Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: aspartame

Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

aspartame

ONES AND FOR ALL does aspartame make you sick? and how do you know if you lack that enzyme whats it called phylleninanananid something ****.?

aaaaand is any brand of whey protein good? do i get what i need?

because in europe we got different brands of protein then you guys have.
    Nekomon-
    there is a cold tear for every lie you do

whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Aspartame WILL NOT make you sick unless you are sensitive to Phenylalanine.

People who are sensitive generally get head aches when taking anything with aspartame in it. A blood test can tell you for certain if you are sensitive.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by whutevr
    Aspartame WILL NOT make you sick unless you are sensitive to Phenylalanine.

People who are sensitive generally get head aches when taking anything with aspartame in it. A blood test can tell you for certain if you are sensitive.

yes... but if you are young (under 10) and have this condition, consuming phenylalanine may actually cause mental retardation.

but if you are healthy it is perfectly fine... and don't listen to those doom and gloom websites about it; to make a long story short, they are idiots

Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have ingested tons of aspartame in my lifetime with no problems.
    Rep system sucks, we all agree, the only ones who really use it are idiots who think it makes a difference

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Cool

In terms of whey, check out these brands, available at the BB.com Cyberstore:

* PrimaForce Substance
    * Ergopharm GF-Pro
    * Syntrax Nectar
    * Dymatize Elite Whey
    * Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey
    I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said: "By the power of Greyskull, I have the power!" Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat, and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure

Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nekomon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    but we dont have those brands here atleast not in stores.. we DO have whey but will it be fine to take that eventough its not same brand
    Nekomon-

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whats your guys take on Sugar Twin sugar substitute the brown sugar kind? Good bad?
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it can.

i can't eat anything with aspartame in it without getting the runs.

Registered User rawcanadamuscle's Avatar
    rawcanadamuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcanadamuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You guys should look around there are studies starting to show up saying extended ( very long time) and abundant use of aspertame can lead/trigger to MS just the studies I have read

Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rawcanadamuscle
    You guys should look around there are studies starting to show up saying extended ( very long time) and abundant use of aspertame can lead/trigger to MS just the studies I have read
    Do you have any idea the amount of aspartame consumed by Americans? think about it, it is in alot of products, diet soda alone is a multi million dollar business.
    Rep system sucks, we all agree, the only ones who really use it are idiots who think it makes a difference

rawcanadamuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcanadamuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I realize this look around the studies are starting to pop up

thats what scares me money rule USA so enough said.. how can we trst anyone anymore?

i even heard protein powders are a waste of time? :s what?
    Nekomon-

For those of you who don't believe me check out this link

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

man i feel this is as stupid and controversial as "weed is not bad for you" debate.. i wish all these people not telling the truth died.. i am so confused i aint taking anything with aspartame till i am convinced .. naturally
    Nekomon-

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For those of you who don't believe me check out this link

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/
    not one peer reviewed journal on there. I already schooled you on this a while back. Shall I do it again?

why don't you cite these studies. AND I MEAN PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES... NOT AN ARTICLE WRITTEN BY SOME DOPE SMOKING HIPPIE SCHMUCK

Thumbs down

You didn't school me on anything why are you getting mad does it really mean anything don't be an idiot

You didn't school me on anything why are you getting mad does it really mean anything don't be an idiot
    very well then

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Med Pregl. 2003;56 Suppl 1:27-9. Related Articles, Links

[Controversies with aspartame]

[Article in Serbian]

Jankovic SM.

