Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Zeze22doops has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BadLuckJoe View Post
    ^^^ Exactly!

A wider stance diffinetly activates more of the glutes then the quads for most people.

I got a huge butt from doing them too wide for like 5 months lol.
    So then when you did narrow squats, did your butt get smaller? Does that mean wide squats strengthens and makes glute muscles bigger and narrow squats don't? Can narrow squats get rid of fat on top?

Zeze22doops has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tropo View Post
    The main problem with narrow stance squats is that it is very hard on the knees compared to wide stance. The knees do a lot more work and take a hell of a lot more stress. Take this from an old guy (50) who has done narrow stance squats nearly his whole life (over 30 years) and ****ed up his knees and now has tibio-femoral arthritis in both knees and patella arthritis in the right knee. Dispite this huge diability I'm coping with, I can still do, with much care, reasonably heavy wide stance squats. If I tried narrow stance squats I'd become crippled within a day and limping around with extreme knee pain. Narrow front squats used to be my favourite leg exercise.

Of course a healthy young guy will still be able to do narrow stance squats with no obvious signs of damage (I did for 30 years), but its a risk you take.
    Did narrow squats do anything for your butt? Like make them smaller or bigger or stronger or more muscle-y? I want a smaller butt and I'm wondering if narrow squats will help.

mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^I think im a little dumber after reading that

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Strong progressive bump
    There is no substitute for hard work