Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000)

half or power rack

whats the advatages of a power rack over a half rack like this?

http://www.samsonequipment.com/111MSSL.htm

it seams like i could do all the same exercises

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    safety.

that rack puts you on the open outside, which mean, there is still a change the bar could end up on your floor.

I wouldnt consider that a half rack, its a full rack, thats been shortened and rendered useless, then had long/wide supports hung off the outside.

I dont like it.

Other than that, it can do what the other designs can.
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ericmeister3000 View Post

Wow, that's the dumbest rack I've ever seen...a cage like form like a full rack that's alot less deep, with safety spotters on the outside...

I would like to call that a CRAP RACK!

ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A full power rack just provides an additional measure of safety over a "half" rack, THATS IT, but to say that the half rack you linked to is a "CRAP RACK!", or "its a full rack, thats been shortened and rendered useless" is just showing that they have NO EXPERIENCE in what they're commenting on. Those "long/wide supports hung off the outside." are for Olympic lifting, and are used on full racks also, as there's usually not enough room to train the "O" lifts within the confines of a rack. Hey, if you decide to buy a half rack, at least you wont be starting another "will I be able to do inclines off the rear posts of my rack" or "will my bench fit?" threads
    "Being isolated, like a strength training version of the Galapagos Islands, gave (Steve) Justa the freedom to experiment, without being tainted by conventional training dogma, and come out with his own unique theories - based on what worked for him"....Review of "Rock Iron Steel".... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9imkPHCtqwk

cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you ever do exercises such as suspended gm's or reverse band presses, you'll need a power rack.

aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaa55555 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cubbybear View Post
    If you ever do exercises such as suspended gm's or reverse band presses, you'll need a power rack.
    couldnt i hook up the band to the pull up bar?

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ScruffNeck View Post
    A full power rack just provides an additional measure of safety over a "half" rack, THATS IT, but to say that the half rack you linked to is a "CRAP RACK!", or "its a full rack, thats been shortened and rendered useless" is just showing that they have NO EXPERIENCE in what they're commenting on. Those "long/wide supports hung off the outside." are for Olympic lifting, and are used on full racks also, as there's usually not enough room to train the "O" lifts within the confines of a rack. Hey, if you decide to buy a half rack, at least you wont be starting another "will I be able to do inclines off the rear posts of my rack" or "will my bench fit?" threads

If you shorten the four corners of a rack, leaving it incapable of doing a nearly fail safe squat or bench movement, that is rendering the traditional rack and its use, useless. You could buy friggin independant stands to achieve the same effect as that design, Useless waste of steel, for what most bodybuilders are looking for. IMO of course.
    Last edited by need2eat; 08-20-2007 at 05:07 AM.
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"

ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScruffNeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by need2eat View Post
    If you shorten the four corners of a rack, leaving it incapable of doing a nearly fail safe squat or bench movement, that is rendering the traditional rack and its use, useless. You could buy friggin independant stands to achieve the same effect as that design, Useless waste of steel, for what most bodybuilders are looking for. IMO of course.
    I'm glad that you're not taking this personal , but it's VERY obvious that you've NEVER used one. I have the luxury of being able to train with all sorts of full and half racks, and never feel " incapable of doing a nearly fail safe squat or bench movement" when on a quality half rack.
    "Being isolated, like a strength training version of the Galapagos Islands, gave (Steve) Justa the freedom to experiment, without being tainted by conventional training dogma, and come out with his own unique theories - based on what worked for him"....Review of "Rock Iron Steel".... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9imkPHCtqwk

the spotting bar is about two feet long, dont you think thats long enough for a safe spot when im squatting?

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've got nothing against half racks here, but the half rack you posted is a waste of steel....it has the cage shape of a power rack but alot less deep and it is used like a half rack with spotters on the outside...

IMO, this is something you would see at a commercial gym and not at home...the reason they made it like this is so they could place all the weights adn as we know at the gym there are weight plates next to almost every bench, rack, smith or plate loaded machine...

I used something like this at the gym...except it was looked alot better and I think the one I used was also MUCH stronger...

If you are considering to buy this, I'd say DON'T go for it...it also looks more expensive than your traditonal power rack...and the half rack you posted is no smaller than a full rack (most guys wo buy half racks buy them due to a lack of space) you won't be saving much space with this...

