Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paki123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

what are the average stats of a Varsity Wide Reciever?

Lifts and speed.

RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50) RenegadeRB will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow

just get as strong as u can and as fast as u can their are no set goals just try and get as strong as you can and as fast as you can.

sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sprasad03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If ur fast, that makes up for ur strength, if ur not fast, u better be strong and somewhat fast.

but most importantly good hands.

but i say most can prob bench 225 and up, squat 300+, but this rly depends on ur school size and how competitive it is. hang clean 200+.
    "God only saves those, who save themselves"

Believe. Accomplish. OneChance

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by paki123 View Post
    Lifts and speed.
    there are no averages, and dont even bother looking at them, they mean nothing. everyone is different, it doesnt determine how great of a player you are. the one and ONLY thing that determines how great of a player you are is what you do on the FIELD, thats it. so just go out there and play, forget about the guy next too you, if you worry about people around you and all that crap, you will fail. just give it your best and never give up.

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    there are no averages, and dont even bother looking at them, they mean nothing. everyone is different, it doesnt determine how great of a player you are. the one and ONLY thing that determines how great of a player you are is what you do on the FIELD, thats it. so just go out there and play, forget about the guy next too you, if you worry about people around you and all that crap, you will fail. just give it your best and never give up.
    Good post.

This is what average stats are to me:

Receivers/D' Backs Speed=Fast, Size=Small, Strength=Weak
    Linebackers/Runningbacks Speed=Medium, Size=Medium, Strength=Medium
    Linemen Speed=slow, Size=big, strength=Strong

Of course try to be that freak player.Be the linemen thats as fast as the recievers or the receivers thats as strong as the linemen. skys the limit

dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dcs080 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There are different types of WRs; possession, speed, even blocking...

work on being a good football player before you work on knowing what you would want to lift in order to become one...
    Bulking is fun

WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look I will give you this, there are no set average but it is good for you to get a number for physical reasons to compare, and better yourself... I did the same I compared myself physically to some of the top guys in my state and it made me a better player...

for a wide receiver if you plan on getting heavily recruited I would say aim for something along the lines of

Weight-170-210
    Bench-210 or better
    Squat-335 or better
    40- 4.65 or lower
    and Vertical 28 or higher

these are very attainable and realistic goals if you can surpass all of them I guarantee it will make you a better player.. for all the guys on here that say stats dont matter, the do not to an extent... but the true cold fact is that no one is gonna recruit an guy who is an above average player if he is 5'5 140 unless that kid has 4.3 speed and some muscle/strength on him.... just my .02

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jmanjman47 View Post
    Good post.

Of course try to be that freak player.Be the linemen thats as fast as the recievers or the receivers thats as strong as the linemen. skys the limit
    Your "system" is off. Most DB's are very strong for their size because they have to sometimes make tackles on backs who are usually bigger. RB's are more often than not one of the fastest players on the field.

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by watchandsee23 View Post
    Your "system" is off. Most DB's are very strong for their size because they have to sometimes make tackles on backs who are usually bigger. RB's are more often than not one of the fastest players on the field.
    It doesn't matter in the long run. Though your right about the running backs. Some of them are as fast as the receivers. And I guess Defensive backs are strong.

Back From Banned Camp! SCskinnymuscle's Avatar
    SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCskinnymuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    our star wide reciever benches about 205 squats about 280 cleans about 190. he weighs about 160. and he runs the 40 in a BLISTERING 4.4.
    Height:5'8
    Body fat: 7%-8%
    Weight: 155
    Bench Max:250
    Squat Max:315
    Dead Max:325 - Long time ago, stopped deadlifting
    Total:890

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-* We cook all our meals. We set our own clock. We kick our own ass in the gym. And we lick our own wounds....We Are Bodybuilders....We are Brothers.

ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's really about speed...wide receivers are usually the fast kids who don't need strength at all when in high school.

If you want to start at wr, you need quickness, speed, GREAT hands.

Now if you were aiming to be a tight end, you could def aim at weight lifting stats. That is actually one position where the numbers really speak to how the play can usually play. If the guy benches 300, squats 450, cleans 300, while running a 4.7 at 6'3 and 240, you can guarantee that cat is going to play college ball and will start on varsity.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    here are the things for WR's from important to least important.

