FlyboyUSMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Would HIT be good for me

OK first off I do not know exactly what hit is but it sounds like it is when you get all the body parts in one day. Is this correct? Also you only do it like twice three times a week, is this correct aswell. If this is the case it sounds good for me because I am training for Marine Corps OCS than flight school so I have to run a lot do alot of hikes with gear and pullups and sit-ups. So I think my usual workouts of 5 times a week is a little much especially because of all of the Marine training I do aswell. Does any of this make sense thanks. I know I will loose some of the muscle mass I have now but I want to minimize it.

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    HIT stands for high intensity training. Its basically a full body workout done 2-3 times a week depending on your recovery ability. You train the largest muscle groups first. All body parts are trained with 1-3 sets (total) to failure. You should concentrate on basic compound exercises: Benches, Rows, Chins, Squats, Deadlifts etc . . . and a few isolations like bicep curls, calf raises.

If you want more info go to cyberpump.com and downlaod the HIT FAQ
    neg reds on sight crew

The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: Would HIT be good for me

Originally posted by FlyboyUSMC
    OK first off I do not know exactly what hit is but it sounds like it is when you get all the body parts in one day. Is this correct? Also you only do it like twice three times a week, is this correct aswell. If this is the case it sounds good for me because I am training for Marine Corps OCS than flight school so I have to run a lot do alot of hikes with gear and pullups and sit-ups. So I think my usual workouts of 5 times a week is a little much especially because of all of the Marine training I do aswell. Does any of this make sense thanks. I know I will loose some of the muscle mass I have now but I want to minimize it.

It sounds like a HIT or some other abbreviated routine would suit you very well. Check out cyberpump.com and hardgainer.com

Right now, I'm making fantastic gains with 3 -25 minute workouts per week.

Monday
    Weighted dips x 3
    Parallel grip pullups x 2
    Incline bench press x 2
    Barbell Curls x 2

Wednesday
    Front squats x 3
    Leg press x 3
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts x 2
    Calf work x 3

Friday
    Overhead (Military) Press x 2
    Weighted chins (palms facing) x 3
    Incline dumbell press x 2
    Dumbell rows x 2
    Shrugs x 2

On other "cycles" I will incorporate the bent legged deadlift instead of the stiff leg deadlift.

I make size and strength gains every week. They're small, but very consistent gains. Over the long run, they add up to very good gains.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

FlyboyUSMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Ok sounds good guys, sounds like it will compliment what I am doing very well.