Page 1 of 207 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Best Overall Creatine Product?

If you had to pick just ONE creatine product, what would be the best one for the best results?

Please pick a product and include the brand. Give your reasons. The best answers will be displayed on the main Bodybuilding.com site for millions of people to see!

(Note: This is not a discussion about how or when to take creatine, if creatine works, or why some creatines do not work. Just list your absolute favorite creatine product and give your detailed reason.)

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    monohyrdate is the most effective proven creatine out
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SAN's v-12 Turbo

1. alittle to no water weight and I kept about 85% of the weight gained after I went off of it
    2. makes my veins JUMP OUT like crazy, great for vascularity
    3. gave me great strength increases, lifted more than I could ever imagine and kept the gains after I was off it
    4. the fruit punch tasted WONDERFUL, would drink it for fun
    5. inexpensive on bb.com compared to other places
    6. made me look fuller and I felt bigger in the mirror

musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I agree

No doubt, mono is the way to go.....everything else is just a sales gimmick!

ABB Creaforce yummy yummy in my tummy!!!!!!!1

out

emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50) emptypockets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you guys clearly didnt read his post. he said list your fav. product and reasons why, nothing else.

"Just list your absolute favorite creatine product and give your detailed reason"

WolfPack331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cell Mass by BSN. I generally don't like BSN's **** like N.O.Xplode or Nitrix, but cel mass did get me a lot stronger even though it is pricey. And both the punch and grape flavors taste awesome.

Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Micronized Creatine Monohydrate by AST Sports Science.

I've gotten nothing but positive feedback from this supplement. I felt stronger and can last longer between sets and reps than when I did without it. Monohydrate has been receiving positive feedback from a lot of other athletes as it has also worked for them so it's your best bet to try it out.

A 1000 Gram bottle of creatine could last me for months and it's well worth it. Being that it is from an establish company like AST, I had nothing to worry about.

RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just ordered some AST Micronized Creatine Mono, hoping it'll be my savior as just about all the controlled labs creatine products have given me headaches. Does anyone know which creatine product on the market is probably the least likely to cause headaches?

Registered User WorkThemWeights's Avatar
    WorkThemWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Healthy 'N Fit Creatine Mass 10,000

I am a hardgainer, so I need a weight gainer. This Creatine Mass 10,000 from Healthy 'N Fit is awesome for me because it is a weight gainer with 10 GRAMS of creatine monohydrate per serving plus 45 grams of whey protein. Kinda like an all in one, but the 10G of Creatine is what I really like about it, I don't have to buy a seperate Creatine product.

hardgainer421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

healthy n fit creatine mass

That stuff sounds good, but how does it taste?

Registered User WorkThemWeights's Avatar
    WorkThemWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine Mass 10,000

It actually tastes pretty good, I'm a chocolate lover so I love the chocolate, I haven't tried the Vanilla but I'm gonna get that one next time I order.

pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cee & kre-alkyln debunked

I have been using all of the CEE and Kre-Alklyn products and found this article on Muscle and Fitness forums. It dissapointed me. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Creatine ethyl ester rapidly degrades to creatinine in stomach acid

Child R1 and Tallon MJ2

1Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. 2University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, DrChild@CR-Technologies.net

Creatine ethyl ester (CEE) is a commercially available synthetic creatine that is now widely used in dietary supplements. It comprises of creatine with an ethyl group attached and this molecular configuration is reported to provide several advantages over creatine monohydrate (CM). The Medical Research Institute (CA, USA) claim that the CEE in their product (CE2) provides greater solubility in lipids, leading to improved absorption. Similarly San (San Corporation, CA, USA) claim that the CEE in their product (San CM2 Alpha) avoids the breakdown of creatine to creatinine in stomach acids. Ultimately it is claimed that CEE products provide greater absorption and efficacy than CM. To date, none of these claims have been evaluated by an independent, or university laboratory and no comparative data are available on CEE and CM.

This study assessed the availability of creatine from three commercial creatine products during degradation in acidic conditions similar to those that occur in the stomach. They comprised of two products containing CEE (San CM2 Alpha and CE2) and commercially available CM (Creapure?). An independent laboratory, using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), performed the analysis. Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37? 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes. Creatine availability was assessed by immediately assaying for free creatine, CEE and the creatine breakdown product creatinine, using HPLC (UV)

After 30 minutes incubation only 73% of the initial CEE present was available from CE2, while the amount of CEE available from San CM2 Alpha was even lower at only 62%. In contrast, more than 99% of the creatine remained available from the CM product. These reductions in CEE availability were accompanied by substantial creatinine formation, without the appearance of free creatine. After 120minutes incubation 72% of the CEE was available from CE2 with only 11% available from San CM2 Alpha, while more than 99% of the creatine remained available from CM.

