Thread: Protein Intake

ou7blaze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Red face Protein Intake

Hey, I'm a new member so please go easy on me... :P

Anyway I'd like to ask a simple question, I have just very recently (last week) bought a protein shake called "100% Optimum Instantized Whey Protein" or something like that from a health store ...

I was just wondering how many servings I should take per week and day .

I know this depends on how many times I workout ... so

Most of the time it's twice or three times a week, mainly twice.

I workout on Sunday and Wednesday, sometimes Friday.

so basically should I take protein everyday or only on the days I workout and also should I take protein twice on days I workout? Like one cup or something in the morning and one after a workout?

Thanks ...

Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how many grams is in one serving?

for mine one serving is 40 grams and i have three servings in the day. works fine for me.
    "So what’s inside you? This is it. This is the time. There is only now. Tomorrow is a dream and a day away. Can you go after what you want? Yes, only if you are motivated. The real question is, are you? Or do you believe that tomorrow will come and bring the motivation with it? Yeah well while you are waiting for tomorrow, I will be doing heavy squats and deads today to turn pro while you are watching me do so on TV."

Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bodybuilder999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you only workout twice a week dont even buy a protein drink. you cannot build muscle working out twice a week. if you dont work out and take this protein drink your body will just turn it to fat.
    "So what’s inside you? This is it. This is the time. There is only now. Tomorrow is a dream and a day away. Can you go after what you want? Yes, only if you are motivated. The real question is, are you? Or do you believe that tomorrow will come and bring the motivation with it? Yeah well while you are waiting for tomorrow, I will be doing heavy squats and deads today to turn pro while you are watching me do so on TV."

ok so I will take your advice and workout three tiems a week from now one as I always wanted to but couldn't find time anyway ... so I have decided to do legs on Friday ...

Oh and also the protein contains 23g of protein in a scoop which weighs 29.4g...

R.E.S.P.E.C.T all ppl. alexanator's Avatar
    alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexanator is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

if you want to Bulk take 1.5-2grams per pound body weight.
    Whey Protein, Kre Alkalyn, Multi, SuperPump250

ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i take mine right after my workout... and maybe right before bed on workout days...and i tke 1 shake a day when im not working out...mine's 19g of protein per serving, so i take 2 scoops...

oh yeah **** I forgot to say my height and bodyweight .. obviously as you can see I do NOT need to bulk anymore lol

6'2, 97KG , 174 pounds roughly?

I guess I'll need to post a picture then ...

also to give you a rough idea of how I'm doing here are my stats for bicep curl on ez bar and benchpress (I hvae been stuck on a benchpress plateau for A ****ING YEAR, dont ask me how I just have no idea why... )

Preacher Curl : 95 pounds or 47.5kg total
    (1x 15kg 1x 2.5kg 1x1.25kg weight...)
    Barbell Benchpress : 120 pounds or 60KG total
    (1x 20kg each side)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ou7blaze; 02-21-2005 at 08:17 AM.

Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2gram per pound fo bodyweight for protein, and it should br a main stay no matter if your offseason training or doing a contest prep.

alsol does it matter if you put the scoop of protein in the cup without water or with water first...

coz my protein I dont think mixes very well it is a bit lumpy and ... it tastes crap ... like i can taste chocolate VERY VERY little ...

I have put the correct ammoutns and stirred it just as the tub says ... :S

Bump :S