Registered User foundthegoodlif's Avatar
    foundthegoodlif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Someone Please Answer/Smokeless Tobacco

does smokeless tobacco have any effect on fat loss or muscle growth? what effect does it really give? please give references/proof to where to find that information. thanks.

JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    gum disease
    The Autumn wind is a RAIDER

SERGIO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

its ok

who told you smoke interferes with muscles!!!!!!!!!
    i smoke cigerette after my workout and i feel good

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can't reference but I know that the release of adrenaline caused by nicotine causes the release of fat from adipose tissue, adrenaline attaches to the uhhhhmmmmm, wanna say beta 2 receptor but can't remember, at any rate is the same one that ephedra alkaloids attach to. That is because ephedra alkaloids are almost identical in structure to adrenaline.

AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    so does it stunt muscle growth at all? i'm bulking, how bad will it effect my gains?

Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I stoped chewing redman, i use nicorette now. I chew two 4mg peices at the same time once a day. It DRASTICALLY improved my vascularity as well as accelerated my fat loss. There was a study recently on the anabolic properties of nicotine. Just make sure you get a pharacutical grade form, not from tobacco. Tobacco causes cancers...nicorette doesnt.
    "TO GROW YOU MUST EAT LIKE A ****LIAN REFUGEE. EAT AS IF YOU WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER MEAL AGAIN. EAT UNTIL YOU THROW UP, THEN EAT MORE." - Hobbit_Boy

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok here is the facts I lost 3 teeth from this ****! now the gums are receding. This should be reason enough not to even start!!!!

Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah chew is bad...thats why i do my nicorette. :-) Get da buzz without the cancer.
    "TO GROW YOU MUST EAT LIKE A ****LIAN REFUGEE. EAT AS IF YOU WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER MEAL AGAIN. EAT UNTIL YOU THROW UP, THEN EAT MORE." - Hobbit_Boy

BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother BigBrother
    I dont beleive it affects muscle growth
    nicotene is a stimulant. Although the effects of nicotene are fast-acting and probably would have little effect on overall fat burning
    (stimulants affect the central nervous system and cause releases of epenephrine which is adrenaline; this in turns releases adipose tissue for energy)

I personally dip Copenhagen and have not noticed an affect on muscle. I have noticed I get winded quicker, though that may not be contributed to the tobacco.

ONE QUICK QUESTION: Nicorete gives you a buzz?????
    Oh Snap!

Yeah, i use the 4mg kind (the highest dosage) and take 2 of them at the same time. I used to ge a good buzz, but im tollerant now.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Hope ya all dont think less of me!

Being a good ol boy from ohio, I have fought the Copenhagen demon for a long time.

I quit for months, then go back. Hell I quit for a tear and half once.

Does it affect muscle gains? Who cares! Quit and keep trying to quit until you have it beat.
    Its not healthy.

The average person attempts to quit 6 times before beating it.

There is a website for support-www.quitsmokeless.org.
    Psalm 121

arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkitek03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitnessman View Post
    Being a good ol boy from ohio, I have fought the Copenhagen demon for a long time.

I quit for months, then go back. Hell I quit for a tear and half once.

Does it affect muscle gains? Who cares! Quit and keep trying to quit until you have it beat.
    Its not healthy.

The average person attempts to quit 6 times before beating it.

There is a website for support

Good for you! I'm living in Ohio right now and unfortunately dip grizzly. I need to get off this crap, but its hard when most of the people I associate with do it as well. Good thing though is most of them went home for the summer, fresh start!

I'll give the nicorrette a go, I even hear they have mint pouches that you can throw in just to have something in your lip to help quit.

Thanks for the advice.

dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500) dgoggil is not very helpful. (-500)
    first thing i do after a w/o, protein shake and a cig! hell, i even somke on my way into the gym. haven't noticed any muscle loss, only gains. no fat gains either.
    pain don't hurt.....pain is for the weak.....pain is for those who have not conquered themselves

gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Abstract

from Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise Oct 1998: Vol. 30 Issue 10. p.

Last line is probably the most important for you.