1) hands
    2) route running
    3) intelligance
    4) work ethic
    5) speed
    6) strength
    7) size

im not saying speed aint important, but if you dont have speed but you have great hands, great route running and great work ethic then you are much better off.

jerry rice wasnt fast and he was the greatest wr ever to play the game, and its because he had an AMAZING work ethic and dedication, he had amazing hands and ran routes to perfection.

running great routes and fooling the db has not a single thing to do with speed.
    Last edited by SDOptimist; 08-02-2007 at 11:41 PM.

BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jmanjman47 View Post
    Good post.

That is very wrong.

I'm a 6'5" WR I bench 350lbs, squat 465 and run a 4.56. 225 x 21 Im going to be a freshman at Jacksonville University D1.

ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahs4n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn, bro, nice, but wondering did you have offers to play anywhere else?

That's pretty impressive stats,and unless those stats didn't necessarily translate into field, you could have had a scholarship to some big time d1 schools.

deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100)
    cool stats but i can still stick you anyday

doitbigwideout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you mean its D1-AA. in the pioneer conference. i know this because growing up in SD i have followed the toreros for a long time and Jacksonville is in the same conference. nice stats for a wr.

BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by deltaforce View Post
    cool stats but i can still stick you anyday
    I'd run right through you, no offense.

Originally Posted by doitbigwideout View Post
    you mean its D1-AA. in the pioneer conference. i know this because growing up in SD i have followed the toreros for a long time and Jacksonville is in the same conference. nice stats for a wr.
    Yeah its D1-AA poineer conference. I was supposed to play for auburn, things didn't work out, hopefully I still might play for them in the next year or too.

doitbigwideout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    at 160 lbs. im running straight through him too.even though he has python 31 inch arms. i love being in space one on one with a corner i just love to lower my shoulder and give it to all those weak DB's.
    Auburn, thats nice. good luck this year ball out and hopefully you can get it next year.

King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yo beastly, you are beastly lol damn son nice stats, i prefer juking dbs however due to my size
    "You're going to get criticized no matter what you do, especially if you're trying to achieve something and rise above the flock. Do it anyway. Negative criticism from others is often a sign that you're on your way up in the world."

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BEASTLy View Post
    I'd run right through you, no offense.

Yeah its D1-AA poineer conference. I was supposed to play for auburn, things didn't work out, hopefully I still might play for them in the next year or too.
    You look like some of the d-1 WR's that go to clemson in my state.

where you been the past 3 years. I have never seen you on here before and I've been on here a good while.

good luck with the season beastly. your stats are lookin good.

Originally Posted by watchandsee23 View Post
    You look like some of the d-1 WR's that go to clemson in my state.

where you been the past 3 years. I have never seen you on here before and I've been on here a good while.
    Thanks! I started here when I was 14, I used to just read stuff and not say too much.. I just took all the information in and it payed off.

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    good luck with the season beastly. your stats are lookin good.
    Thanks

deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100)
    kmon beast you big thats it i can grab your nuts when your down then bite your nose off,i play dirty im from the south

kmon beast you big thats it i can grab your nuts when your down then bite your nose off,i play dirty im from the south
    no wonder the south gets a bad name. i feel bad for those real men who gets stereotyped because of people like you lol. come on guy, so your from the south OOOHHHH, whats that suppose to mean? does that mean your hardcore? or that you dont feel pain? invisible? a super athlete???? lol

come to south central and you will truly see what hardcore is, you will truly see what drive byes look like, you will truly see how scary life could be. but maybe thats what you need, an awakening.

i mean come on guy, come on here and talk normal, im not talking about spelling or grammar, we all make mistakes, im talking just coming on here and being respectful, having a mature conversation, instead of having these lame unintelligant responses.

i mean dont you want to get some help from people on here? there are alot of people on here who know alot, if you maturely and respectfully ask a question, they will help you. but see, youve done that, but then someone tries to help you and you bash their response, talking trash and all that. just please have some respect and talk maturely, trust me, you will enjoy it alot more.

