Closed Thread
Page 253 of 340 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,590 of 10171
    I'll start lifting later. tential's Avatar
    tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adfinder23 View Post
    Thanks for the response.

Both, bored and harder. Maybe bored isn't the right word, but sometimes a little change puts some spark back into ya. And it turns out, I can rep my bodyweight (according to rep calculator), just never tried. I started at 120 and increased 10% every time (rounding down).

I'm not missing all the basics, as this program is filled with most. But chin-ups and regular Deadlifts are considered some of the most standard and important exercises.

I'm joining a gym to see if that helps too. Lost my workout partner and working out alone in my basement might be a part of my desire for change too. Essentially I'm just dealing with a lack of motivation. Not sure where to fix it and so I'm looking into either changing programs, joining a gym, or both. Not a direct solution, but wanted to try something.

Thanks for finding one of the links for me.

Thanks, I'll try to look for the other or maybe joining the gym will keep me on this one for a while longer. HST does look rather complicated with a lot of different exercises. That would definitely take me some time to set up with learning new exercises and finding starting weights. Think I'll avoid that one for now, though it does look interesting.
    I mean the program is stickied with 250+ pages because it is well rounded. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't a good program you wouldn't see it up here stickied. As for motivation well I stay motivated by making sure I post here. I know I'm really lazy when it comes to certain things but if I'm thinking about it all the time it makes it much easier to go to the gym and do the workout. Besides, its 3 hours of your week. If you don't have the time to go to the gym 3 hours a week then you obviously don't want to do this. That's what I tell myself and I'm starting my 4th cycle now and looking forward to being able to finally bench my body weight by the end of the school year.

You need to find something that no matter what though you think about it and it makes you want to succeed at this. I'd say think deeper on the reason you wanted to stick with this and you'll find that trigger that gets you up and going to the gym.

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tential View Post
    Good week 5 should be hard. Nothing worth getting is easy. Just remember, when you go into week 5 heavy day make sure you slept like a baby and are ready to go. Mindset as well as body is important if you go in there and don't think you can do it you won't do it. Thats why you start light so that you can complete a cycle or two and get the confidence and momentum. OHP is probably the hardest and I do it with dumbbells since I pretty much had no strength at all. OHP was my eye opener pretty much and made me realize I really do have to stick with this.

Week 5 is what makes the next week 1 seem much better. If you can do 12 reps of a weight then increasing it by 10% and dropping back to 8 will feel like a piece of cake. Just do the program as written for at least 3-4 cycles and you'll see it starts getting hard.
    Yeah, agreed on the mindset. Because of the winter break, I have been trying to get my sleep schedule in order for school while trying to lift some weights. Cant go 100% if you feel tired but good thing it was only OHP.

1. Just to clarify I still do 12 reps for medium and light for the rest of the week?
    2. Since my OHP is only 55 and I failed it on last week with only 4 reps left (12/12 8/12). What should be my heavy/ medium/ light. I was thinking H-50 M-50 L-45 ( I only have barbells, no dumbells)

Also sngo I realized that your squat went UP way high. Was 135 too easy for you so you raised it way more than 10%?

precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) precious12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

re

Originally Posted by Sngo View Post
    If you are struggled with 8 reps i highly recommend to drop the weight to where you feel more comfortable with 10 reps then keep it going till week 5. IMO first cycle is for you to identify your strong and weakness.
    Thanks again!

boconnor811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On 3rd cycle of this routine, and into third week (10 reps). Last week I got a terrible head/chest cold, so I took the week off. Where should I resume? Same weight and repeat the 10 reps as I did in the previous workout week, or should I try to move up to the 11 reps?

Another more general question, was that the correct decision to not workout when sick? My thought was to focus on getting well, and then pickup after feeling better...

I'll start lifting later. tential's Avatar
    tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on where you started boconnor and how you feel about completing the cycle. If you completed only the heavy day of the 3rd cycle and then took the rest of the week off then I'd say how was that heavy day? If you easily completed everything sure go to week 4 and week 5. I took a week off, did only 1 heavy day of my week 3 before resuming to week 4 and 5 normally over the winter break. Didn't have access to weights to complete my week 3 but I started light so there were very few exercises I had trouble with and you get back into the groove of things pretty quick as long as you don't take too much time off.

ADartillery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    A Simple beginner's Routine
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
    Stupid question, what do you do after week 5? add more reps or restart with more weight?

macaronicaesar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macaronicaesar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ADartillery View Post
    Stupid question, what do you do after week 5? add more reps or restart with more weight?
    Increase the weight by 10% and start over.

heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just finished my second All Pro workout today... I woke up with a little bit of soreness in my hamstrings (guessing from the SLDL obv) and stretched out upon waking and hit the gym around 3 hours later. Warmed up with 5 minutes on the exercise bike and then hit the weights... let's just say any soreness I had in my body was gone after this workout. It was still tough (I'd actually say a set or two were harder than the 'heavy day') till the finish and I can't wait till Thursday so I get to lift again. Lovin' it.

Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For some reason I decided to do weighted crunches after my 3rd week light workout and now my abs are still sore (day after), really afraid that I won't heal on time and might have to push the next heavy day 24 hours, but ah, I was wondering, how many sets for my ab workout? and how many times a week you suggest I do them? Thanks. : )

Oh, I tried searching but "ab" is kind of bad for searches ><

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lalalalakerss24 View Post
    Yeah, agreed on the mindset. Because of the winter break, I have been trying to get my sleep schedule in order for school while trying to lift some weights. Cant go 100% if you feel tired but good thing it was only OHP.

1. Just to clarify I still do 12 reps for medium and light for the rest of the week?
    2. Since my OHP is only 55 and I failed it on last week with only 4 reps left (12/12 8/12). What should be my heavy/ medium/ light. I was thinking H-50 M-50 L-45 ( I only have barbells, no dumbells)

Also sngo I realized that your squat went UP way high. Was 135 too easy for you so you raised it way more than 10%?
    On OHP you should lower the weight a bit but don't use the same weight on your Medium day... I made a big jump on cycle 5 which is 50lbs increase from 225 to 275.
    Steve H. Ngo
    Currently on 12 weeks bulking program.
    Starting at 165lbs with approx 12% BF.

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Goshtin View Post
    For some reason I decided to do weighted crunches after my 3rd week light workout and now my abs are still sore (day after), really afraid that I won't heal on time and might have to push the next heavy day 24 hours, but ah, I was wondering, how many sets for my ab workout? and how many times a week you suggest I do them? Thanks. : )

You can do 1 set of abs workout after each workout day or you can have an abs day along with cardio on your day off. Make sure you don't do more than 15 reps and make sure you give your abs a break.
    Steve H. Ngo
    Currently on 12 weeks bulking program.
    Starting at 165lbs with approx 12% BF.

Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goshtin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sngo View Post
    You can do 1 set of abs workout after each workout day or you can have an abs day along with cardio on your day off. Make sure you don't do more than 15 reps and make sure you give your abs a break.
    Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated. : )

GorillaShark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started this program on Saturday and have another question...

So I did the "heavy" workout on Saturday and the next one on Monday (yesterday) and tomorrow I should be doing the 3rd workout which is the lightest. The problem is I have a work function to go to after work and may not be able to go to the gym.

If I have to wait until Thursday to lift, should I do the 3rd workout (the light one) or go back to the heavy workout since 2 days have passed?

Thanks again for all the help.

heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GorillaShark View Post
    I started this program on Saturday and have another question...

So I did the "heavy" workout on Saturday and the next one on Monday (yesterday) and tomorrow I should be doing the 3rd workout which is the lightest. The problem is I have a work function to go to after work and may not be able to go to the gym.

If I have to wait until Thursday to lift, should I do the 3rd workout (the light one) or go back to the heavy workout since 2 days have passed?

Thanks again for all the help.
    Still do your 'light' workout. The routine doesn't say there has to be exactly one day between lifting, just that you are lifting on non-consecutive days... waiting till Thursday won't be a problem as far as I know. That will still give you the day of rest on Friday before performing your second 'heavy' workout of the cycle.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's accurate.

JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How's it goin AllPro. I just finished my first cycle and I am beginning my second cycle today. I am loving the program so far! So far, the only supplement I have used is protein. I would like to add creatine but I have a few questions first.

Would you recommend mono or a different type? maybe a specific brand?
    Do you prefer to take the creatine before or after the workout or at some other time?

I believe I remember seeing a while back that you prefer to just take 5 grams a day instead of doing the whole loading phase. (wanted to make sure I am remembering this correctly)

Thanks

maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm about halfway through my 3rd cycle and am definitely seeing some results. One thing that I was not expecting to see change..........my glutes!

I'm assuming it's either the squats or the SLDL, but something is really working my glutes. Am I going crazy, or is this entirely possible?
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

####Working on Madcow's 5x5####

Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Simple question: My workouts normally go MWF but I missed yesterday. Should I just go TThSa, giving me only one rest day before I start MWF again?
    I rep back

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by boconnor811 View Post
    On 3rd cycle of this routine, and into third week (10 reps). Last week I got a terrible head/chest cold, so I took the week off. Where should I resume? Same weight and repeat the 10 reps as I did in the previous workout week, or should I try to move up to the 11 reps?

