Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kim's journal

Starzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting...

Hi All,

I love reading the forums thought I should start a journal as I probably need a lot of advice!

I am 23 and have been going to the gym for the last three months. I love cardio and used to run alot only to get severe shin pain. I got the pain about 2 years ago and got all depressed (it got so bad it hurt to walk!), so I am just getting back into it again. I have different goals now! I want to gain some muscle mass (not affraid of this - bring it on!)And lower my bf% to around 18. Main goal is mass tho but I get confused about gaining mass while loosing fat? For the past three weeks I have been training with my boyfriend, just doing anything - no set routine or specific days for diff body parts. He goes back to school soon so I will train on my own - I need a routine. Much easier to do when I know what I need to do each day!

So I work full time and will train after work. I work in a call centre and sit down all day and its not fun! So gym will be my after work sanity!

I will work out a routine and post it tomorrow and go from there...

Food today:
    6:30am - 1c oates, 1 scoop protein powder and sprinkle sultanas
    10:50 - 1c brown rice and sml chicken breast
    12:30pm - sml sweet potato, tbl spoon each of spinach & cottage cheese
    3:00 - Protein shake with 250ml soy milk & water.
    5:30 - Handful mixed nuts.
    7:30 - Dinner will be tuna pouch and vegetables.

It hard to work out my meals during the day if my breaks at work arn't spread out enough and being in a call centre I can't take them when ever

I am 163cm - or 5'4 I think,
    and weigh 52Kg or which is 114pounds ?
    Anyhow...lets see how I go!

Kim

p.s Have tried to upload photos but after I hit upload says page cannot be displayed, so i will try tomorrow!
    Last edited by Starzy; 01-10-2005 at 01:37 AM.

Off I go to gym

Today was the first time working out in the gym on my own and it went well! YAY!!

I did Back and bicep:

Lat pull down 4x6
    seated cable row 4x6
    swiss ball back extension 4x12

Incline alternate db curl 4x6
    standing cable curl 4x6
    preacher curl 4x6

Food ok:
    6:30 1c oates, 1 scoop p powder, sprinkle sultanas, coffee
    10:50 1c broccoli, tbl spoon c cheese
    12:30 1c brown rice, chicken breast
    3:00 sweet potato, tbl spoon spinich & c cheese
    5:30 handful mixed nuts
    8:00 1cup yoghut, 1 scoop p powder, 1/4c mixed berries mixed into shake

Will be adding in some egg whites in the next few days when we get some eggs!

And photos uploaded..

Cardio tomorrrow.
    Attached Images

Today was a typical wednesday - over the week already! I have no idea why I ate the protein bar today, I wasn't hungry, just a case of it was in my draw I guess

Food:
    6:30 1c oates, sprinkle sultanas, coffee
    10:50 1c broccoli, 1/4 cup c cheese
    12:30 1c brown rice, tuna pouch, tbls salsa, 300ml diet pepsi - soft drink is my weakness
    3:00 sweet potato & 1/2 avocado, protein bar
    7:00 Protein pancakes.

Cardio
    20 min on the bike and not HIIT, havn't done cardio in a gym in a while and my throat got saw..weird!

Am going to get some flax seed oil tomorrow to.

x.

I am really tired today, am about to go to gym to do legs and shoulders:
    squats
    leg press
    lunges &
    shrugs
    front raises
    reverse flys

Food ok
    12:30 1cup brown rice & 1/4 cup baked beans
    3:00 1c yughurt, 1 scoop p powder 1/4 cup mixed berries
    4:00 protein bar (i have none in my draw now so i want eat anymore
    will have a shake after gym then some egg whites for dinner

I got some flax seed oil today also, any other supplements I should take? I take a mulit vitamin and evening primrose oil as well

Oh and I had 300ml diet coke at lunch. I am going ok with the diet. I havn't had cravings as such, I have so many weaknesses, the number one being lollies jelly babies, chico babies, strawberries and cream..mmmmm! But I have not given in and won't!

Well last night I didn't do the workout I wanted...but still all good. My boyfriend was working at the gym and he made me do the boxing class, there was only 3 people and they needed a 4th. So i did that and then some squats and leg presses afterwards.

