Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein that doesn't have to be cooked?

what are some good sources of protein that don't require any cooking or preparation....right now the only good things I have are tuna and turkey cold cuts..any other suggestions? oh yeah, I don't like cottage cheese, I've tried to lol but it just won't happen so that's out

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by depo12 View Post
    what are some good sources of protein that don't require any cooking or preparation....right now the only good things I have are tuna and turkey cold cuts..any other suggestions? oh yeah, I don't like cottage cheese, I've tried to lol but it just won't happen so that's out
    Chicken, milk, eggs (if you like them raw), any kind of protein shake.
    The only time you'll ever see 'success' before 'work' is in the dictionary

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Bodybuilding is simple, not easy..

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile Cheese, nuts & nut butters . . .

Any kind of hard cheese is an excellent source of slow-digesting casein protein, which makes it a handy substitute if u don't like CC. Low-fat & fat free kinds r best.

Nuts & nut butters have a lot of protein & healthy monounsaturated fats.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I really would not recomend cold cuts. They contain a ton of perservatives and fillers. Also, they don't contain near as much protein as chicken or beef.
    I recomend cooking three or four days meals at a time and putting them in rubbermaid containers, so you can grab and go!
    "One Day Pro"

anyone else hungry?

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pjluvsae View Post
    I really would not recomend cold cuts. They contain a ton of perservatives and fillers. Also, they don't contain near as much protein as chicken or beef.
    I recomend cooking three or four days meals at a time and putting them in rubbermaid containers, so you can grab and go!
    Cold cuts (deli fresh) are actually quite good for you. Only reason people like you are scared of them is because they fear sodium.

Cold cuts are fine, they are a STAPLE in my diet.

kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skim milk is a good source of both casein and whey. Hard-boiled egg whites require only minimal preparation.

panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) panheadmike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I buy the tuna in the foil package, doesnt have any oil ect and is kind of like a tuna slab (lack of a better word). I go through about 3-4 of those a day between meals. Either alone or on a peice of whole weat. Hard boiled eggs as well, I boil a couple dozen on the weekend and thts done for the week. I used to buy turkey jerky allot but havent seen it lately so I'm guessing thats history.
    Last edited by panheadmike; 08-13-2007 at 06:59 AM.

Racist against humans Bill_Rizer's Avatar
    Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100) Bill_Rizer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by BabyBodybuilder View Post
    Chicken?

Whenever I want some easy protein I'll just have a protein supp mixed with milk.

NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Unsalted dry roasted peanuts. I keep a jar or two in my desk at work.

pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by xl Achilles lx View Post
    Cold cuts (deli fresh) are actually quite good for you. Only reason people like you are scared of them is because they fear sodium.

You are absolutly right!!! I should have specified, that i was speeking of pre-packaged junk, not quality deli meats! Thanks for the coreection.
    "One Day Pro"

anyone else hungry?

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    I munch on beef jerky. The bummer is the sodium content

abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10)

what kind do you buy??
    Working on a better me.

crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gets some "healthy" burrito wraps. The "santa fe" ones I have have about 11 g fiber, 9 g protein, and 6 grams carbs [digestable].

Since it is an incomplete protein, you must eat with beans/PB. Very easy and tastey way to get complete protein source.
    "Did you know that there is a nerve that connects the eyeball to the anus?
    It's called the Anal Optic Nerve and gives people a ****ty outlook on life."

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."

Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by crazymutha View Post
    Gets some "healthy" burrito wraps. The "santa fe" ones I have have about 11 g fiber, 9 g protein, and 6 grams carbs [digestable].

Since it is an incomplete protein, you must eat with beans/PB. Very easy and tastey way to get complete protein source.
    Where do you get these healthy buritos?
    "One Day Pro"

anyone else hungry?

steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    they are green and orange. pretty easy to find
    either by the cold cuts or by burrito stuff in the grocery store

zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you like cold cuts, have your deli worker cut a thick slab of meat for you, instead of thin slices. Then, you can just eat bodybuilder-sized chunks. Also, I know you don't want to cook, but the chunks work great in stir frying. Whole roasted chickens at the grocery store are good, too.
    jupeznor

crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)
    I get them from Costco/Sam's club. "Santa Fe Tortilla Company," is one of teh brands I buy...this brand has:

fat=3.5
    fiber=7
    carbs=6
    protein=8
    (my previous post was off)

Ronald Reagan

xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by crazymutha View Post
    I get them from Costco/Sam's club. "Santa Fe Tortilla Company," is one of teh brands I buy...this brand has:

fat=3.5
    fiber=7
    carbs=6
    protein=8
    (my previous post was off)
    My paps buys these Josephs low carb tortilla's.