Good luck, JM

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dude, listen to these guys. Don't waste your money on some bull**** half rack.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Dude, listen to these guys. Don't waste your money on some bull**** half rack.
    Yes listen to Skidmarx to, we actually have experience with equipment...we don't f*ck around when it comes to this lol...

So go get yourself a full rack with dip/chin handles and/or bar...And maybe a lat attachment and if you don't already have one, grab an FID bench

That's all you NEED...there's a difference between WANT and NEED...because we don't actually know what we WANT...When I first bought all of my equipment I bought a powertec power rack AND a powertec BENCH HALF RACK system...I was and IDIOT!

Now my friend is buying my half rack and bench system and I am getting a solid FID Bench...

I made mistakes in the past and now I'm making up for them....don't make the same mistake I made

valhallabound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Joey Mo View Post
    Yes listen to Skidmarx to, we actually have experience with equipment...we don't f*ck around when it comes to this lol...

So go get yourself a full rack with dip/chin handles and/or bar...And maybe a lat attachment and if you don't already have one, grab an FID bench

That's all you NEED...there's a difference between WANT and NEED...because we don't actually know what we WANT...When I first bought all of my equipment I bought a powertec power rack AND a powertec BENCH HALF RACK system...I was and IDIOT!

Now my friend is buying my half rack and bench system and I am getting a solid FID Bench...

I made mistakes in the past and now I'm making up for them....don't make the same mistake I made
    LOL...yea, take the advice of a 15 year old with "experience" who pays homage to a steroid abusing double murder (Chris Benoit) and several other "wrestlers" who died from steroid abuse in his sig.....you can't make this **** up! That is so funny I had to create an ID just to post here!

The 1/2 rack that was posted is a very high quality piece (it has 3x3 square tubing with 6 Gauge steel) and you should be able to perform any exercise with it just as safely as with full-rack. Quite frankly, I don't think some of the smaller full racks (like the Powertecs) are all that safe to begin with. They are too small and if you drop HEAVY weights while in one, they may not hit the floor, but they may very well still injure you because there is not enough room in the rack for you to move away from the weight after you lose control of it. From that standpoint, I'd rather have the 1/2 rack in that link than a small full rack.

I hope nobody gets offended , but when you get a few NOOBS giving equipment advice, I just have to LAUGH out LOUD. Some people should really consider getting some EXPERIENCE actually USING the equipment before attempting to counsel someone as if they know what they're talking about. I mean, at least "need2eat" stated "IMO of course ". Really guys, take my "advice" on this one, so you don't appear foolish (no offense).

fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have both a TuffStuff half cage with lat pulldown and 200lbs stack plus a York Barbell full cage. I got the half cage a few years ago and I love the versatility of it but was always leary of doing squats because I didn't feel it offered enough protection. It's true, I'm a wimp regarding squats. I found the full cage on craigslist a few weeks ago and it allows me to do squats with more assurance than the half cage and I can also do chins and pullups as well. It has the option of adding a high/low pulley as well as a weight stack but since I already have one it would be overkill. My advice is to find a nice full cage comes with, or can be added, a high/low pulley with weight stack. You'll be able to do lots more with a full cage than with a half cage and you'll be able to do some things with more safety. Also, the full cage allows me to have two barbells set up at once instead of one so there's less changing plates and more getting to business.

Oh, both take up pretty much the same amount of space in my garage and are the same height as well.

Originally Posted by valhallabound View Post
    LOL...yea, take the advice of a 15 year old with "experience" who pays homage to a steroid abusing double murder (Chris Benoit) and several other "wrestlers" who died from steroid abuse in his sig.....you can't make this **** up! That is so funny I had to create an ID just to post here!

The 1/2 rack that was posted is a very high quality piece (it has 3x3 square tubing with 6 Gauge steel) and you should be able to perform any exercise with it just as safely as with full-rack. Quite frankly, I don't think some of the smaller full racks (like the Powertecs) are all that safe to begin with. They are too small and if you drop HEAVY weights while in one, they may not hit the floor, but they may very well still injure you because there is not enough room in the rack for you to move away from the weight after you lose control of it. From that standpoint, I'd rather have the 1/2 rack in that link than a small full rack.
    Who the F*CK are you trying to show me up....yeah I'm 15 but for a guy who's 15 I know my ****...everything I posted is my opinion of course, sorry if I didn't write it this time, but 98 percent of my posts I do....