CEE is claimed to provide several advantages over CM because of increased solubility and stability. In practice, the addition of the ethyl group to creatine actually reduces acid stability and accelerates its breakdown to creatinine. This substantially reduces creatine availability in its esterified form and as a consequence creatines such as San CM2 and CE2 are inferior to CM as a source of free creatine.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kre-alkalyn? supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates.

Tallon MJ1 and Child R2

1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. DrTallon@CR-Technologies.net

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn? (KA) a ?Buffered? creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM.

This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure?). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37? 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine.

In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.

RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDawgKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok so let me get this straight, "creatinine" is essentially the term used for when creatine (combining with your stomach acids) becomes a toxin in your system, correct? And when that toxin induces itself, this is when you start to experiece side effects.......? Is that assessment fairly accurate, or no?

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    creapure monohydrate
    Miscer

pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pittjoe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Overall Creatine Product?

Originally Posted by RawDawgKing View Post
    Ok so let me get this straight, "creatinine" is essentially the term used for when creatine (combining with your stomach acids) becomes a toxin in your system, correct? And when that toxin induces itself, this is when you start to experiece side effects.......? Is that assessment fairly accurate, or no?
    I believe that is correct, but I'm unsure of the side effects.

Resculpting the body ;) Pearson666's Avatar
    Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pearson666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Prolab Creatine Monohydrate

Cheap and effective.
    Don't die ;)

miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    creatine dont work

Registered User gountilfailure0's Avatar
    gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im liking the size on right now my core lifts are all going up and it taste great

You say something!? Colossal Spoons's Avatar
    Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pittjoe33 View Post

Creatine ethyl ester (CEE) is a commercially available synthetic creatine that is now widely used in dietary supplements. It comprises of creatine with an ethyl group attached and this molecular configuration is reported to provide several advantages over creatine monohydrate (CM). The Medical Research Institute (CA, USA) claim that the CEE in their product (CE2) provides greater solubility in lipids, leading to improved absorption. Similarly San (San Corporation, CA, USA) claim that the CEE in their product (San CM2 Alpha) avoids the breakdown of creatine to creatinine in stomach acids. Ultimately it is claimed that CEE products provide greater absorption and efficacy than CM. To date, none of these claims have been evaluated by an independent, or university laboratory and no comparative data are available on CEE and CM.
    That's my stuff

allarng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had very little luck with most creatines, except one. As much as I hate to admit it, MuscleTech's CellTech Hardcore worked really well for me. It's definetly pricey, but my bench was going up 5-10 lbs a week in the first three weeks. I can't say how well it works over a long period, or how much of the gains you keep when you get off, cuz I recently broke my humerus in 5 spots so my lifting is done for a while. But, when I'm healthy again I'll be back on it.

sparrowc2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Beverly Creatine select.

Beverly Creatine select. I really see improvment in my endurance and max reps. Abit on the exspencive side for creatine but worth it

Search and Destroy Killa Destroya's Avatar
    Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sizeon is the best overall.

Originally Posted by RawDawgKing View Post
    What is creatinine?

Creatinine is a chemical waste molecule that is generated from muscle metabolism. Creatinine is produced from creatine, a molecule of major importance for energy production in muscles. Approximately 2% of the body's creatine is converted to creatinine every day. Creatinine is transported through the bloodstream to the kidneys. The kidneys filter out most of the creatinine and dispose of it in the urine.

Why is it important to check blood creatinine levels?

The kidneys maintain the blood creatinine in a normal range. Creatinine has been found to be a fairly reliable indicator of kidney function. As the kidneys become impaired the creatinine level in the blood will rise. Abnormally high levels of creatinine thus warn of possible malfunction or failure of the kidneys, sometimes even before a patient reports any symptoms. It is for this reason that standard blood and urine tests routinely check the amount of creatinine in the blood.

GifDaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Size On BY Gaspari - Get a Great Pump and Definite Strength Increases, best creatine i have taken so far. Only Problem is its not easy on the wallet

Originally Posted by GifDaddy View Post
    Size On BY Gaspari - Get a Great Pump and Definite Strength Increases, best creatine i have taken so far. Only Problem is its not easy on the wallet
    Have you tried VPX NO Shotgun or BSN NO Xplode? If so, how does Gaspari compare? I'm asking because I'd like to try Sizeon and SuperPump 250. I've hear people say they spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Have you had any trouble with the taste or extended bathroom breaks?

mattftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    SizeOn lemon ice is good

GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanNexus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Vitargo CGL works good for me

d_cup316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use SizeOn and have had great results. My roomate has been using it for a cycle and once he stopped using his losses in size and weight were at a minimum. I haven't used a creatine product in years so I have nothing in the current market to compare it to. But, IMO it is a good product.

steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve009 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cellmass gets my approval

emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best creatine

Cell tech
    Bengal Tiger