Another more general question, was that the correct decision to not workout when sick? My thought was to focus on getting well, and then pickup after feeling better...
    Try the 4th week and see how it goes. If it's awful on work out 1 then take the rest of the week off and then repeat week 3.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Goshtin View Post

I would start with one set of each exercise trying to work each direction. Knees to chest, chest to knees and twist left to right. Keep the reps moderate between 10 and 20. Start simple......and don't skip your work out!

Originally Posted by JetLife21 View Post
    How's it goin AllPro. I just finished my first cycle and I am beginning my second cycle today. I am loving the program so far! So far, the only supplement I have used is protein. I would like to add creatine but I have a few questions first.

Would you recommend mono or a different type? maybe a specific brand?
    Do you prefer to take the creatine before or after the workout or at some other time?

I believe I remember seeing a while back that you prefer to just take 5 grams a day instead of doing the whole loading phase. (wanted to make sure I am remembering this correctly)

Thanks
    MetRX. I buy the BIG can, 1000 grams. You only need 5 grams per day so that should last you 200 days! You DO NOT need a loading faze. You'll just be flushing your money down the toilet. 5 grams a day for 30 days and your body will be loaded. It's a lot cheaper that way and a lot easier on your kidneys.

Originally Posted by maximusAF View Post
    I'm about halfway through my 3rd cycle and am definitely seeing some results. One thing that I was not expecting to see change..........my glutes!

I'm assuming it's either the squats or the SLDL, but something is really working my glutes. Am I going crazy, or is this entirely possible?
    Now you know why SQUATS are the king. When you add SLDL to them you get results!

Originally Posted by Erdos View Post
    Simple question: My workouts normally go MWF but I missed yesterday. Should I just go TThSa, giving me only one rest day before I start MWF again?
    That 'should' be alright. Make you sure you get enough sleep and enough food.

dholland1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So today was week 2 cycle 1. My body was not up to the challenge. On my 2nd set of Bench Press I only got to 8 then had to put the bar on the lower rack because I couldnt complete. On my second set of OH press I only got to seven. I completed my squats bet really had to push to get the last two reps in on the second set.

I am 23, 5'11, and 193 pounds. I have been losing between 1 and 2 pounds every week and I am eating at around 2200 calories a day. I tend to get about 100 grams of protein everyday. My sleep schedule is screwy because of work and I am pretty sure I am not getting enough zzzzzzz everyday. For example today I am only running on 5 and a half hours of sleep but tomorrow I may get ten. It varies quite a bit but I would like more rest.

I was really upset at the gym today because I my body couldnt keep up. My CNS felt overwhelmed by the end of the workout and now I am completely drained. What should I do?

Also I was moderately sick last week and I pushed through and worked out, is it possible my body is feeling a residual effect?

Down the weight 5%, keep at it and try to sleep more, ideas?

Thank You
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut
    2-1: 190.4 | 2-8: 189.0 | 2-15: xxx | 2-22: xxx | Month Total:
    3-1: xxx | 3-8: xxx | 3-15: xxx | 3-22: xxx | 3-29: xxx | Month Total:
    4-5: xxx | 4-12: xxx | 4-19: xxx | 4-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 5-3: xxx

November 2010: 206
    January 4 2011: 196.5 lbs.
    January 11 2011:194.2
    January 18: 193.6
    January 25: 191.9

remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dholland1 View Post
    So today was week 2 cycle 1. My body was not up to the challenge. On my 2nd set of Bench Press I only got to 8 then had to put the bar on the lower rack because I couldnt complete. On my second set of OH press I only got to seven. I completed my squats bet really had to push to get the last two reps in on the second set.

I am 23, 5'11, and 193 pounds. I have been losing between 1 and 2 pounds every week and I am eating at around 2200 calories a day. I tend to get about 100 grams of protein everyday. My sleep schedule is screwy because of work and I am pretty sure I am not getting enough zzzzzzz everyday. For example today I am only running on 5 and a half hours of sleep but tomorrow I may get ten. It varies quite a bit but I would like more rest.

I was really upset at the gym today because I my body couldnt keep up. My CNS felt overwhelmed by the end of the workout and now I am completely drained. What should I do?

Also I was moderately sick last week and I pushed through and worked out, is it possible my body is feeling a residual effect?

Thank You
    It seems to me you started too heavy. I would probably drop the weight by 5% like you said. Don't worry about starting too low, after a cycle or 2 even the "light" days are hard.

As far as the calories, I did a full cycle on around 2300 cals/day when I weighed about 215 and I was losing 1-2 lb per week (I did this workout w/ cardio on 3 days and 1 day off). I never had a problem making my lifts. I upped the cals for my second cycle and still lost about 0.5 lb/week, but I still got all my lifts. I'm not saying it wasn't hard, but I did them all. With all of this being said, I get between 7 and 8 hours of sleep pretty much every night, so I think sleep might be the other contributing factor.