slobnera@eunet.yu

INTRODUCTION: Artificial sweeteners are nowadays inevitable food additives, since they provide necessary food diversity to people suffering from diabetes. Aspartame is the most frequently used artificial sweetener ever and its safety profile is much better than that of saccharin or cyclamate. It received marketing approval in 1973, but only 3 months later aspartame was withdrawn because of allegations based on improperly designed experimental studies dealing with its carcinogen effects on rodent brain. However, extensive studies using the same model did not confirm such suspicions, and aspartame received a second marketing approval. EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDIES: Almost two decades later an epidemiological study found a relationship between aspartame and an increased frequency of brain tumors in humans. However, this study included a short time span of observation, and it did not estimate actual intake of aspartame, which led to loss of validity. Later on no epidemiological studies found correlation between aspartame use and incidence of brain tumors in humans. Up to now the only safety concern about aspartame, which received valid scientific proofs, is pro-seizure action of its excessive intake. In patients with epilepsy, excessive intake of aspartame can decrease the threshold for seizures or prolong them once they appear. However, if the intake is not above the recommended level of 40 mg/kg b.w./day, aspartame is well tolerated even in this subpopulation. CONCLUSION: Based on detailed analysis of published studies on safety of aspartame, it should not be restricted, but used in recommended amounts.

40mg/kg means over 3g per day will be tolerated even by a person who has epilepsy. Now one liter of diet cola has only 560mg! That means you could have about 5 liters of diet soda and tolerate it well even if you were an epileptic patient! And healthy humans can tolerate more

and i continue

Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2002 Apr;35(2 Pt 2):S1-93. Related Articles, Links

Aspartame: review of safety.

Butchko HH, Stargel WW, Comer CP, Mayhew DA, Benninger C, Blackburn GL, de Sonneville LM, Geha RS, Hertelendy Z, Koestner A, Leon AS, Liepa GU, McMartin KE, Mendenhall CL, Munro IC, Novotny EJ, Renwick AG, Schiffman SS, Schomer DL, Shaywitz BA, Spiers PA, Tephly TR, Thomas JA, Trefz FK.

Medical and Scientific Affairs, The NutraSweet Company, Mt Prospect, Illinois 60056, USA. harriett.h.butchko@nutrasweet.com

Over 20 years have elapsed since aspartame was approved by regulatory agencies as a sweetener and flavor enhancer. The safety of aspartame and its metabolic constituents was established through extensive toxicology studies in laboratory animals, using much greater doses than people could possibly consume. Its safety was further confirmed through studies in several human subpopulations, including healthy infants, children, adolescents, and adults; obese individuals; diabetics; lactating women; and individuals heterozygous (PKUH) for the genetic disease phenylketonuria (PKU) who have a decreased ability to metabolize the essential amino acid, phenylalanine. Several scientific issues continued to be raised after approval, largely as a concern for theoretical toxicity from its metabolic components--the amino acids, aspartate and phenylalanine, and methanol--even though dietary exposure to these components is much greater than from aspartame. Nonetheless, additional research, including evaluations of possible associations between aspartame and headaches, seizures, behavior, cognition, and mood as well as allergic-type reactions and use by potentially sensitive subpopulations, has continued after approval. These findings are reviewed here. The safety testing of aspartame has gone well beyond that required to evaluate the safety of a food additive. When all the research on aspartame, including evaluations in both the premarketing and postmarketing periods, is examined as a whole, it is clear that aspartame is safe, and there are no unresolved questions regarding its safety under conditions of intended use.

FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10) FeelTheWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Aspartame is made of 3 components, 50% phenylalanine, 40% aspartic acid and 10% methanol (wood alcohol). In the body methanol breaks down into formaldehyde (embalming fluid) and formic acid.

Aspartame banned in Europe for children's products
    On the European Common Market, Aspartame is banned for all children's products. Why is this not the case in Canada and the U.S.? Because Monsanto - which owns the NutraSweet Company which manufactures Aspartame - pays off the FDA, the American Medical Association, The American Dietetic and Diabetic Associations, Congressmen and Senators and virtually anyone who gets in the way, and in other countries too. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation caught them red handed and aired a program where Monsanto was trying to bribe Canadian Doctors at Health Canada.

More on the Monsanto company: Monsanto is the world's largest manufacturer of poisons, not only of the citizens of the world but also of the environment. In 1995, Monsanto ranked 5th among US corporations in the EPA's Toxic Release Inventory, having discharged 37 million pounds of toxic chemicals into the air, land, water and underground.

Responsible for mass poisoning of the world. How Robert B. Shapiro, President and CEO of Monsanto and the other members of the board, many of whom call themselves "Doctors" can live with themselves, knowing what they and the company are responsible for is incomprehensible. The entire lot should be prosecuted for mass genocide. Their track record of plain lying, falsifying and concealing data, bribery of officials, and the list goes on, is truly astonishing.

