Thread: calories

PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

calories

Let me start by saying i follow a low carb lifestyle as it is and will the rest of my life because I'm one of those who believes the science behind a controlled carbohydrate diet. I started at 410 and now am down to 240. My goal is 200. I did this all with low carb/keto diet and exercise. My question is how many of you actually count calories while cutting on keto?

Reason i all is because i find i don't have to most of the time. I have on and off with my fitness pal but strangely there's times that even if i eat in a surplus and exceed my maintenance level calories, as long as my carbs are low and my protein/fat is high i still lose weight.

So I'm just wondering if any of you actually count while citing and if so do you think it makes that big a difference on keto. I trend to just count carbs and not calories. I know everyone is different but just curious on your experience.

Also can someone explain to me the point of having a carb up day while on keto. I thought the while point of doing keto was to enter ketosis to burn fat. All those carbs wouldknock you out of it and put you back at the beginning the next day. Just curious of the purpose and does it really help you lose faster?

I think i heard some say it's better for gains in the gym but following a strict low carb approach as long as i have been i haven't noticed any difference in my workouts. I still havetons of energy and make gains with lifting like anyone else.

Thanks for your input/advice.

sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PsychoWriter View Post
    Let me start by saying i follow a low carb lifestyle as it is and will the rest of my life because I'm one of those who believes the science behind a controlled carbohydrate diet. I started at 410 and now am down to 240. My goal is 200. I did this all with low carb/keto diet and exercise. My question is how many of you actually count calories while cutting on keto?

Reason i all is because i find i don't have to most of the time. I have on and off with my fitness pal but strangely there's times that even if i eat in a surplus and exceed my maintenance level calories, as long as my carbs are low and my protein/fat is high i still lose weight.

So I'm just wondering if any of you actually count while citing and if so do you think it makes that big a difference on keto. I trend to just count carbs and not calories. I know everyone is different but just curious on your experience.

Also can someone explain to me the point of having a carb up day while on keto. I thought the while point of doing keto was to enter ketosis to burn fat. All those carbs wouldknock you out of it and put you back at the beginning the next day. Just curious of the purpose and does it really help you lose faster?

I think i heard some say it's better for gains in the gym but following a strict low carb approach as long as i have been i haven't noticed any difference in my workouts. I still havetons of energy and make gains with lifting like anyone else.

I've read so many nutritional facts labels that I could pretty accurately estimate how much I'm eating (macronutrient-wise) just by looking at it. That being said, I still count macronutrients and weigh food when it calls for it.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congratulations on your weight loss.

I don't often count calories, but occasionally I track what I consume in a day just to get a sense of it.

stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevencfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Congrats on your success...

The point of a carb up comes at lower bodyfat levels where you need to balance hormones and mental breaks while dieting.

Overweight individuals can diet for long periods with no issues but those 14% bodyfat or under might find it useful to incorporate refeed days.

Performance athletes might aim to carb up around a specific event (carb up weekly or every few weeks) to be at a peak state for that event.

My personal experience with carb up:

I started when my workouts became horrendous and I felt terrible. So instead of doing a full diet break, I did a carb up day to extend my dieting.
    Formerly lvsteven.
    Welcome to version 2.0 of my fitness lifestyle.

youtube.com/stevencfitness
    facebook.com/stevencampbellfitness
    stevencampbellfitness.com

weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My question is how many of you actually count calories while cutting on keto?

nowadays I only estimate my calorific intake, and occasionally I do a quick check on my last meal. This is simply to refresh the skill of estimating calories and also to correct calories through remaining meals of the day. After a while, calorie estimation is a built in on every aspiring body builder.

Carb ups are good in terms of speeding up, or rather, re-setting keto effect, which wears off after long periods of time. I schedule carb ups around family functions, just to be social enough and eat normal people's food. Big family, there is always someone's birthday or anniversary