Originally Posted by dholland1 View Post

Thank You
    Did you test each lift before starting the program? It sounds like you started WAAAAAAY to heavy.

JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JetLife21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MetRX. I buy the BIG can, 1000 grams. You only need 5 grams per day so that should last you 200 days! You DO NOT need a loading faze. You'll just be flushing your money down the toilet. 5 grams a day for 30 days and your body will be loaded. It's a lot cheaper that way and a lot easier on your kidneys.
    I see 5 different types of MetRX creatine.

Met-Rx CEE AKG
    Met Rx Hardcore
    Met Rx Amped
    Met Rx Xtreme Creatine Blast
    Met Rx Advanced Creatine Blast

dholland1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you test each lift before starting the program? It sounds like you started WAAAAAAY to heavy.
    I did, I plugged in my rep max's after two lifting sessions, I took seventy five percent of my calculated ORM. One thingis that I did my calculations for my overhead press based on should press with barbells so that may be contributing. I felt fine when I was testing the weights out but like I said last week I was sick and I lifted,it was tough but I pulled it off. Today I CNS just felt totally overloaded.
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut
    2-1: 190.4 | 2-8: 189.0 | 2-15: xxx | 2-22: xxx | Month Total:
    3-1: xxx | 3-8: xxx | 3-15: xxx | 3-22: xxx | 3-29: xxx | Month Total:
    4-5: xxx | 4-12: xxx | 4-19: xxx | 4-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 5-3: xxx

November 2010: 206
    January 4 2011: 196.5 lbs.
    January 11 2011:194.2
    January 18: 193.6
    January 25: 191.9

bernsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    all pro

i saw you said you had a slightly more advanced program for when this one becomes difficult to increase... do you have a link to it or something?

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bernsm View Post
    all pro

i saw you said you had a slightly more advanced program for when this one becomes difficult to increase... do you have a link to it or something?

AP can correct me if I'm wrong, but I copied this from some way back pages (I've been going through all of them as time allows!)

Well this entire thread is really for beginners and I've been trying to avoid getting into all of the various combinations, but.....
    If you reduce the rep range you'll have to add another set. Typically 3 sets is ideal when working single qualities anyway. I gave beginners a break by only giving them 2 sets to worry about. As a beginner 8-12 is a better rep range to use to split the difference between size and strength and 2 sets is tolerable. As time goes by I would have someone add 1 more set to squats, bench press and bent over rows AND reduce the rep range to 4-6. But I would also overhaul the entire program and reduce it to twice per week. I would also change the programming. I guess this is as good a place as any to 'rough out' a tougher next step program.
    Work out 1
    squats, bench press and bent over rows for a total of 4 sets.
    set 1 @ 25% of work set weight for 10 reps. Set 2 @ 50% of work set weight for 10 reps.
    set 3 @ 100% for 5 reps. set 4 add the weight of set 1 and set 2 together and do 10 reps with it. Any assistance work you do 1 set of 8 reps then reduce the weight by half and do 1 set of 20 reps. The assistance work can be ANYTHING that you think you need. I always include stiff leg dead lifts, shoulder press and curls.
    Work out 2
    Use the exact same weight that you used for work out 1 BUT do 3 sets of 5 instead of 1 set of 5 and don't do the 10 rep set. For the assistance work use the same weight and go for 12 reps. Anytime that you can complete all of the assigned reps add 10 pounds for the next week. It's a big jump but more on this in a moment. Continue to push it for 3 weeks. Week 4 is a deload week. On week 4 reduce the work set weight to 75% of what you've been using and do just 1 work set. No 10 rep set and no assistance work. To start the next cycle if you were failing to complete every set of a given exercise then you reduce the weight by 30 pounds for week 1 for work out 2 only. You should never be failing to complete the reps on work out 1. If you're an athlete then power cleans are the first exercise of every work out. I set them up with 4 sets. 25%/50%/75%/100% for 3 reps on work out 1, then use the same weight for work out 2 and push it for 5 reps.
    What I've just laid out is Soviet dual factor, mixed qualities training. It's confusing to read and that's why I've been avoiding writing it up.
    A quick example of the 3 core exercises.
    Work out 1
    50 pounds x 10, 100 pounds x 10, 200 pounds x 5, 150 pounds x 10
    Work out 2
    50 pounds x 10, 100 pounds x 10, 200 pounds x 5 x 3
    Deload week
    Work out 1
    50 pounds x 10, 100 pounds x 10, 150 pounds x 5
    Work out 2
    50 pounds x 10, 100 pounds x 10, 150 pounds x 5
    Well done is better than well said.

Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi, whats the best way to find out how many weights to use for the 1 rep max? Because ive never did weightlifting before and im affraid if i use too much weights i might hurt myself.

Thanks.