To quote the Toronto Globe and Mail reporting on the outcome of a three year trial, "The evidence of Monsanto's executives at the trial portrayed a corporate culture where sales and profits were given a higher priority than the safety of products and its workers..... They just didn't care about the health and safety of their workers. Instead of trying to make things safer, they relied on intimidation and threatened layoffs to keep their employees working".

Aspartame contains 10% methanol
    NutraSweet (Aspartame) is composed of linkages of aspartic acid, phenylalanine and methanol. The aspartic acid acts as a neuroexcitatory agent. When NutraSweet is digested, it yields 10% methanol (wood alcohol). The wood alcohol (methanol) is widely distributed throughout the body including brain, muscle, fat and nervous tissue. It is then metabolized to FORMALDEHYDE which enters the cells and binds to the proteins and DNA (the genetic material).

Cytogenetic effects (changes in DNA) have been shown to result from FORMALDEHYDE exposure and DNA damage occurs from FORMALDEHYDE. The nature of the injury generally involves breaking and then creation of cross linking within the genetic material which alters the cells.

This finding has been confirmed numerous times and the DNA-protein-cross-links are believed to cause cancers in experimental animals. Changes in the genetic material is associated with cancer production in humans. The ability of Aspartame to cause cellular mutations has been shown through studies by Shephard, et al. There are increases in malignant brain tumors suggested to be associated with aspartame use. FORMALDEHYDE is a known stimulant for cancer and genetic damage in the cell.

THE FDA has admitted that only approximately 1% of people know how to, or do, file complaints with them. Under a recent Freedom of Information order the FDA admitted that aspartame accounted for over 75% of complaints filed. They claimed that over 8000 were filed, but they keep changing their bookkeeping to keep the numbers low. The fact that 8000 reports were received indicates that there must have been over 800,000 people adversely affected at the very least.

An average person's daily intake of methyl alcohol from natural sources averages less than 10 mg (1). Aspartame beverages contain 55 mg methanol per liter, and nearly double as much in some carbonated orange sodas. Persons ingesting 5 liters/day can therefore consume over 400 mg methanol. These facts are pertinent:

• Methyl alcohol is probably the first component of aspartame released within the small intestine, and is rapidly absorbed. Blood and methanol concentrations correlate with aspartame intake. "Abuse doses" (100 mg/kg or more) ingested by normal subjects significantly elevate blood methanol concentrations, remaining detectable for 8 or more hours (2).

• Humans are more vulnerable to the toxic effects of methanol than animals because several enzymes required for its metabolism have been lost during evolution and are not present in humans.

• The toxicity of methanol is enhanced by its slow rate of oxidation — only 1/7 that of ethyl alcohol — occurring mainly in the liver and kidneys. Even though the half life in human volunteers ingesting small amounts (1-5 ml) is about 3 hours, complete oxidation to carbon dioxide usually requires several days.

• The body attempts to detoxify methyl alcohol by oxidizing it to formaldehyde (a deadly neurotoxin and Class A carcinogen), and then to formate or formic acid within minutes. Formate and formaldehyde each may contribute to toxicity and nervous system/immune dysfunction through various mechanisms. One is the conjugation of formaldehyde with human serum albumin (F-HSA) to form a new antigenic determinant. Patients with multiple health complaints who had been exposed chronically to formaldehyde develop anti F-HSA antibodies and elevated Tal cells (antigen memory cells), consistent with sustained antigenic stimulation of the immune system (3).

Is Aspartame causing some of your health problems?
    There is a very simple way to ascertain whether or not this poisonous drug is causing your problem(s). Stop ALL intake of Aspartame (anything with Monsanto's NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, Benevia, NutraTaste) in it. READ LABELS. Have your pharmacist check all your medications, Aspartame is in many drugs. This poison is in over 9000 items including most Children's Vitamins, Children's Tylenol, Alka Seltzer, Toothpastes (my favorite source for quality toothpaste products which don't contain harmful ingredients can be found here), Metamucil etc.. Often it is only mentioned on the paper inside the carton.

