gRapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to Bodybuilding

Well, i have read many things on bodybuilding, and i think i'm going to be more serious, because i really need to get sum excerise hehe, i play too much.

I'm 16, and i currently weigh 140.

I'm looking for help on where to start and how to start. Preferbly need sum help starting low and need to know the bodybuildin terms

thx

zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what specifically do u wanna know? and ill see what i can do!
    ACSM-CPT
    Disclaimer: The above represents my opinion and does not constitute medical advice.

Basicly where to start. The terms of bodybuilding, the starting workout plans and diets etc.

zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) zackdbell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well that is a lot to learn and will take time but here are some terms to that might help you out (sorry it may be a lot!) :

AEROBICS or AEROBIC EXERCISE: Exercising in a manner which involves or improves oxygen consumption by the body. In bodybuilding, aerobic exercise is generally used as an activity to promote the loss of body fat.

ANABOLIC: The phase of metabolism in which simple substances are synthesized into the complex materials of living tissue. In terms of bodybuilding, something that is "anabolic" in nature said to promote the growth of muscle tissue. The word "anabolic" is often used with the term "steroid" but one should note that the two terms have separate and distinct meanings. Proper nutrients, adequate protein, and other legal substances also promote and support the growth of muscle tissue and therefore, are also anabolic in nature.

ANAEROBIC EXERCISE: Intense exercise which is short in duration associated with the process of glucose and other cellular compounds energizing working muscles exclusive of oxygen from the blood.

BARBELL or BB: the main and basic implement of weight lifting (along with dumbbells) composed of a length of steel bar affixed with circular weights of differing denominations (plates) on both ends. Typical barbells are approximately one inch to one-and-an-eighth inches in diameter and five to seven feet long.

BICEPS or BIs: The large two headed muscle at the front of the upper arm that flexes the forearm. The biceps function in pulling and curling movements.

CARDIO: Pertaining to activity which elevates the resting heart rate. This is bodybuilding jargon for moderate to intense aerobic activity.

CONCENTRIC CONTRACTION: the shortening of a muscle due to muscle contraction. Also known as the positive or positive contraction, moving the resistance away from the plane of gravity. For example, pulling the weight up in a biceps curl movement.

DELTOIDS or DELTS: the large, three-part muscles (front, side and rear deltoid) of the shoulder that move the arms away from the body. They push and press.

DOMS: recently popularized acronym for Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness, the phenomena of muscle soreness from sport or exercise afflicting the body a day or two after performance. Causes and desirability are subject to discussion.

DUMBBELLS or DBs: the short-handled partners of the barbell that complete the core of the weight lifting family. Dumbbells usually come in matching pairs and will range in length from six to eight inches (light DBs allowing for handgrip and a minimum of affixed plates) to 24 inches (heavy duty).

ECCENTRIC CONTRACTION: the lengthening of the muscle while under the tension of resistance. Also known as the negative or negative contraction, countering the resistance in its movement toward the gravity plane. For example, the lowering of the weight in a biceps curl.

EXTENSION: the straightening of a simple joint, as in the leg extension.

EZ CURL BAR or BENT BAR: a specially bent barbell to accommodate the handgrip, affording lifting and muscle-building advantages in both biceps curling and triceps extension exercises. Hand angles often protect wrists and elbows from abusive twist.

FULL RANGE OF MOTION: a reference to the total action of a muscle(s) and the associated joint(s) in contrast to partial or abbreviated muscle and joint action.

GETTING CUT: bodybuilding term for gaining muscularity through serious application of training; exercise and diet without faltering.

GETTING RIPPED: bodybuilding slang for extreme muscularizing; gaining superior muscle hardness and definition through hard weight training and severe dieting.

GLUTEUS MAXIMUS: glutes, butt, bottom, rear. The outermost muscle of the three glutei found in each of the human buttocks.

HAMSTRINGS or HAMS: a.k.a the thigh biceps. Short for hamstring muscle, any of three muscles at the back of the thigh that function to flex and rotate the leg and extend the thigh.

HIGH REPS: terminology for a technique in muscle building where high repetitions (safe estimation: above 12) of given exercises are performed for specific purposes (exercise practice, muscle warm-up, injury repair, muscularity, sport conditioning, weight loss).

HIT: high-intensity training, a training technique where the trainee applies his training output to failure (extreme, maximum, total, dizzy, falling down—nausea is a good sign of the last rep) during each set after appropriately warming up. HIT workouts are typically shorter in duration and less frequent than other methods of training.

INTENSITY: extremity of strength, force, energy and feeling directed toward one’s training. Combine with focus.

ISOLATION: a reference to exercising one specific muscle exclusive of others to focus effort on or protect that muscle.

LACTIC ACID: a byproduct of glucose and glycogen metabolism produced in the muscles during the hard work of exercise. Its presence is accompanied by muscle fatigue and burning pain. Embrace the pain and grow lean.

LATISSIMUS DORSI or LATS: the large muscles of the back that are chiefly responsible for the V-shape noticed in the male and female form. The lats are the prime movers for the adduction, extension and hyperextension of the shoulder joints. They pull; the shoulders push.