Food all good today:
    6:30 my oats etc. with coffee
    10:50 1c broc. & 1/4c cottage cheese
    12:30 3egg white omlette with 1/2c brown rice
    3:00 shake w/ berries and 1c yoghurt
    5:301/2 cup of cottage cheese, was starving!
    7:00 not sure of dinner yet..tuna perhaps?

Feeling good, have had no cravings for sugar!!

x.

For dinner last night I actually had the pancakes. Last time I had them my boyfriend made them. I made one and it looked more like an omlette, so he took over for me..aww And I had one scotch with pepsi max also.

Today was supposed to do abs and cardio, but have been out house hunting...blah!

Food has been ok, just no set time. Pretty much what I have been eating during the week, oh and I had a can of coke! Eeek!

Last night my boyfriend ordered pizza, he doesn't eat the crust, I would have loved it but I was good !!

Workout

So this is my routine in full, I would love any suggestions!

Monday Chest & Tri
    incline db press
    incline db fly
    pushups

kickbacks
    rope pushdown
    lying db extension

Tues Back & Bicep
    Lat pull down
    seated cable row
    swiss ball back extension

Incline alternate db curl
    standing cable curl
    preacher curl

Wed Cardio
    20mins

Thurs legs & shoulders
    leg press
    squats
    lunges

shrugs
    front & side db raise
    Reverse fly

Friday - Rest

Saturday Cardio abs
    20mins
    Abs - not sure yet.

I am just not sure about shoulders and my saturday?

Do you get addicted to updating everything in your journal and checking for replies?

hmmm

Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    kim
    you look pretty good. working from a nice base from the single angle picture. would love to see one from front and one from side...just to get a better idea.
    your program overall looks pretty good. i dont see many ab exercises?? you should be working them 2-3 times each week.

*shoulders....Front Military Press, Front/Side/Rear Delt Raises.
    *Sat... Cardio and Ab routine would surfice.

best of luck.
    look forward to seeing more of your development.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Kim. I read your Journal and had some thoughts on what you are doing and your pictures:
    - the diet seems to be too low in calories. Do you know how many calories you are getting and how many grams of protein, carbs and fat? You will not be able to gain muscle mass if you are undereating and not also not getting enough protein, carbs and healthy fats?
    - in your pictures, you have very wide hips( which is genetically seen in many women), which since your upper body is not wide enough to counteract creates an obvious visual disproportion. Your legs are a good size, but not defined.
    -since it can be hard to fight genetics by trying to decrease by a large amount the size of your hips, the best way to bring your body into better proportion is to work hard on increasing the size and width of your upper body ( especially the back and shoulders), while also in your case maybe keeping your legs at the level of development you have now.
    -if you buy into this, then this is how I would revamp your routine:

1)add another upper back exercise to your routine such as pullups(assisted or unassisted) or bent over rows with a bar. Do this movement first when you are fresh, then go to pulldowns.
    2) add another pressing movement for the chest such as barbell bench press or db bench press.
    3) eliminate the kickbacks for tris. You need to build upper body strength and this is an "isolation" or "toning" movement that is not necessary right now. Do more sets of the pushdowns and lying extensions which will build more tricep strength, which will then help you on pushing movements for the chest and shoulders.
    4)you need to add more and better movements to the shoulders. Side raises are great, for these will add width to the shoulders. But I think you need to do dumbbell shoulder presses instead of front raises for the delts and also drop the rear delt flyes( another specialized movement which is not necessary right now for a relative beginner. The rear delts will get some stimulation on your back movements, so spend the energy here on something more productive overall) and add more sets to the shoulder presses and side laterals.
    5) Normally leg presses, squats and lunges are fine for the legs, but I wonder if they could cause the legs to become overdeveloped, especially if you do not increase your upper body width substantially. Some of the energy used here also could be better saved for the shoulders. Your legs are also getting some stimulation with the cardio. So I would for right now, I would limit the leg work to squats and lunges, with squats done at higher reps than the upper body.
    6) this is the least important point, but I would rather see a break between the chest/tri and back/bi workouts and not have cardio the day before legs. So think about this split instead: Mon: Chest/Tris, Tues Cardio, Wed Back/Bis
    Th or Fri Legs/Shoulders. ( would prefer Friday so you have a day between legs and back), Sat Light Cardio (because you did legs on Friday) and abs are fine.
    Last edited by egoatdoor; 01-15-2005 at 06:58 AM.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Kim! Happy Saturday! It is fun to keep a journal and yes, I check for replies in mine a lot. Especially, if I've asked a question or worked out and want props! LOL

12:30 1cup brown rice & 1/4 cup baked beans
    3:00 1c yughurt, 1 scoop p powder 1/4 cup mixed berries
    4:00 protein bar (i have none in my draw now so i want eat anymore
    will have a shake after gym then some egg whites for dinner

I agree with ego about your nutrition. You need to work on making sure you have protein with each meal. For example, meal 1 needs perhaps an egg, and perhaps about 4 egg whites to go along with the oatmeal. I don't know what a sultana is.

Meal 2 -- missing protein -- try 5 oz. chicken to go along with that.

Meal 3: I think I'd shoot for another serving of lean protein, plus brown rice and some green veggies.

Meal 4: That's fine -- just make sure the yogurt is natural and not high sugar

Meal 5: I wouldn't eat too many protein bars if I were you -- real food is better for you.

Meal 6: A shake after working out is great. Just make sure it has whey protein and healthy carbs.

The egg whites at night sound great. You might want to add some flaxseed oil to that.

Anyway, just some suggestions. I'm trying to add muscle right now before cutting for a contest and have been eating:

Nutrition Plan

Meal 1: 1 whole egg, 5 egg whites, 3/4 cup oatmeal (dry measure), 3oz. lean hamburger meat

Meal 2: 1.5 servings Optimum Whey (post workout with glutamine added -- I also take creatine immediately post workout), 5 strawberries, teaspoon Udos oil, 1/2 cup of oatmeal (dry measure)

Meal 3: 5oz chicken, turkey or white fish, .5 cup brown rice, salad with 2tbspns low cal dressing

Meal 4: 5 oz. chicken, 5 strawberries, teaspoon flaxseed oil

Meal 5: 5oz. lean beef, chicken, turkey or fish, 2 cups green beans, teaspoon flax

This comes to approximately 1,800 calories and is a 50/30/20 split.

Anyway, it's amazing to me how much I can eat, as I used to always keep my calories at 1,400 -- which was not enough. I'm going to check next week (as I'm PMSing right now, so it will be harder to tell) to see if I'm gaining on this. I don't think I am much, so I will be raising the calories to 2,000. I'm 5'4" also and weigh about 6lbs more than you witha bodyfat of 19% currently.
    Last edited by Hibiscus09; 01-15-2005 at 07:16 AM.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Talking

Thanks Ynnhoj, I will post some more pictures soon

Hi Ego, thanks for the comments. At the moment I have no idea how many calories I am eating the amount of fat, protein, carbs. I have a few goals for this week, last week was to come up with a eating, training plan and go from here. This week will be to process your reply Work out how much I am eating (and I did realise I am eating too little because I was hungry a lot!), so I have looked at the fit day thing, thats the easiest way to work it out? And my third goal is to save time and take my gym stuff to work with me so I can go straight there. I am working a horror shift this week, 9am - 5:50, ack! Its a pain because my work is about 40-50min drive depending on traffic so I dont have enough time to gym in the AM and I dont like to rush in the mornings.

I will look at the exercises you suggest, I'm still pretty new to this so I have to go and look at pictures to see what they are! My boyfriend is a personal trainer so I can ask him but then I am not learning anything and I am doing this for me, so the pictures it is! But I will ALWAYS ask him to show me how do do something first so I get the technique, so I guess thats why I chose some of the exercises I listed because I know them. One of the reasons I gave Friday as a rest day is because when work is over all I want to do is zone out and not have to think about too much. I deal with angry customers most of the time and I am over everything by the afternoon but I do see what your saying.