This study investigated the effects of smokeless tobacco on reaction time and strength in a group of Division III athletes. Athletes were tested for simple and choice reaction time, maximum voluntary force, and maximum rate of force generation of the knee extensors on a KinCom dynamometer at 250 degrees.s-1. Smokeless tobacco-using athletes (N = 20) were tested while both using and after abstaining from smokeless tobacco. Another group of athletes (N = 20) who did not use smokeless tobacco served as a control group. Simple and complex reaction times were not affected by smokeless tobacco use or abstention. In the simple reaction time test, maximum voluntary knee extensor force was higher in the smokeless tobacco-using group while abstaining. Maximum rate of force generation in the simple reaction time test was not statistically different between the conditions. In the choice reaction test, both strength parameters (maximum force and maximum rate of force generation) were higher in the user group while abstaining compared with the using condition. The strength parameter measurements in the control group were not statistically different from the tobacco-using group, while either using or abstaining. We conclude that smokeless tobacco use has no effect on reaction time but may detrimentally influence maximum voluntary force and maximum rate of force generation.
    Current Supps:
    MRM Cordyceps / Adam Now Multi / Universal Animal Cuts / Universal Storm

gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10) gypsykorea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As far as smoking goes this one should be a no brainer. I am aware that many weight lifters smoke, I also know a few good runners that smoke. However, besides the damage to lung tissue it reduces the ability for your red blood cells to carry oxygen to your muscle cells, which in turn can effect your quality of work-out. I am not saying you can't still get stronger obviously, but it definitely doesn't help any. I can say from experience as a runner that smokeless tobacco takes an edge off of my endurance training, but I get hooked on these damn deployments so I just suffer away. You should be able to find some articles pretty easily about smoking and how it causes your body to react, but smokeless tobacco information is a little harder to find which is why i posted the journal abstract. Can't download the whole study at these ****ty connection speeds out here, but that gives you the gist.
    Current Supps:
    MRM Cordyceps / Adam Now Multi / Universal Animal Cuts / Universal Storm

pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The late Iron Guru, Vince Gironda, warned about the effect nicotine has on blood vessels. He cautioned against nicotine due to fact that they constrict them.

Personally I just quit with the help of the gum, during the week, and I use a Ruyan when I go out on the weekends. It is a smokeless Electronic cig. Essentially it gives you vaporized nicotine and a natural smoke flavor. No actual smoke, you do get some "fake" smoke, no tar or any of the carcinogens/ toxic chems that are in tobacco.

Eventually I would like to be completely free of nicotine, but for the time being I really have no issues with my current program, especially considering the fact that I have han ZERO cravings.
    Approach life one productive day at a time and no goal is unattainable.

DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    smokeless tobacco, or any tobacco product for one, constricts your veins, capillaries, arteries, etc which is somewhat the opposite of what you are trying to do with bodybuilding/weight training (nutrient delivery to muscles). I used to use smokeless tobacco (Im in the Army) but since I stopped I feel more energy, have better feeling teeth, and health overall.

just my two cents since you said please respond

Superman871 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superman871 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superman871 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superman871 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I chew and have on and off for 4 years just something i use in moderation to keep me on the sane side. Lately i have been using the gym more and more instead of chewing
    "Don't be the nail, Don't be the hammer, Be the Beastly Barbarian swinging the hammer smashin' the nail!!"

PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Superman871 View Post
    I chew and have on and off for 4 years just something i use in moderation to keep me on the sane side. Lately i have been using the gym more and more instead of chewing
    i was gonna come in here as someone who's dipped for ~6 years but clearly you just wanted to share your cool story with the community bro

"Mind is everything"

Misc Golf Crew

"I lift sometimes" Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135413181

Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DCtrainer View Post
    smokeless tobacco, or any tobacco product for one, constricts your veins, capillaries, arteries, etc which is somewhat the opposite of what you are trying to do with bodybuilding/weight training (nutrient delivery to muscles). I used to use smokeless tobacco (Im in the Army) but since I stopped I feel more energy, have better feeling teeth, and health overall.

just my two cents since you said please respond
    This, and increased blood pressure, bad for your heart and kidneys! Former tobbacco user here, a cigg sure was great after sex or a workout though! Oh and my gains have increased since I quit.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!