Thread: Marines

Lynton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Marines

hi all im not sure if this is in the rite section or not so im just gonna post it here any way? i have got my official date for joining the royal marines in the uk on 1st august 2002. i was just wandering if any had any ideas on how or wat i should do, to get fit for it. wat kind of workout should i do for it? thx peeps. lynton

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    FITNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----- IMPORTANT
    STRENGTH !
    STAMINA !

You will get all the workout in the world there, trust me .

Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/brent2.htm

You can follow about 2 months of this before August, that's not an amazing amount of time but following this for 2 months is a hell of a lot better than nothing!

Enjoy. I'm about to start week 5, already noticing improvements.

Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50) Th3 9a$ |\/|aN will become famous soon enough. (+50)

US army

well i just came back from 19 weeks of training last week, in the US army. its mostly endurance and body workouts, like squating with no weights, pushups and sit ups. when i was at training, the first week when you arrive from the airport, they put you in reception, where they process you into the training base, so that week is devoted to just paper work, but at the end of that week they gave us an assesment, we had to be able to do at least 15 pushups, 20 sit ups, and run 1 mile in 8:30 seconds. if we could not do at least one of these events, we were sent to FTC, fitness training company, it was 2 weeks of just training to get into shape, i would definitly work on your run, im sure you can bust out mad pushups and sit ups, but you need endurance, you should start now, oh yeah, our excersize was first thing in the morning, no food in our stomach. RUN!!!!!!!! i went to the gym 4x a week, but i barely passed the run i ran like 8:24 then

Lynton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thx alot guys

FlyboyUSMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Well I dont know about the Royal Marines but I leave for OCS for the US Marines. I do a crap load of pullups swim non stop for 45 minutes twice a week. I run 3-5 miles 4 times a week go on 10-15 mile hikes with a weighted pack on the weekend. And do a lot of abs. Than I lift heavy and hard three times a week so far It has done me well. I run high nineteen minute three mile do the maximum 100 crunches in two minutes and the maximum pullups 20. Train Train Train. Good luck. I was previously enlisted and like previously stated you do most of your excercise on an empty stomach so get use to that.

devdogg214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im also in the marines. all you need to do is make sure you run a lot and do lots of pullups and sit ups. those are the only things that you will be tested on

ahoodlum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I have mad respect for you Marines. Not only because of the honor of your work but also the fine physical specimens that 90% of Marines are. I have a friend (a girl nonetheless) who's goin to OCS 2 weeks and I'll be pullin for her the whole way.

But here's something interesting to think about...if you look at Navy Seals and Marines they are some ripped mofo's, right? Well, aren't most of their workouts sans weights? And don't they usually get 3 squares a day? I just thought it was interesting that they can get so built on such a contrarian bodybuilding regimen. Your thoughts?

devdogg214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its hard to get big when you are a marine. well for some of us it is anyways. like for all the marines like myself who are in the air wing we work ALL the time. at least 10 hours a day, but a 14 hour day insn't that uncommon. so it take a lot of dicapline and dedication to get in the gym everyday. and the 3 meals that they give us are good and rounded but like everyone else who works out 3 meals just isn't enough. so we go out and buy lots of other food. if your just getting started going to the gym the gym on base can be kind of intimidating for some peolpe cause most of us in there are big guys. i went home a couple weeks ago and went to the gym with a friend of mine and i couldn't believe the difference in how small the vast majority of the people in the gym where. but then again they arn't marine......