Fat=1.5g
    Carbs=5g net
    Fiber=6g
    Protein=7

My paps buys these Josephs low carb tortilla's.

Fat=1.5g
    Carbs=5g net
    Fiber=6g
    Protein=7
    sounds good. there is another one called "Mission" they are lo-carb and I beleive are found in the refridgerated section.

Ronald Reagan

depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depo12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    chicken has to be cooked, for all the people who wrote chicken as an option...

and i thought turkey had the same P/C/F in 3oz as a chicken breast did ? why are you saying they don't have enough protein

jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jGvasa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cook up a ton of food on something like a Sunday (say 6 chicken breasts) and just store them in the fridge for the week. You won't have to cook them when you want to eat them, just heat em up. Do the same for other foods you commonly eat.

2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by depo12 View Post
    chicken has to be cooked, for all the people who wrote chicken as an option...

and i thought turkey had the same P/C/F in 3oz as a chicken breast did ? why are you saying they don't have enough protein
    I think they meant canned chicken
    Remember God in prosperity and He will remember you in adversity
    -Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Rule between them by that which Allah revealed to you, and do not follow their vain desires away from the truth (5:48)

How few are the Romans and how numerous are we? 'An army's strength lies not in numbers of men but in Allah's help, and its weakness lies in being forsaken by Allah.
    -Khalid ibn al-Walid

Islamic Alliance- Al-Aqsa Division

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2X-eed View Post
    I think they meant canned chicken
    Yeah.. lets go with that

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Expensive compared to cooking your own. I have tried it in a chicken salad before and it's not bad.

^ Back when I measured my food, I found out that (despite the label) there's only 1 serving (2oz) of actual meat in that kind of canned chicken. Same with tuna, says there's 2.5 servings, but there's only about 3oz of tuna in the cans I buy. Made me mad, it's such a rip off.

^ Back when I measured my food, I found out that (despite the label) there's only 1 serving (2oz) of actual meat in that kind of canned chicken. Same with tuna, says there's 2.5 servings, but there's only about 3oz of tuna in the cans I buy. Made me mad, it's such a rip off.
    Yeah, I found that out the hard way too. Pissed me off so much!

Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK, about cottage cheese...

You said you tried it but didn't say what you tried, but it is an excellent source of protein, so here are a few ideas.

Try various levels of fat. You can get it in fat-free, 1%, 2%, and full-fat. Probably start with the same percent as milk you like to drink. You can always drop to a lower fat version after you've developed a taste for it.

Some people like it plain, some sweet, some salty.

I like to add black pepper, garlic powder, and just a little more salt.

A friend of mine adds Splenda and cinnamon. I didn't like that.

Sometimes I'll add Splenda and a mixed fruit cup.

I tried mixing peanut butter with it a couple times. Not bad, but go easy on the peanut butter.

I used to hate cottage cheese, but now I love it. It's worth trying again to develop a taste for it.
    My workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=864556

My Journal, Fitness & Nutrition Info, Recipes
    http://wesmorrison.blogspot.com

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    milk
    canned tuna
    canned chicken
    hard boiled eggs are easy to make
    egg whites ( put into a blender)
    blend eggs raw
    whey protein
    turkey -- other deli meats i would stick away from

cheese -- more of a fat source but caesin protein

more of a fat source but still good amnt of protein
    almonds
    peanut butter

Sexy Chemical Engineer Ke422azn's Avatar
    Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BabyBodybuilder View Post
    LOL chicken. Sure if you like food poisoning.

Btw, dont give advice if you dont know anything.
    Me Picking Up Chicks (Subscribe if You Like!)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SquattinCassanova

Originally Posted by Ke422azn View Post
    LOL chicken. Sure if you like food poisoning.

Btw, dont give advice if you dont know anything.
    We've already established that he actually meant canned chicken. Anyone with common sense would have realized that. Next time read the responses in the thread before posting your smart ass replies and making yourself look like a fool.