to walk before you run.

Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500) Iron___Stoner is not very helpful. (-500)
    This is great Derek!

I am up to 220lbs now from 190 in January. I have no clue why. I am dieting down and targeting a show on May 25 because I had to postpone the last show due to travel, business and family obligations.

The only change in my regiment has been adding mega-dosed Xtend and NOxidant. My diet has even been pretty consistent with what I was doing before. Vascularity is more pronounced even at this higher bodyweight and my strength is up.

I am glad people saw me at the Olympia then at the Arnold so they can confirm that I'm not just making up stats!

I look forward to seeing your results, Derek!

Marc Lobliner
    Up 30 pounds since in 3 months? thats amazing. thats like a super mesomorph, new to lifting, on steroids, 400g protein per day... and more. wow. i bet u got some massive stretch marks...

JohnnyThrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyThrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyThrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyThrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyThrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyThrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyThrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As much as I have come to respect and admire Derek for the contributions he has made to this site, I have to question his motives for promoting "massive doses" of BCAA's.

If you're starving, hooked up to an IV, or somehow incredibly deficient in your daily protein consumption, then yes, I can understand the massive BCAA supplementation. But for bodybuilders??

Come on man, don't influence all those young guys to go spend what little cash they have on these supplements.

http://www.vitacost.com/science/hn/S...ain_Aminos.htm

Some research has shown that BCAA supplementation (typically 10-20 grams per day) does not result in meaningful changes in body composition,3 nor does it improve exercise performance4 5 6 7 8 or enhance the effects of physical training.9 10 However, BCAA supplementation may be useful in special situations, such as preventing muscle loss at high altitudes11 and prolonging endurance performance in the heat.12 Studies by one group of researchers suggest that BCAA supplementation may also improve exercise-induced declines in some aspects of mental functioning.13 14 15

Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've just put 2 bottles of Xtend in my cart, finalizing yet another $300+ BB.com order. I'm going to give this mega dosing a try as well. I only have another 6 months of single life left, so my days of putting money into supps instead of college accounts is numbered.

The purpose is to experiment with supraphysiological levels of BCAA, specifically leucine.

People have always gotten good results from HIGH protein diets, yet studies show that anything over 1 g/lb really won't do much.

Beverly international's athletes always get incredible results from taken BCAA/Liver Tabs between or will meals. These are extra BCAA added to their high protein diets.

"Come on man, don't influence all those young guys to go spend what little cash they have on these supplements."

If this works well, I would much rather have the young guys buy BCAA instead of steroids or Nitrotech...

As for my motives, to freakin see if it works. I don't get any money from doing this. I don't get any money for Xtend sales. I'm doing it in the name of science and experiment.

Originally Posted by JohnnyThrice
    As much as I have come to respect and admire Derek for the contributions he has made to this site, I have to question his motives for promoting "massive doses" of BCAA's.

If you're starving, hooked up to an IV, or somehow incredibly deficient in your daily protein consumption, then yes, I can understand the massive BCAA supplementation. But for bodybuilders??

Come on man, don't influence all those young guys to go spend what little cash they have on these supplements.

http://www.vitacost.com/science/hn/S...ain_Aminos.htm