Hi Hibiscus...lets se how I go this week with upping my food! I will work out the ratio and try to make 1800 cals. I am sure I will have no probs doing that by taking on your suggestions and adding in more protein as well. I wont have protein bars, I had them in my draw at work for "just in case" i got hungry, I was a little hungry but could have waited, so no more of those I did amaze myself this week tho, I do have a sweet tooth but I didn't get any cravings. And with the whole pms thing, my body is a bit confused at the moment, I got the implant which gives you a steady stream of hormones rather then high low like the pill. The Doc said my periods might stop, and I haven't had one in about 6 weeks and my body is adjusting, its weird!!! Oh and a sultana is like a current?

Oh and one more thing, because I can't read the forums at work, I cut and paste them into a word document and email them to myself! So I have a few journals saved on my work computer, I am sure I will be asked to delete some stuff soon because they take up a lot of memory!

P.S bscrusher - if you read this I would welcome any of your suggestions aswell!

x.

So I have upped my food...will now concentrate on doing the calculations and working out exactly how many calories and proportions! And, I took my gym clothes to work with me, I am on a role here!

meal 1 - 1c oates with 45g protein powder, 2boiled egg whites, coffee
    meal2 - 1c broccoli, chicken thigh, palm size (will get exact weight from now on)
    meal 3- 1 cup brown rice, 85g tuna
    meal 4 palm size piece veal, 2 slices sweet potato
    meal 5 (PWO) 1 cup yoghurt, 1/4 cup mixed berries, 45g protein powder
    meal 6 - not sure

When you guys have oates and egg whites in the AM, do you put the egg whites in and just eat it like that, or is boiled ok ? I managed to boil them and not have any split!

Chest & Tri

Incline DB Press
    Incline DB Fly
    Pushups

Rope Pushdown
    Lying DB Extensions

Howdy,

So i get not to train bi the day after tri, I am so tired today and still hurting from yesterday so I will rest today. I think I have my days and body parts messed up so will re work that and go from there.

Food today:
    meal 1 - 1c oates with 45g protein powder, 2boiled egg whites, coffee
    meal2 - 1c broccoli, chicken thigh, palm size meal 3- 1 cup brown rice, 85g tuna
    meal 4 palm size piece veal, 2 slices sweet potato
    meal 5 pan cakes,

its a lot harder working out the cals, fat, protein, carbs etc then I thought. If only on the packets they listed it all in cups! Would make it soooo much easier!

Also, for any aussies out there, mix a little vegemite with cottage cheese...yummmmmie!

abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Kim, great to read your jounral. You and I have very similar stats and goals so Im looking forward to seeing your progress. Im aiming for around 1800 cals a day too.

About the egg whites, what I do is crack the eggs and beat the egg whites and mix them in with the oatmeal when I cook it. Sometimes I put in a whole egg too, plus some fruit for taste and cinnamon. Its really yummy and filling and saves time and energy as you dont have to cook the whites separately.

Give it a go, im sure youll like it.

Talking

Well I am feeling much better today and am ready for a good workout - even tho I am still a little sore from Monday.

Today I have eaten:
    Meal 1 - 1 cup oates, 45g p powder, 2 hard boiled egg whites, coffee
    Meal 2 - 1cup broc, chicken (i really enjoyed this meal today for some reason!!)
    Meal 3 - 1c brown rice, 85g tuna
    Meal 4 - Sweet potato, 1/4 c cottage cheese, 1 whole hard boiled egg
    Meal 5 - PWO - 1c yoghurt, 1/4 mixed berries, 45g protein powder
    Meal 6 - Not sure yet but will include an alcoholic drink! (I have tomorrow off work and today at work was horrible!!)

Thanks for your comments abbs. When I make my oates in the morning, I just add boiling water and let them sit for a minute, rather then cooking them in a pot, so I guess this wouldn't turn out too nice if I added the egg whites to this. I will post some proper photos soon, those earlier ones i took suck but I guess you have to have before shots!!

At gym I did back and bi's:
    Lat pull down
    seated cable row
    swiss ball back extension
    standing cable curl
    preacher curl

I increased some weights tonight which was great, and I felt a little hard core seeing those veins come out when I was doing the cable curl...ahhh yeah!

abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    have you got a microwave? thats how I cook up my oats and eggs etc, so easy and quick.