LOW REPS: the system of practicing low repetitions (below six) for specific effects in training (muscle mass, bulk, weight gain, power).

MAX REP or SINGLES: a reference in powerlifting to the heavy single repetition sets (single rep set) practiced in training to approach one’s maximum (max) lifting output. 1RM= one rep max.

MULTI-SET: a series of exercises (usually 4 or 5) performed one after another with little pause. The total comprises one multi-set of perhaps 3, 4 or 5 multi-sets, the trainee in pursuit of specific goals (peak athletic conditioning, muscularity, aerobics, change of pace).

OLYMPIC BAR and PLATES: the popular weights used in competition and training. The standard bar weighs 45 pounds and is approximately seven feet long with rotating sleeves for lifting efficiency. Handsome tools.

OLYMPIC LIFTING: the weight-lifting sport of the Olympics, requiring enormous strength and extraordinary skill and athletics. It includes two lifts: the clean and jerk, and the snatch.

PACE: in weight lifting, as in other sports, a training term referring to the gauged speed at which one trains. Pace will vary with personality, purpose, mood or external factors (gym busy-ness, injury, other revolting interruptions).

PECTORALS or PECS: the broad band of muscles across the chest thats prime function is abducting the arms—moving the arms across the chest.

POWERLIFTING: the popular competitive sport of heavy weight lifting, which features the three power lifts: the bench press, the squat and the deadlift.

PR: abbreviation for personal record.

PUMP: muscle jargon referring to the enlarged and tightened sensation the lifter experiences within the working muscle resulting from the blood engorgement.

QUADRICEPS or QUADS: the major four-part muscles of the front thighs primarily engaged in extending the leg at the knee.

REPETITION or REP: one complete movement of an exercise.

RHYTHM: a term an athlete uses to describe the sensation of flow and pace in his sport performance. The weight trainer’s rhythm of training is achieved when functions are efficient and unimpeded.

ROTATOR CUFF: the complex of supporting and strengthening tendons and muscles that combine with the shoulder joint where the capsule of the shoulder and the head of the humerus (long bone of the upper arm) meet. A problem area for most active people, especially power athletes.

SERRATUS: the triple-tiered ridge of muscle located below the pecs and forward of the lats that accommodates the lats in adduction movement.

SET: the prescribed number of repetitions of any given exercise. Example: 1 set of 8 repetitions.

SINGLE-SET TRAINING: a system of training among strength lifters where sets of single repetitions are practiced with near-maximum output to develop skill, tenacity, structure strength and muscle power.

SMITH PRESS: a training apparatus that houses a bar that is smoothly guided by precision rods and bearings, allowing the trainee to press or squat with unique and purposeful advantage. Typically, plates are loaded as they are on free bars.

SPLIT WORKOUT: a workout divided into two or more parts thereby allowing different muscle groups to be worked at different times of the day (morning and evening) or on different days.

SUPERSET: two exercises performed alternately; one exercise followed by a second exercise in complement before resting, i.e. biceps curl followed by triceps extension equal one superset.

TENDINITIS: inflammation of a tendon, the tough band of connective tissue that connects a muscle to the bone. The affliction is common among athletes who strive hard or overtrain or allow themselves to get out of condition on occasion. Tendons, unfortunately, take a long time to heal. Ice often.

TORSO: the reference in Your Body Revival is to the trunk and midsection muscles: abdominals, obliques, erectors, intercostals.

TRICEPS or TRIs: the muscles on the back of the upper arm primarily for extending the elbow. They push or press.

TRI-SETS: three exercises executed one after the other in close succession, the total comprising one set, or tri-set.

VOLUME: a reference in muscle building to the total of sets and reps of exercises completed in a workout.

VOLUME TRAINING: the name of the technique where high volume is used.
    ACSM-CPT
    Disclaimer: The above represents my opinion and does not constitute medical advice.

Cool , thx a lot. Ne idea where i can find sum information on how to start a workout program

Yea here is a good article about a Beginner's Program :http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mike4.htm
    ACSM-CPT

Registered User mynameisgeorgel's Avatar
    mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just go to the URL in my signature and look at my workout plan.
    19 years old

5'9

195 lbs

Thanks for reply guys.
    I've heard that sum of those exercises can stunt ur growth is this true?

which ones have u herd stunt ur growth specifically?
    ACSM-CPT

exercises that puts pressure on ur spine i suppose

but i don't no a lot of the names yet

your probably talking about squats...here is a link to some info about squats and if it is dangerous to your spine and what not:
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/sean2.htm

by the way where do you plan on working out? just curious
    ACSM-CPT

i'll be working out at my local gym i guess
    o and thx for all ur helP

O , 1 more thing, what can i do when i'm doing cardio . Or how can i do a good cardio exercise?

BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluntStatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    diet good diet is the key

here is an article on beginner cardio :http://exercise.about.com/cs/exbegin.../begcardio.htm
    ACSM-CPT