Aspartame contains METHANOL, a serious metabolic poison. Your body converts it to formaldehyde (embalming fluid) and formic acid (ant sting poison) both of which attack your central nervous system and every organ of your body.

1. Monte WC. Aspartame: Methyl alcohol and the public health. J Appl Nutr 1984; 36:42-54.

2. Stegink ID, Filer LJ Jr. Aspartame: Physiology and Biochemistry. New York, Marcel Dekker, Inc. 1984.

3. Thrasher JF, Broughton A, Micevich P. Antibodies and immune profiles of individuals occupationally exposed to formaldehyde. Six case reports. Am J Indust M 1988; 14:479-488.

it is refreshing owning people early in the morning

Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2001 Dec;34(3):221-33. Related Articles, Links
    Click here to read
    Aspartame: scientific evaluation in the postmarketing period.

Butchko HH, Stargel WW.

Medical and Scientific Affairs, The NutraSweet Company, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056, USA.

Prior to marketing, the safety of the high-intensity sweetener aspartame for its intended uses as a sweetener and flavor enhancer was demonstrated by the results of over 100 scientific studies in animals and humans. In the postmarketing period, the safety of aspartame was further evaluated through extensive monitoring of intake, postmarketing surveillance of anecdotal reports of alleged health effects, and additional research to evaluate these anecdotal reports and other scientific issues. The results of the extensive intake evaluation in the United States, which was done over an 8-year period, and the results of studies done in other countries demonstrated intakes which were well below the acceptable daily intakes set by the FDA and regulatory bodies in other countries, as well as the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives. Evaluation of the anecdotal reports of adverse health effects, the first such system for a food additive, revealed that the reported effects were generally mild and also common in the general population and that there was no consistent or unique pattern of symptoms that could be causally linked to consumption of aspartame. Finally, the results of the extensive scientific research done to evaluate these allegations did not show a causal relationship between aspartame and adverse effects. Thus, the weight of scientific evidence confirms that, even in amounts many times what people typically consume, aspartame is safe for its intended uses as a sweetener and flavor enhancer.

hell, this study shows aspartame is safe even in people with phenylketonuria.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hum Genet. 1994 Apr;93(4):369-74. Related Articles, Links

Neuropsychological and biochemical investigations in heterozygotes for phenylketonuria during ingestion of high dose aspartame (a sweetener containing phenylalanine).

Trefz F, de Sonneville L, Matthis P, Benninger C, Lanz-Englert B, Bickel H.

Kreiskrankenhaus Reutlingen, Kinderklinik, Universitat Tubingen, Germany.

Aspartame, a high intensity sweetener, is used extensively worldwide in over 5,000 products. Upon ingestion, aspartame is completely metabolized to two amino acids and methanol (approximately 50% phenylalanine, 40% aspartic acid, and 10% methanol). The effects of aspartame on cognitive function, electroencephalograms (EEGs) and biochemical parameters were evaluated in 48 adult (21 men, 27 women) heterozygotes for phenylketonuria (PKUH), PKUH subjects whose carrier status had been proven by DNA analysis ingested aspartame (either 15 or 45 mg/kg/day) and placebo for 12 weeks on each treatment using a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. A computerized battery of neuropsychological tests was administered at baseline weeks -2 and -1, and during treatment at weeks 6, 12, 18, and 24. Samples for plasma amino acids and urinary organic acids were also collected during these visits. EEGs were evaluated by conventional and spectral analysis at baseline week -1 and treatment weeks 12 and 24. The results of the neuropsychological tests demonstrated that aspartame had no effect on cognitive function. Plasma phenylalanine significantly increased, within the normal range for PKUH, at 1 and 3 h following the morning dose of aspartame in the group receiving the 45 mg/kg per day dose only. There were no significant differences in the conventional or spectral EEG analyses, urinary organic acid concentrations, and adverse experiences when aspartame was compared with placebo. This study reaffirms the safety of aspartame in PKUH and refutes the speculation that aspartame affects cognitive performance, EEGs, and urinary organic acids.