Registered User Beastinthemakin's Avatar
    Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    weight you talkin about 190 for elite guys. at least 6"1'. have at least 60+ yrds a game with recieving. end of the seaosn has proabl about 700 yards. its highschool football and bombs are thrown everywhere.becasue shutdown corners, and safeties are rare, who can cover a 6"1' guy with a 30+ inch vert and runs a 4.5 .which is why mine is going to be 40.only 8"s to go woot!

and what makes a great reciver is his awareness, meaning he can cath the ball if there are 1 guy around him, or 4. accleration, usually a reciver can run 10 yard below a 1.5, even if you can not run fast ou have to be able to accelerate and deccelerate. so you have to run the shutte in about a 4.2-3. elite run in in the 4.1s, even lower.

what made jerry rice jerry rice was his awarness, he could cath anything like larry fitzgerald, marvin harrison, adn 4 years ago when randy moss could when he had a decent QB.another thing, if your qb sucks you will suck 2. and be aware, good qbs normally thor rockets, on short passes, and floaters on long passes, so reaction is key as well on short routes.
    Bulking to 230 to play defensive end at texas tech.

i have perfect to me cause i dont even try to move and i still get the ball anyway i didnt read half of what op said but yea there was a drive by on one of my videos when i was running

i have perfect to me cause i dont even try to move and i still get the ball anyway i didnt read half of what op said but yea there was a drive by on one of my videos when i was running
    lol oh man your funny!!!! you really are, no lie, you are hilarious, you got something going there.

xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BEASTLy View Post
    That is very wrong.

I'm a 6'5" WR I bench 350lbs, squat 465 and run a 4.56. 225 x 21 Im going to be a freshman at Jacksonville University D1.
    damn man, impressive.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Registered User Beastinthemakin's Avatar
    Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beastinthemakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you wont play wr in college they will make you play tight end, becasue you are to tall and praobly weight 220 lbs now. by jr year you will be at about 240 sr year about 250. unless you can get your tiem into the 4.3s, or you are dominant on the field like calvin johnson and catch anything . just beacsue a team recruits you does not mean you will play the posisiton, and nfl players will tell you the same thing. becasue of hos tall you are you will never beat a cb on a cut route, in div 1. but considering your team does not play any big teams to often, you may get open. if you do play big teams you will be shut down by the guy who can accelerate in 1.44 seconds.

your run a 4.56 because of your stride lnegth, not your stide frequency so, you will only be effectice on the drag, post, and hail marys. or routes that have alot of linear distance.if you dont get moved i will be surprised. people get moved becasue of the dumbest things, wheter you like it or not. and you can not opt out of the contract until the seaosn is over, so you have to do what ever they say .
    Bulking to 230 to play defensive end at texas tech.

Originally Posted by Beastinthemakin View Post
    you wont play wr in college they will make you play tight end, becasue you are to tall and praobly weight 220 lbs now. by jr year you will be at about 240 sr year about 250. unless you can get your tiem into the 4.3s, or you are dominant on the field like calvin johnson and catch anything . just beacsue a team recruits you does not mean you will play the posisiton, and nfl players will tell you the same thing. becasue of hos tall you are you will never beat a cb on a cut route, in div 1. but considering your team does not play any big teams to often, you may get open. if you do play big teams you will be shut down by the guy who can accelerate in 1.44 seconds.

your run a 4.56 because of your stride lnegth, not your stide frequency so, you will only be effectice on the drag, post, and hail marys. or routes that have alot of linear distance.if you dont get moved i will be surprised. people get moved becasue of the dumbest things, wheter you like it or not. and you can not opt out of the contract until the seaosn is over, so you have to do what ever they say .
    i know what your saying man, and ya people positions get changed alot, but its not based on what you think. they wont change Beastly's pos lol, he is a great size for a wr. TO is 6'4 225, david boston was 260lbs at one point and still is pretty close. there are many big time college wr's out there that are 6'5, 6'6. purdue had a wr a couple years ago who was 6'10. so they arent going to change someones pos just based on your size, if he can play wr, he is going to play wr, thats it.
    Last edited by SDOptimist; 08-04-2007 at 12:28 AM.