Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000)

Help me pick a lat pulldown

Okay, I'm maxing out my cheapie lat pulldown attachment which is mounted to the garage wall. I'm thinking of one of the following options:

1. Deltech Fitness machine, $339.00 with shipping included:
    http://www.fitnessdestination.com/df906.htm

2. New York Barbells, $289.00 but shipping is $98.00:
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/8285.html

3. There is a place in a nearby town that sells used "heavy duty" units that were in a high school gym for $200-$300.00, but I haven't seen them yet and I can't go until Saturday.

4. I might also consider a stronger weight bench lat attachment that I'll mount to the wall like the current one.

Thoughts?
    Trump 2016!

Founder: "No Tattoos" Crew

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like you're reasonably strong if you're maxing it out? Why not just continue to use it for warmup purposes and then do regular pullups for your main lat exercise?

BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Check out the Lamar or Nautilus lat pull down machines. The Lamar especially. The Lamar comes standard with olympic plate load option, but you can upgrade it to a 400lb. selectorized stack as well. My Lamar lat add on attachment currently uses a 250lb. selectorized stack. The other big bonus with Lamar is the silky smooth action. You will not find smoother action anywhere else, including any local gym.

Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by C Man View Post
    Sounds like you're reasonably strong if you're maxing it out? Why not just continue to use it for warmup purposes and then do regular pullups for your main lat exercise?
    Well, it's a cheapie and the "recommended" max is 150 pounds. I also suspect that once you load about 120 or above, the pulleys themselves start giving their own resistance. The 150 pounds is probably a conservative figure to avoid lawsuits and it'll most likely hold more, but just in case....I don't want a cable snapping and plates falling.

But you're right, I need to at least try to start doing pullups.
    Trump 2016!

Originally Posted by BusyDizzyIzzy View Post
    Check out the Lamar or Nautilus lat pull down machines. The Lamar especially. The Lamar comes standard with olympic plate load option, but you can upgrade it to a 400lb. selectorized stack as well. My Lamar lat add on attachment currently uses a 250lb. selectorized stack. The other big bonus with Lamar is the silky smooth action. You will not find smoother action anywhere else, including any local gym.
    Thanks, but the Lamar sells for over $500.00. I'm looking to stay in the $250.00-$300.00 range.
    Trump 2016!

BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Ex-Terminator View Post
    Thanks, but the Lamar sells for over $500.00. I'm looking to stay in the $250.00-$300.00 range.
    Well, I would look for a lat pull down that uses a good quality dual rail slider assembly. The links you posted have lat machines that use the cheap cheesy square plastic-tube-thru-steel-support sliders, and they are TERRIBLE. You do get what you pay for. Personally I would look for something used if $500 is too much. BUt IMO saving up an extra $100-$150 would be worth your while in the long run.

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I would look for a lat pull down that uses a good quality dual rail slider assembly. The links you posted have lat machines that use the cheap cheesy square plastic-tube-thru-steel-support sliders, and they are TERRIBLE. You do get what you pay for. Personally I would look for something used if $500 is too much. BUt IMO saving up an extra $100-$150 would be worth your while in the long run.
    I agree with BDI here 100 percent, I haven't tried the lamar lat station, but people who owned the powertec lat said that was the best one until they tried lamar...

If lamar is too expensive, check out powertec...I found it really smooth, nothing bad to say about it...wish I would have bought that instead of my G@D D@MN Weider gym, lol....oh well...

Good luck

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2. New York Barbells, $289.00 but shipping is $98.00:
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/8285.html
    I have this one. Wife made me buy it.

I hate it. I think it's a POS, and I'd rather spend 2x that much and get something of quality.

sorry, but I gotta agree with BDI here. Save up for a few more months, or don't bother. Just do rack chins until you can do regular chins

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kethnaab View Post
    I have this one. Wife made me buy it.

I hate it. I think it's a POS, and I'd rather spend 2x that much and get something of quality.

sorry, but I gotta agree with BDI here. Save up for a few more months, or don't bother. Just do rack chins until you can do regular chins
    x2, when getting a lat station, you have to spend money, you want something with very smooth action or else it's a waste of cash

I made the mistake of cheaping out and buying one of those weider home gyms, luckily the action on this is pretty smooth for the quality, I grease up as much as I can and it pays off!

Thanks, guys. On Saturday, I'm going to check out the used unit for $325.00. It has the lat pulldown and a lower cable for cable rows. Since it was in a high school, it should be pretty decent quality as long as it hasn't been abused too much.
    Trump 2016!

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks, guys. On Saturday, I'm going to check out the used unit for $325.00. It has the lat pulldown and a lower cable for cable rows. Since it was in a high school, it should be pretty decent quality as long as it hasn't been abused too much.
    I picked up a used commercial grade lat/seated row on craigslist for $300.00. It doesn't look like much, but it works great. If you don't get the one that you will be looking at on saturday, I would be patient. Watch craigslist, or save some money for a new quality unit.

By the way..... I've posted this before some time back. Here's what I'm currently using. It came off of a cheap standard bench and I attached it to the garage wall.

Just so there's no confusion, this is NOT being supported by the wall. It stands on the floor, but the wooden block and chains keep it in place. This has worked beautifully, but I'm nearing the max recommended weight on it.
    Trump 2016!

srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

want to buy a lat pulldown from craigslist in the near future

Originally Posted by 1devil View Post
    I picked up a used commercial grade lat/seated row on craigslist for $300.00. It doesn't look like much, but it works great....
    I'd like to buy a nice lat pulldown in the near future so I can get rid of my bowflex. I'm probably going to go the craigslist route too. It seems if it's new for a good one for $500, I could aim for $300-ish on craigslist?

I'd like to know some key brands and terms to look out for in craigslists posts or in my e-mails with the seller. here are some that caught my eye within some posts on this thread:

..Nautilus lat pull down machines. The Lamar especially. The Lamar comes standard with olympic plate load option, but you can upgrade it to a 400lb. selectorized stack as well. My Lamar lat add on attachment currently uses a 250lb. selectorized stack. The other big bonus with Lamar is the silky smooth action. You will not find smoother action anywhere else, including any local gym.
    ... uses a good quality dual rail slider assembly. The links you posted have lat machines that use the cheap cheesy square plastic-tube-thru-steel-support sliders, and they are TERRIBLE....
    Originally Posted by Joey Mo View Post
    ....people who owned the powertec lat said that was the best one until they tried lamar...

If lamar is too expensive, check out powertec...I found it really smooth, nothing bad to say about it...wish I would have bought that instead of my G@D D@MN Weider gym, lol....oh well...

Laurel, MD (Baltimore/Washington DC area)

SoundEngineer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Northern Lights Pulldown?

Has anyone tried the Northern Lights Lat Pulldown? I have an opportunity to purchase one cheap as part of a package on Craigslist, and I was curious as to the quality. It appears to be the same one as shown in the link below.

http://www.fitnessdepotottawa.com/ne...ine_plate.html

Thanks.