Glad you are enjoying your workouts. I cant wait to start back at the gym, I had a month off as I went home to NZ (i work in japan) so suspended my membership. I really feel lost and so bored without my workouts.

Enjoy your drink!

Today was rostered day off, which means chore day really. My car went in for a service and I went shopping and then lunch with my mum. Also my cheat day and because I am not at work in the air con I find it soo hard to eat in the heat, its horrible!

Meal 1 - 1c oates, 46g protein powder
    Meal 2 - Mango Smoothie
    Meal 3 Sushi & dumplings..yum
    Meal 4 Will try to eat something before I go to gym (i did, some sweet potato)
    Meal 5 PWO - Shake with yoghurt n berries

Will be doing legs and abs at gym.

Yes I do have a microwave - now I get it! I do find it hard eating eggs and oates in the morning. I know I should decrease to .5cup of oates and more egg whites, but we'll go through soo many eggs! I dont know what to do...grrr

Just got back from gym and really enjoyed my workout, I was feeling pretty crappy beforehand and could have easily stayed home to chill and watch tv, but I am so glad I didn't do that!
    Last edited by Starzy; 01-19-2005 at 11:58 PM.
    http://www.allaboutau.com

Tgif!

Today my legs are sore, I am so happy! I always worry that I wont get a good work when I train on my own, so I know I am pushing myself, which is great!

Food wise today has been crap, its 7pm and I am only eating meal 4, all thanks to "Fridige Friday" Because I didn't have my food labelled it got tossed in the bin - the joys of work!

Meal 1 - 1c oates, 46g protein powder
    Meal 2 - 1cup broc, chicken
    Meal 4 - Chicken breat, 1/2c cttage cheese and tea spoon salsa
    Meal 5, will try to have a protein shake before I go to bed!

I also had a drink tonight - I applied for a new job and I got it! YAY No more call centre work - for a few months anyhow. Its a project officer job working on implementing a new system, I am soooo thrilled! So I had to celebrate!

Tomorrow cardio and abs

What a weird day, I got up at 5 - on a saturday - eek! I just couldn't sleep so I jumped on the net and read the forums And I also noticed that a few more people are coming to my website (someting I am creating for american kids to learn about australia - a long work in progress), anyhow I checked yahooligans and it finally got listed there Y A Y!! I am so happy!

I am still sore from the leg work out on thursday, I was supposed to go to gym and do some cardio, that wasn't going to happen. So I took the dogs for slow easy long walk, it was nice! I am not going to write down what I eat on weekends, its basically the same as it is during the week, just at different times. If I have something naughty tho, I will mention it.

When I start to see even small changes in my body I get so excited and my out look changes and I just want to look in the mirror and flex , then sometimes when I'm training at gym...there are sooo many mirrors that I try to secretly look when I am lifting. Then the fat days come....BLAH!

Feeling ok for a Monday, mondays just suck, I dont like them at all! At least
    its only a short week because of the public holiday on Wednesday - HAPPY
    AUSTRLIA DAY!

Food all good:
    meal 1 - 1c oates, 45g protein powder, coffee
    meal 2 - 1c broccoli, 1 nectorine
    meal 3 - 1c brown rice, 85g tuna
    meal 4 - sweet potato & .5c cottage cheese
    meal 5 - (PWO) 1c yoghurt, 45 g protein powder, flax seed oil
    meal 6 - 4 egg white omlette with p butter - YUM-O!

Gym:
    Tri & Bi & Abs
    incline db curl 4 x 8-10
    standing cable curl 4 x 8-10
    preacher 4 x 8-10
    rope pushdown 4 x 8 x 10
    lying db extension 4 x 8 x 10

I am still trying to work out the calories , its harder then I thought and I
    dont like to spend so much time in front of the computer during the week at home
    - otherwise it feels like I am ALWAYS in front of the damn thing. It sucks that
    I can't read the forums at work - then it would be better...oh well!

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello from a felow Aussie! I'm in Sydney, you?

I am from Brisbane and its HOT!

