Eric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

flex magazine bs???

so in the new flex mag ronnie says to do really high reps and go heavy, so here's my question: for a guy who isnt on roids (not implying that ronnir is in anyway whatsoever... of course not )
    and im trying to bulk up, so what is the best rep range???

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ronnie mentioned in a previous issue that he uses high reps. But he is already devloped to such a high degree that he doesn't really need to pack on more mass; he is actually too heavy so he works more on shaping. Generally, high reps (more than 10 or 12) are not all that effective for building mass. They are good for shaping during your cutting phase.

Location: Laughing it up in the squat cage until closing time while you stare at me with hate.
    Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Eric
    so in the new flex mag ronnie says to do really high reps and go heavy, so here's my question: for a guy who isnt on roids (not implying that ronnir is in anyway whatsoever... of course not )
    and im trying to bulk up, so what is the best rep range???
    I'd say 12-15.

Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Apollo 13 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tim
    Ronnie mentioned in a previous issue that he uses high reps. But he is already devloped to such a high degree that he doesn't really need to pack on more mass; he is actually too heavy so he works more on shaping. Generally, high reps (more than 10 or 12) are not all that effective for building mass. They are good for shaping during your cutting phase.
    I like how you said "They are good for shaping during your cutting phase" and not the typical high reps get you cut BS.

AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AllKindsofSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i like the 6-12 rep range for hypertrophy, less than that emphasizes more on strength gains, and a higher range emphasizes more on endurance gains.

bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000)

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:dd::d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Originally Posted by Zane >>>> God
    I'd say 12-15.
    WHY ARE YOU PULLING THESE UP!!!!! : D: At least pull something up useful

Location: Laughing it up in the squat cage until closing time while you stare at me with hate.
    Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by bigboy15
    WHY ARE YOU PULLING THESE UP!!!!! : D: At least pull something up useful
    IDK.They seem interesting to me. Todays threads were zzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

panther911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

shaping a muscle with higher reps?

Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    there is only two ways any given muscle can change shape. That is an increase in size or a decreasing. There has been no substantial studies as of yet on high versus low rep count and which is better for size. And on the subject of cutting and definition. This is body building 101 and it dates back to the early 50s that diet and only diet will affect this area{and newer and better drug intake}.
    Last edited by panther911; 09-13-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling