Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IanNy643 View Post
    I read somewhere that doing incline press for upper chest is a myth? I'm pretty confused. I'm actually just looking to build my upper chest currently (i don't want to push out the manboobs lol) but i don't want to start until i can figure out if it will really work the upper chest and avoid the lower chest. Last thing is is more definition in undesirable places. Just looking for some feedback. TY in advance.
    Lol.

There is NO school of physiology that ever thought that. Not one. Not contiguous innervation in humans theory. None.

Anyone who says it is a myth is an idiot.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamier11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If i already do dips, is it necessary to add some decline to the mix to develop the lower pecs?

buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffmanjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jamier11 View Post
    If i already do dips, is it necessary to add some decline to the mix to develop the lower pecs?
    probably not necessary, but changing things up is good.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    I read somewhere that doing incline press for upper chest is a myth?
    burn your source.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Incline Press for Upper Chest

I read somewhere that doing incline press for upper chest is a myth? I'm pretty confused. I'm actually just looking to build my upper chest currently (i don't want to push out the manboobs lol) but i don't want to start until i can figure out if it will really work the upper chest and avoid the lower chest. Last thing is is more definition in undesirable places. Just looking for some feedback. TY in advance.

First off, there is entirely too much inaccurate information floating around on the Internet. If you really want the answer to this question, we must look at scientific data, not just random people's opinions.

Since I cannot post links yet, just Google "What do we know about muscle activity during the bench press?" and you will find informative, academic studies regarding these subjects.

As for your answer, according to the study, "EMG activity during the incline bench press was significantly higher than that in the decline bench press but only non-significantly greater than that in the horizontal bench press."

So, basically incline bench press slightly recruits more of the upper pecs than horizontal bench press, but not significantly.

Based on these studies, sounds like the best thing to do would be to utilize a combination of all bench press and dumbbell press variations (horizontal, incline, decline) to obtain the best results.

Also, I find it interesting that overall narrow grip bench presses recruit more muscle fibers than wide grip. Goes to show the non-sense floating around the Web!

matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10) matthewebbert is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just make sure that the incline bench is set at 30 degrees of incline (35 at the max). If it is more than that you will put too much load on the shoulders and not enough on the upper chest that you are trying to work.

that's some good tips..

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Incline makes my pecks perky.

Decline makes them floppy.
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brucemathers33 View Post
    First off, there is entirely too much inaccurate information floating around on the Internet. If you really want the answer to this question, we must look at scientific data, not just random people's opinions.

Since I cannot post links yet, just Google "What do we know about muscle activity during the bench press?" and you will find informative, academic studies regarding these subjects.

As for your answer, according to the study, "EMG activity during the incline bench press was significantly higher than that in the decline bench press but only non-significantly greater than that in the horizontal bench press."

So, basically incline bench press slightly recruits more of the upper pecs than horizontal bench press, but not significantly.

Based on these studies, sounds like the best thing to do would be to utilize a combination of all bench press and dumbbell press variations (horizontal, incline, decline) to obtain the best results.

Also, I find it interesting that overall narrow grip bench presses recruit more muscle fibers than wide grip. Goes to show the non-sense floating around the Web!
    There was less information available on the internet in 2007, when this post is from. Also OP hasn't posted since 2010 so I'll bet he has had this question answered and went on with his life.

Sw0le-ass 150lbr at heart Jakeylee's Avatar
    Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000) Jakeylee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Strong bump.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Typical 5/3/1 log -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152790153

Self reminder: owe reps back to Timetogrowup, Justin93.

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jakeylee View Post
    Strong bump.
    Nice catch! Reps for that. I can move on. lol
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

Location: Greater london, Middlesex, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100) kimboray1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Dont kid yourself body building is 80% GENETICS 10% Training and 10% NUTRITION. Ever seen a guy with a well built physique whose never touched a weight in his life? Then at the other end you will have someone whose been gyming it for years but no one would know.

GENETICS IS 80% BODYBUILDING.

CRaul87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not ****ting you but I saw a homeless guys that was ****ing ripped and looked bigger than me! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kimboray1 View Post
    Dont kid yourself body building is 80% GENETICS 10% Training and 10% NUTRITION. Ever seen a guy with a well built physique whose never touched a weight in his life? Then at the other end you will have someone whose been gyming it for years but no one would know.

GENETICS IS 80% BODYBUILDING.
    Ok.