Exclamation

I don't know what happened today. I wanted a chocolate bar so i got one. I didn't even have an argument with myself or make myself feel guilty - maybe that is a sign? Who knows, but I enjoyed it and I feel ok

So aside from that today's nutrition:
    meal 1 - 1c oates with 45g protein powder, coffee
    meal 2 - 1c broccoli & 1/2 avocado
    meal 3 - 1c brown rice & 85g tuna (this is my least favourite meal - blah!)
    meal4 - sweet potato & .5c cottage cheese
    meal 5 - PWO, shake with 1c yoghurt .5cmixed berries, 45g protein powder & flax seed oil
    meal 6 - tandoori chicken..mmmmm!

I did 20 mins on the bike - when you cut down your cadio you feel it in a big way!!!

Talking

I can feel today is going to be a great day! I slept in till 8am! Thats is so awesome for me Its a public holiday so no workies! Normally I still wake up at 5:30 when I dont need to get up...today I did wake up but suprisingly I drifted back to sleep....zzzZZZzz....

Does anyone else find it hard to eat when your not in your normal routine mind set? Its 4pm and I have only eaten three times..eek!

Meal 1 - coffee, 1c oates, 45g protein powder
    Meal 2 PWO - 1c yoghurt, 1/4c mixed berries, 45 g protein powder
    Meal 4 - Chicken
    Meal 5 - will try and squeeze something in before I got to bed!

Workout - Chest & Shoulders
    I worked out with my boyfriend and it was just us at the gym, I love training when no one else is there!

Pushups 3 x 10
    Incline Chest Press - 4 x 10
    Incline flys - 2 x 6
    Military Press 1x21, 2x15
    One arm cable front raise 4 x 8

More photos

Just because
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Starzy; 01-26-2005 at 12:50 PM.

*Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *Destiny* will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Wow Starzy, your abs are looking tight!!! Nice work.

Your back is looking good too!

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Starzy
    Does anyone else find it hard to eat when your not in your normal routine mind set? Its 4pm and I have only eaten three times..eek!

Meal 1 - coffee, 1c oates, 45g protein powder
    Meal 2 PWO - 1c yoghurt, 1/4c mixed berries, 45 g protein powder
    Meal 4 - Chicken
    Meal 5 - will try and squeeze something in before I got to bed!

Workout - Chest & Shoulders
    I worked out with my boyfriend and it was just us at the gym, I love training when no one else is there!

Pushups 3 x 10
    Incline Chest Press - 4 x 10
    Incline flys - 2 x 6
    Military Press 1x21, 2x15
    One arm cable front raise 4 x 8
    DIET
    Add something with that chicken
    Add 1 or 2 meals in there! what time do you get up? Do you eat every 3 hours? Not enough food.
    You need more good fats in your diet like salmon, flax seed oil or ground flax seeds, fish oil, walnuts, natural peanut butter, almonds etc..
    Maybe before bed had some cottage cheese with walnuts? Protein + good fats to slow down digestion and last you until morning.

WORKOUT
    Incline chest press
    Incline flyes
    Pushups

I would replace the pushups with pullovers. I don't find that there is much benefit in doing those, maybe add them in sometimes for a shock but it's mostly for endurance.

Military press
    1 arm cable front raises

I would definetly add side laterals. They are a must for shoulder width. You could also alternate from week to week by doing front raise 1 week and rear raises the next. Because you already work your front shoulders with chest and back shoulders with back.
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

Thanks Destiny! I was having a down day and just want to post some pics to see where I am going...i think! All good!

Yesterday's Diet:
    meal 1 - 1c oates with 45g protein powder, coffee
    meal 2 - 1c broccoli & 1/2 avocado
    meal 3 - 1c brown rice & 85g tuna meal4 - sweet potato & .5c cottage cheese
    meal 5 - PWO, shake with 1c yoghurt, 1 mango, 45g protein powder & flax seed oil
    meal 6 - tandoori chicken

Workout - legs
    Squats 4 x 10
    Leg press 4 x 6
    standing lunges 4 x 8

I am working on adding more calories Helene, I find it harder to stick to actual eating times when I am not at work. I normally get up between 5:30 & 6am. My first meal is around 7 (i try to eat as late as possible before leaving for work), I can't eat when I want at work, only on my break times which change from week to week (love call centres - not!). I do eat three times when at work tho. And I will try adding in some of your suggestions, thanks!!