elros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Major leg cramps from Creatine

I've been lifting for almost two years now, and I recently decided to try creatine because I had reached a plateau in my strength. I'm also very athletically active, I play soccer and racquetball all them time competitively.

Instead of loading I just took 5g of creatine monohydrate with grape juice twice a day. I drink water all the time, 1-2 gallons a day, so much that I have to take a piss every hour. After two weeks I'm noticing some gains in the gym, but the problem is when I play the sports.

Despite drinking so much water, and drinking water and poweraide during breaks, in my last racquetball game I got muscle cramps so bad in my calves and quads, that I couldn't compete, I was playing at 30% because my mobility had decreased so much from the muscle cramps. And I hadn't even started sweating that much either.

Does anyone know why I'm cramping so badly from taking creatine and how I can continue to take creatine without the cramps? And don't say drink more water, the bathroom has already become my second home. Should I get better quality creatine (I'm just taking the cheap gnc brand, don't laugh)? Thanks for any input.

5'10'', 175 lbs, 315 squat, 235 bench.

40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I'm no expert but,

I've experienced the cramping you are talking about from Creatine Mono. When I would do sprints or sometimes even a leg workout, I would cramp in my calves and hammies. I don't know for a fact if it was indeed the Mono, but ever since I've switched over to CEE, I haven't had these problems. In your case, I would definitely say it's the Mono causing your cramping. I'd say to switch over to Bulk CEE and give that a try. Also, whether on the field or in the gym, do a pretty good warmup before you activity or workout. That definitely helps wonders.

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cramping from creatine has to do with the inbalance of water and electrolytes so increase your electrolytes (potassium and sodium) whenever you increase water intake esspecially with creatine
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heat1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zachattack43
    cramping from creatine has to do with the inbalance of water and electrolytes so increase your electrolytes (potassium and sodium) whenever you increase water intake esspecially with creatine
    This guy knows his stuff, listen to him. I had the exact same problem when I would do large distance sprints: Bad cramping in my calf muscles and soreness in my shins. Do what he says, you will notice a huge difference in the cramping of your calves.

40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 40-yard dash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've heard of upping your K intake, but I thought a high sodium intake was a bad thing. Especially for athletes.

How would you suggest that inrease the electrolytes, potassium I can get from orange juice I guess, sodium is more diffiucult, pretzels? Also would you suggest switching types of creatine like the previous post suggested?

Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can get some pedialight (sp) also, eat some bananas, and are you taking a multi

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by elros
    How would you suggest that inrease the electrolytes, potassium I can get from orange juice I guess, sodium is more diffiucult, pretzels? Also would you suggest switching types of creatine like the previous post suggested?
    creatine ester ethyl would be good. To get electrolytes potassium try bananas, powder gatorade, potassium supplements. Sodium should be easy to increase
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

I take a gnc multi in the morning, I ate two packets of oatmeal an hour before the match, do you think that could have used up some water in my body? Sodium is easy to eat, but it is usually in bad foods. I eat extemely well during the day, 180 grams of protien, 2800 calories, vegetables, whole grains every day.

Right now I'm leaning toward trying a different creatine, but tonight I'm going to try eating my electrolytes before my match and during.

This actually isn't the first time I've tried creatine, twice before I've had the same problem, but I don't want to give up this time.

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

This be the answer.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bluehazard/

LG Psarm/Anadraulic State Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113518011

daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by elros
    I take a gnc multi in the morning, I ate two packets of oatmeal an hour before the match, do you think that could have used up some water in my body? Sodium is easy to eat, but it is usually in bad foods. I eat extemely well during the day, 180 grams of protien, 2800 calories, vegetables, whole grains every day.

Right now I'm leaning toward trying a different creatine, but tonight I'm going to try eating my electrolytes before my match and during.

This actually isn't the first time I've tried creatine, twice before I've had the same problem, but I don't want to give up this time.

Besides of what was mentioned up top add 2 grams of Taurine to the mix and you should be fine. Soccer players are more prone to cramps of this type in general. The creatine-ester might very well be a better alternative to regular creatine m

what is the difference between ester creatine and creatine monohydrate?