vai876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vai876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vai876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vai876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vai876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cutting advice: come one, come all

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me out a bit. I'm looking to start a cutting program but don't know really where to start. I've been lifting for the better part of 2 years now but it's all been bulking, I've never done a pure cutting routine. Since I started I've gone from 155lbs to 180lbs and haven't gone up an inch on my waist. I'm very proud of myself for that, but I'm still hovering around 9%-10% bf. So I figured I might as well start a strict cutting routine to drop some fat and show off the hard earned muscle I've attained over the past 2 years. But as I stated earlier, I've never done a cutting routine. So I was hoping you guys could give me some tips in terms of routines, exercises, rep ranges, # of sets per bodypart, cardio, and things like that. I already have a sound diet and supplementation plan. I want to work out 3 or 4 times a week with cardio done on my off days. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. Any and all advice is welcome.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by vai876
    Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me out a bit. I'm looking to start a cutting program but don't know really where to start. I've been lifting for the better part of 2 years now but it's all been bulking, I've never done a pure cutting routine. Since I started I've gone from 155lbs to 180lbs and haven't gone up an inch on my waist. I'm very proud of myself for that, but I'm still hovering around 9%-10% bf. So I figured I might as well start a strict cutting routine to drop some fat and show off the hard earned muscle I've attained over the past 2 years. But as I stated earlier, I've never done a cutting routine. So I was hoping you guys could give me some tips in terms of routines, exercises, rep ranges, # of sets per bodypart, cardio, and things like that. I already have a sound diet and supplementation plan. I want to work out 3 or 4 times a week with cardio done on my off days. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. Any and all advice is welcome.
    At 9-10% body fat, you should already be showing off a lot of that muscle... IMO, unless you're going Pro, there's little to no need to cut yourself below 7-8% body fat... Which is the typical bf% range where you're going to have a ripped looking 6 pack, horseshoe tris and good vascularity... Going below 7% body fat, is going to give you too much of a "Freak" look... To the regular people that you are trying to impress etc...

My guess is that whatever method you are using to measure your Body fat is off by a little ways, and you are over 9-10%.

As for general advice with Cutting... The body is a fluid thing, and we're all different... 3-4 days of cardio in a week for around 45 minutes a session should work... Lifting... Lift normal, just don't bother with any kind of hypertrophy routine...

Biggest thing is to not cut too hard... Start out at like -200 cal under maintence, and then reduce cals like 50-75 or 100, per week... And personally I find it bad to go lower than 500 cals under maintence...

The strain on your body sucks, and the immune system sufferes... Everytime in my life, when I have cut too hard, I've just simply gotten sick, and had to bring my cals back up to get better.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winger_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try circuit training. Do 1 min per excersice, full body, two days a week. Does as many reps as possible in that min, then switch tp another excersis. Try 8 excersise, once completed do 12-20min of cradio and repeat
    The Strong do what they must and the weak do what they can