HE'S ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arch Intern Med. 1989 Oct;149(10):2318-24. Related Articles, Links

Safety of long-term large doses of aspartame.

Leon AS, Hunninghake DB, Bell C, Rassin DK, Tephly TR.

Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.

Safety of long-term administration of 75 mg/kg of aspartame per day was evaluated with the use of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group design in 108 male and female volunteers aged 18 to 62 years. Subjects received either aspartame or placebo in capsule form three times daily for 24 weeks. No persistent changes over time were noted in either group in vital signs; body weight; results of standard laboratory tests; fasting blood levels of aspartame's constituent amino acids (aspartic acid and phenylalanine), other amino acids, and methanol; or blood formate levels and 24-hour urinary excretion of formate. There also were no statistically significant differences between groups in the number of subjects experiencing symptoms or in the number of symptoms per subject. These results further document the safety of the long-term consumption of aspartame at doses equivalent to the amount of aspartame in approximately 10 L of beverage per day.

GO LAYNE, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Am Fam Physician. 1989 Feb;39(2):201-6.
    Clinical safety of aspartame.

Yost DA.

University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson.

Aspartame is a synthetic sweetener commonly used in soft drinks and many foods. Even with high doses, the metabolites of this sweetener do not accumulate in toxic amounts. To date, no definite symptom complex has been connected with aspartame, and it is considered safe for use in all populations, including diabetics, phenylketonuric heterozygotes and pregnant women.

the thing is are these studies corrupt? because there is a megabillion industri and we all know what the usa is about.
    Nekomon-

*yawn*

Diabetes Care. 1989 Jan;12(1):67-74. Related Articles, Links

Aspartame metabolism in normal adults, phenylketonuric heterozygotes, and diabetic subjects.

Filer LJ Jr, Stegink LD.

Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242.

This study reviews clinical studies testing the effects of various doses of aspartame on blood levels of phenylalanine, aspartate, and methanol in normal subjects and known phenylketonuric heterozygotes. The effect of aspartame on the phenylalanine-to-large neutral amino acid ratio under various feeding situations is shown. The clinical studies of aspartame in diabetic subjects are limited to observations of its effects on blood levels of glucose, lipids, insulin, and glucagon. These studies clearly demonstrate the safety of this high-intensity sweetener for use by humans.

indentured servant velikimajmun's Avatar
    velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Nekomon
    the thing is are these studies corrupt? because there is a megabillion industri and we all know what the usa is about.

If you hadn't noticed half those articles weren't even done by American researchers.
    Avant Labs Rep

Sesalean the fat burning oil is now available

Originally Posted by Nekomon
    DUDE THESE ARE PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS. Is your brain corrupt lol? You have no idea how hard it is to get journal articles submitted. Hell one of the articles was done in serbia!

feelthewrath... unfortunately that's an article in some ****ty magazine or newspaper which is trying to SELL hype. I am citing actual science. come back and talk to me when you have some real ammo

oh and as far as methanol production... you get more methanol from a glass of tomato juice than from an aspartame dose

next myth please

Diabetes Care. 1985 Sep-Oct;8(5):415-7. Related Articles, Links

Aspartame use by persons with diabetes.

Nehrling JK, Kobe P, McLane MP, Olson RE, Kamath S, Horwitz DL.

Sixty-two subjects having either insulin-dependent or non-insulin-dependent diabetes completed a randomized, double-blind study comparing effects of aspartame or a placebo on blood glucose control. Twenty-nine subjects consumed 2.7 g aspartame per day for 18 wk, given as aspartame-containing capsules with meals, while 33 subjects took identical appearing placebo capsules. After 18 wk, no changes were seen in fasting or 2-h postprandial blood glucose levels or glycohemoglobin levels in either the aspartame- or placebo-treated groups. Adverse reactions were no more common in the group taking aspartame. We conclude that use of aspartame as a low-calorie sweetener does not adversely affect glycemic control of persons with diabetes.

Layne "bitch smacking pseudo scientists since 2001"

so your saying aspartame is not dangerous regardless of health? and pheninyline ****?

and could you anser me something while your at it^¨^ is whey protein useless if its not used pow`?
    Nekomon-