I pay tribute to Chris Benoit for his wrestling abilities and the man he was before all of this happened, nobody can take away who he was and what he did...The guy snapped, he was ill, sick, depressed, etc...I don't know for sure but I've also been researching this and according to many wrestlers he snapped...that of course is there opinion and also mines, think what you want!

As for the other wrestlers in my sig dying of steroid abuse....neither one died of steroid abuse...Owen fell from the ceiling, Eddie died of a Heat Attack due to years of drug abuse (steroids was one of them of course, but so was alcool and other rec. drugs) Brian Pillman died of a heart attack as well...this guy wasn't even on roids...he was on Pain Killers...this guy went through more pain in his life than any of us, from his surgery's as a child, to the car accident to wrestling while not completely recovered from injuries...the man suffered through alot

It's quite funny you actually made an account to post here...all you wanted to do was show up a 15 year old...shows you don't have much to do with your miserable life...and you have the balls to insult wrestlers who supposedly all died of Steroid Abuse...yeah your full of it...

I take no offense to anything you or ScruffNeck said about me posting as if I knew alot about that piece, because your right I don't...I was pretty sure I wrote imo..and imo there are better half racks out there, maybe not for quality or strength (again I don't know) but there's definetely something a little more space saving than this....again IMO

But when you have the audacity to take a shot at me for paying tribute to some of the finest wrestlers in the biz...that's when I get offended...

And you make it seem like people who take steroids are all bad people...I obviously don't take roids and I don't plan on taking any neither, but I don't think everyone who takes steroids is a loser freak...

And BTW, some of these guys practicly need roids...they travel all year long and work their asses off just to entertain people like us and of course pick up the paycheck....

If you think all these wrestlers in my sig are steroid pumping losers, your wrong...and I would really like to see you DO WHAT THEY DO for a year and see how you would turn out...you would have probobly killed everyone in the audience and then took your own life as well...jerk

Originally Posted by ScruffNeck View Post
    I hope nobody gets offended , but when you get a few NOOBS giving equipment advice, I just have to LAUGH out LOUD. Some people should really consider getting some EXPERIENCE actually USING the equipment before attempting to counsel someone as if they know what they're talking about. I mean, at least "need2eat" stated "IMO of course ". Really guys, take my "advice" on this one, so you don't appear foolish (no offense).
    Weren't you agreeing with me earlier...you said it was a crap rack yourself...I was clearly stating my opinon...so why must you try to offend me as well?

i had a bunch of stuff before, but now im starting to get my **** together. i sold a lot of my stuff and i want my setup to be - a nice rack, a homemade lifting platform, a couple bars, a load of weights, a nice fid bench, a pulldown machine, maybe some powerblocks and some other stuff.

i have the bars, about 1000 lbs or plates, and the pulldown machine. i want to get a rack off of craigslist but i havent found anybody selling a good one and ive been looking for a while.

i just found the samson rack and just wanted to know what you guys tough about it.

also, whats a good price for a elite power block set (5-90) and the powerblock bench with the dip attatchment?

Who the F*CK are you trying to show me up....yeah I'm 15 but for a guy who's 15 I know my ****...everything I posted is my opinion of course, sorry if I didn't write it this time, but 98 percent of my posts I do....

I pay tribute to Chris Benoit for his wrestling abilities and the man he was before all of this happened, nobody can take away who he was and what he did...The guy snapped, he was ill, sick, depressed, etc...I don't know for sure but I've also been researching this and according to many wrestlers he snapped...that of course is there opinion and also mines, think what you want!

As for the other wrestlers in my sig dying of steroid abuse....neither one died of steroid abuse...Owen fell from the ceiling, Eddie died of a Heat Attack due to years of drug abuse (steroids was one of them of course, but so was alcool and other rec. drugs) Brian Pillman died of a heart attack as well...this guy wasn't even on roids...he was on Pain Killers...this guy went through more pain in his life than any of us, from his surgery's as a child, to the car accident to wrestling while not completely recovered from injuries...the man suffered through alot

It's quite funny you actually made an account to post here...all you wanted to do was show up a 15 year old...shows you don't have much to do with your miserable life...and you have the balls to insult wrestlers who supposedly all died of Steroid Abuse...yeah your full of it...

