the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK NINETY-SEVEN :: What Is The Best Kettlebell Workout?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Note: How can I win? Answer all questions in the order that they are asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What Is The Best Kettlebell Workout?

For the week of: 8/20-8/26
    Sunday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kettlebells are not the most popular piece of exercise equipment. However, many people have achieved great results through using them.

What is the best kettlebell workout? Be specific.

What kind of results can one achieve through a kettlebell workout?

How do kettlebells compare to the use of dumbbells and barbells?

What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using kettlebells?

Bonus Question: Have you used this type of training and if you have would you recommend it to others?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

----------------------------------
    NEW PRIZE MONEY!!!!!

The best response will get $75 in credit, and second place will get $50 in credit to use in our online store and will have their workout posted on our main site for the world to see!

NEW RULE!!!!!

* New Rule: Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I should get a prize for having my suggested topics chosen lol

Dave02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Kettlebell Workout

Kettlebells are not the most popular form of training among bodybuilders, but are gaining more and more respect by professional athletes and martial artist alike. Kettlebells can be used for many purposes, from increasing endurance, flexibility, and coordination, all the way to strength and mass. The great thing is that you can focus on one or two goals, such as muscle mass and strength, and without even trying you?ll also get endurance, flexibility, and coordination along with it, not to mention toughness. Just take one look at Mike Mahler, Steve Maxwell, and Pavel Tsatsouline. All three are strong/ athletic men with a more than respectable physique. Now if you aspire to be the next Mr. Olympia, focusing on kettlebells might not be for you, but that doesn?t mean you cant use then to add some variety. Many power lifters and gymnast use kettlebell exercise as supplements to their training.

There is no one really best kettlebell workout, because everyone has different goals. However a good workout that really packs on some muscle - not to mention a host of other benefits - is to take Charles Stanley?s EDT method of training and apply it to ketllebells.

Perform 3 times a week, alternating the 2 workouts (Note: The rest between sets is up to you - I like to keep it between 30 sec to 90 sec. Rest 5 minutes between each PR zone)

Workout 1

1st PR Zone 15 min

A1: Double KB Floor Press x 5 reps

A2: Pullup w/ a KB hooked on each foot (Palms out - focus on lats) x 5 reps

Using a kettlebell you can lift about 10 times, perform the 2 exercises in an antagonistic fashion. Do as many reps as possible, then next time you perform the workout, make sure to increase you work load by performing more reps. Once you increase the reps by 20%, increase the difficulty of the exercise by either slowing it down, or by using a heavier kettlebell.

2nd PR Zone 15 min

B1: KB Front Squat x 5

B2: Double KB Snatch x 5

Using a kettlebell you can lift about 10 times, perform the 2 exercises in an antagonistic fashion. Do as many reps as possible, then next time you perform the workout, make sure to increase you work load by performing more reps. Once you increase the reps by 20%, increase the difficulty of the exercise by either slowing it down, or by using a heavier kettlebell.

Workout 2

1st PR Zone 15 min

A1: Double KB Clean and Press x 5

A2: Slow Chinup w/ a KB hooked on each foot (Palms in - focus on Biceps)

2nd PR Zone 15 min

B1: Turkish Get-Up using left arm x 5

B2: Turkish Get-Up using right arm x 5

Kettlebells can be uses to achieve strength, mass, flexibility, coordination, fat loss, endurance, and if you do exercises like snatches it will even increase you pain tolerance, which is a big plus for military, law enforcement, and people who participate in full- contact sports such a MMA. But to get the full benefits you need to make sure your performing the exercises correctly.

Kettlebells are great for many things, but not everything. For instance, if your goal is max strength, then your probably better off sticking to barbell power lifts. However the KB can be great supplemental exercises that will help you reach your max strength. Just ask the guys at Westside Barbell. But in comparison - if all around fitness is your goal with an emphasizes on a certain goal - for instance - strength & fat-loss, Kettlebells will get you there faster than anything, plus KB workouts are just plain fun. Kettlebells also have a very therapeutic effect on the body, and make it more injury resistant.

The advantages of Kettlebells is that you can take them almost anywhere. They can help you reach a variety of goals, and your workouts are always fun and enjoyable, however don?t mistake fun and enjoyable as easy. The only real disadvantage is the your working with a fixed weight, but anyone with an imagination can come up with a way to make the exercise harder and more challenging.

I train with kettlebells a lot, however I also use barbells for deadlifting and overhead pressing with max weights between 1-5 reps, otherwise I don?t see any need to train with anything else. In the past I?ve used everything from Benches to Machines, and in the end, I found myself getting injured from time to time, plus the workouts weren?t fun. Then I came across kettlebells and never looked back.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

i did it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Veeshmack; 08-27-2007 at 08:29 AM.
    **Canadian Crew**

eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eagles56 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good luck Veeshmack

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by eagles56 View Post
    good luck Veeshmack
    thanks
    i need more protein so i gotta enter, my dad only buys chocolate flavours and i need something different

either way, there are only 3 entries (assuming u entered via your mysterious ways ) so i gotta have a decent shot
    **Canadian Crew**

Originally Posted by Veeshmack View Post
    thanks
    i need more protein so i gotta enter, my dad only buys chocolate flavours and i need something different

either way, there are only 3 entries (assuming u entered via your mysterious ways ) so i gotta have a decent shot
    mix your choc flavour with other foods etc (ex. PB)