Thread: risotto?

thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000)

risotto?

is risotto a good choice to eat at an italian restaurant... i know its rice, low-high gi? lots of fat or not? I have no idea... dont wanna go with the normal this time, trying something new.

OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) OatsnWhey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I made risotto about 2 weeks ago...ate the whole pot in a day. My nonna also makes risotto alot, I absolutly love it. If you want to try the risotto go for it man. Its not really that bad. In my risotto I put kidney beans and shrimp, but at the restaurant it will probably have a fair amount of parmesian cheese in it ( makes it taste really good ). I wouldn't be to concerned about the gi, its not like its dessert or anything + you are going out for dinner. The fat will be from the parmesian cheese mostly. If I was at a restaurant and they had risotto on the menu I would order it in a heartbeat.

In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thajeepster
    is risotto a good choice to eat at an italian restaurant... i know its rice, low-high gi? lots of fat or not? I have no idea... dont wanna go with the normal this time, trying something new.
    Not me, sorry

You see you will get those Berardi-bashers around here who will tell you: the use of the highest GI rice available - doesn't make a difference; the mixing of LOTS of fats and LOTS of high GI carbs - it won't affect you etc. but I would prefer a healthier meal. I know how they are made in restaraunts:

50-100g butter to START the onions/garlic, then adding the rice (very short grain, starchy, GI of around 100-120, compounded by the fact that it is cooked to a near mush ); then the flavorings whatever they may be, then they often add 50-100ml double cream AND an extra 30-50g butter (to enrich it), and once it is off the heat they stir in 50-100g parmesan or other italian cheese. I would stick to panfried veal (another classic italian dish), or osso bucco etc.

X

urb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xenithon
    Not me, sorry

You see you will get those Berardi-bashers around here who will tell you: the use of the highest GI rice available - doesn't make a difference; the mixing of LOTS of fats and LOTS of high GI carbs - it won't affect you etc. but I would prefer a healthier meal. I know how they are made in restaraunts:

50-100g butter to START the onions/garlic, then adding the rice (very short grain, starchy, GI of around 100-120, compounded by the fact that it is cooked to a near mush ); then the flavorings whatever they may be, then they often add 50-100ml double cream AND an extra 30-50g butter (to enrich it), and once it is off the heat they stir in 50-100g parmesan or other italian cheese. I would stick to panfried veal (another classic italian dish), or osso bucco etc.

X
    you're right...thats exactly how its made in restaurants...it's also high sodium...

although i'm not knocking it, its a delicious food.

the problem with american italian food restaurants is that they cook the few unhealthy dishes that italians actually eat. real italian cuisine is very high in good fats like olive oil, lean meats, and vegetables.

newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100) newform10 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by thajeepster View Post
    Risotto is one of my favourite dish.I eat ristto in Italian restaurant and they made so delicious risotto.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always heard the term risotto but never actually tried to figure out what it was. Sounds pretty good. Maybe the OP from 2005 figured out he/she could use brown rice instead of white rice or something for lower GI?

I should have tried this when I was in Italy for summer study abroad instead of eating pizza, Nutella filled pastries, and other prosciutto/cheese sandwiches (for lack of correct term) all the time.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post
    I've always heard the term risotto but never actually tried to figure out what it was. Sounds pretty good. Maybe the OP from 2005 figured out he/she could use brown rice instead of white rice or something for lower GI?

I should have tried this when I was in Italy for summer study abroad instead of eating pizza, Nutella filled pastries, and other prosciutto/cheese sandwiches (for lack of
    correct term) all the time.
    Yep, just think of it as rice-oto. Technically supposed to use arborrio rice or however the heck you spell it. Some of the best i have had is salmon risotto at a seafood place in San Francisco.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    2005 thread.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    2005 thread.
    The deliciousness of risotto transcends all decades.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023