Registered User NewBodyBuilder7's Avatar
    NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

6'2, 170 lbs, am I eating and working out right?

I'm new to body building. Freshman year in college, probably put on a few pounds since I've been here. I have a pretty lanky frame, and before college I was pretty skinny, maybe 160 or so at about 6'1-6'2. Now I'm 6'2 and about 175 (Friend had a thing that said I was 19% body fat, dont' know how accurate it is though cause the friend I workout with said I look nothign like that, and he said he knew his for sure and that thing made him 17 instead of 14). Even though the weight gain isn't really too noticeable, since I'm not really muscular at all, I know that it's fat that's making me that weight. No one can tell at all because the same people still like to tease my for being skinny and having small arms.

With my shirt off though I do feel a little bit bigger than usual, not in a good way of course though. I don't feel like I have the same flat stomach and the same flat chest I used to, but again, it really isn't noticeable to anyone but me.

Anyways, I just started going to the gym with one of my friends who is pretty built. He put me on the same workout as him, but of course with less weight. I'm a weakling for sure, as I have problems benching 90 lbs 12 times, lol. After the first workout we had, I was sore as all hell. The way he has us do it is we have a muscle group or two per day, we have about 3 excercies for that muscle group, reps of 12-10-8 and increasing slightly the weight on each new rep.

When I started with him he was on back but we did everything with just bars and weights pretty much so I felt everything in my control muscles, mostly in my arms because they are so weak and not used to holding any weight. I've been dealing with this extreme soreness for a good 3 days or so now, but I guess that's a good thing cause I know I got a good workout.

Well I'm kinda getting off topic now with the soreness. For nutriltion, I've been eating much better. No fattening foods whatsoever and focusing on the protein. Turkey sandwiches, Tuna fish, salad, peanutbutter sandwiches, more tuna fish, some chicken, etc.

I guess what I'm doing is really a workout to help build muscle mass. My real question is if I should focus on losing that little bit of extra weight I put on over the first semester, or will what I'm doing help get rid of that weight and tone up the muscle groups?

Thanks again for any help.

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do you offer cliffs notes on your posts?

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NewBodyBuilder7
    I'm new to body building. Freshman year in college, probably put on a few pounds since I've been here. I have a pretty lanky frame, and before college I was pretty skinny, maybe 160 or so at about 6'1-6'2. Now I'm 6'2 and about 175 (Friend had a thing that said I was 19% body fat, dont' know how accurate it is though cause the friend I workout with said I look nothign like that, and he said he knew his for sure and that thing made him 17 instead of 14). Even though the weight gain isn't really too noticeable, since I'm not really muscular at all, I know that it's fat that's making me that weight. No one can tell at all because the same people still like to tease my for being skinny and having small arms.

With my shirt off though I do feel a little bit bigger than usual, not in a good way of course though. I don't feel like I have the same flat stomach and the same flat chest I used to, but again, it really isn't noticeable to anyone but me.

Anyways, I just started going to the gym with one of my friends who is pretty built. He put me on the same workout as him, but of course with less weight. I'm a weakling for sure, as I have problems benching 90 lbs 12 times, lol. After the first workout we had, I was sore as all hell. The way he has us do it is we have a muscle group or two per day, we have about 3 excercies for that muscle group, reps of 12-10-8 and increasing slightly the weight on each new rep.

When I started with him he was on back but we did everything with just bars and weights pretty much so I felt everything in my control muscles, mostly in my arms because they are so weak and not used to holding any weight. I've been dealing with this extreme soreness for a good 3 days or so now, but I guess that's a good thing cause I know I got a good workout.

Well I'm kinda getting off topic now with the soreness. For nutriltion, I've been eating much better. No fattening foods whatsoever and focusing on the protein. Turkey sandwiches, Tuna fish, salad, peanutbutter sandwiches, more tuna fish, some chicken, etc.

I guess what I'm doing is really a workout to help build muscle mass. My real question is if I should focus on losing that little bit of extra weight I put on over the first semester, or will what I'm doing help get rid of that weight and tone up the muscle groups?

Thanks again for any help.
    at 6'2 and 175 yo shouldnt lose anymore weight
    you should work on getting up to 200 slowly, 175 is pretty skinny, trust me after you build some muscle all over, that fat will seem like a lot less on you.

Anatoliy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^^^hahaha....man..just eat right, and stick to a good training plan...the weights will help you burn the fat though, since as you build more muscle, your metabolism will increase and you'll burn more fat naturally...stick to the right foods, getting alot of protein, and you'll be fine. Hell, if you really want, do some cardio if you want....just not too much, if your trying to increase muscle mass. The workout sounds good, being as you just started, your sore as hell, but eventually it wont be so bad...so keep increasing the weight.

NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sure, here are the cliff notes:

6'2, 175 lbs, not defined, not muscular, just tall and I look pretty skinny but I know I have some extra fat in some places like my chest and lower stomach.

Working out now, eating just healthy foods with lots of protein. Doing a workout plan with my friend. Just focus on specific body parts daily, 3 sets, 12-10-8 reps of each.

Question is, should I just continue with the workout and eat right or foucs on losing that fat first? Again, 6'2, 175 and around 19% BF.

Originally Posted by NewBodyBuilder7
    Sure, here are the cliff notes:

6'2, 175 lbs, not defined, not muscular, just tall and I look pretty skinny but I know I have some extra fat in some places like my chest and lower stomach.

Working out now, eating just healthy foods with lots of protein. Doing a workout plan with my friend. Just focus on specific body parts daily, 3 sets, 12-10-8 reps of each.

Question is, should I just continue with the workout and eat right or foucs on losing that fat first? Again, 6'2, 175 and around 19% BF.
    im saying continue getting stronger and eating right, you cant be that fat at 175 and 6'2 lets see a pic.

I don't really think I'm really fat, but going from 160-175, not from working out, but just from eating **** at college (known as the Freshman 15), I don't feel the same way I used to. I'm sure though of course my perception of myself is slightly off as for most people it is.

I'll post a picture in a little bit because it's pitch black now and I'm not gonna turn on the light and wake up my roomate.

Unless anyone has a different idea, I guess what I'm going to do is just continue to eat right and work out as I am, no special plan to rid of this excess weight.

One more quick question. At 6'2, what would be a good weight? I don't really want to be jakked and huge to the point where I really have to constantly worry about keeping my body in tip top shape or else all my muscle will turn to fat, I just want more defined muscles, slightly larger, perferably bigger than my current 12' biceps or so, lol.

Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50) Culmination will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in my opinion
    1) atleast 5 meals a day
    2) supplements (creatine,glutamine,whey protein)
    3) get some good workout routines, this site has alot of them.

You want to be getting atleast 180g of protein a day at your weight. I think a good weight would be around 190 with a 7-9% bf.

GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BIGnaturalBROCK
    do you offer cliffs notes on your posts?
    lol
    Height: 5'10''
    Weight: 185
    BF: 10%
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 405
    Power Clean: 275

!!!GO USC TROJANS!!!
    **2004-2005 National Champs**
    !Going for the three-peat!