I take no offense to anything you or ScruffNeck said about me posting as if I knew alot about that piece, because your right I don't...I was pretty sure I wrote imo..and imo there are better half racks out there, maybe not for quality or strength (again I don't know) but there's definetely something a little more space saving than this....again IMO

But when you have the audacity to take a shot at me for paying tribute to some of the finest wrestlers in the biz...that's when I get offended...

And you make it seem like people who take steroids are all bad people...I obviously don't take roids and I don't plan on taking any neither, but I don't think everyone who takes steroids is a loser freak...

And BTW, some of these guys practicly need roids...they travel all year long and work their asses off just to entertain people like us and of course pick up the paycheck....

If you think all these wrestlers in my sig are steroid pumping losers, your wrong...and I would really like to see you DO WHAT THEY DO for a year and see how you would turn out...you would have probobly killed everyone in the audience and then took your own life as well...jerk
    Don't worry one day you WILL grow up and be embarrassed about your worship of wrestlers....or maybe not. You'll be on the roids before you hit 20....probably 18, I can read it in your post....prove me wrong, I dare you....seriously.

Don't worry one day you WILL grow up and be embarrassed about your worship of wrestlers....or maybe not. You'll be on the roids before you hit 20....probably 18, I can read it in your post....prove me wrong, I dare you....seriously.
    Ok so it's settled, I'll give p/m you when on my 18th birthday saying that I'm steroid free lol

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i just found the samson rack and just wanted to know what you guys tough about it.
    I'd go for the Samson rack in a heart beat. That is professional grade stuff. Check out these links for pictures of some of the gyms that use their equipment and also a list of professional sports teams that do. Many of these gyms have that half rack in them. Hell they even have one of their machines in the White House (for what that's worth). A power cage does offer some benefits, but with a half rack with the quality of a Samson you really can't go wrong.

http://www.samsonequipment.com/facilities.htm

http://www.samsonequipment.com/Samsonteams.htm

Just my 2 cents.

Ok so it's settled, I'll give p/m you when on my 18th birthday saying that I'm steroid free lol
    Cool, and PM every 5 years after that I want to make sure you stay off them permanently..I dare ya.

Cool, and PM every 5 years after that I want to make sure you stay off them permanently..I dare ya.
    It's a deal...lol..again sorry about the last thread, I got out of hand..it's like telling a soccer hooligan his team sucks lol

whats a good price for power block elite (5-90) and a powerblock fid bench with a dip attatchment?

Weren't you agreeing with me earlier...you said it was a crap rack yourself...I was clearly stating my opinon...so why must you try to offend me as well?
    NO, I wasn't agreeing with you. Go back and read it again. When something is put in quotes "...." it means it was said by someone else, as in this case YOU. I also wasn't "trying to offend" you, just calling it like it is. Take some friendly advice.....REFRAIN from giving advice as to the worth of a particular piece, UNLESS you've actually used the piece of equipment in question, or at the very least, something similar, otherwise, your "advice" is nothing more than an UNFOUNDED OPINION, or just as bad, a PARROTED one http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parroted

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey you a-holes leave Joey alone, he's cool.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This forums gone down the toilet
    Last edited by Newbydubie; 08-20-2007 at 12:18 PM.
    "Now, when it's killing time, there ain't no better boy than your dumb white country Southerner. Those boys can shoot and got brains the size of fleas." - Jack Payne / from the book "Point of Impact" by Stephen Hunter.

i dont want to sound like a d-bag but can some one answer my question about the powerblocks?

i dont want to sound like a d-bag but can some one answer my question about the powerblocks?
    Where's BizzyDizzyIzzy when you need him??? I'd send him a PM, and also start a new thread on the powerblocks.

cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubbybear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    couldnt i hook up the band to the pull up bar?
    Possibly for reverse band presses. I didn't think about that at first but I'm not sure how well it would work because it might still be too close to the uprights. If it's too close to the rack the bands tend to pull towards the rack (above your head or neck) instead of just straight up like it's supposed to. Also because of the shape of the chin bar the bands would have to be positioned closer together (inside your hands) instead of out wider on the bar where they're usually set up. It would be less stable with the bands close together although some have done it that way.