greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

BB row back angle and lower body stability question

Where should you feel the tension in your lower body if you are doing BB row right? I'm not feeling very stable in my lower body from time to time when I'm doing the exercise.

Also, what's the proper back angle? I see all sorts of angle in the gym. Some will go as far as parallel to the floor.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Posterior chain I suppose. Glutes, hips, hams.

Back angle in a classic BB row is something like 20-30 degrees maybe.

-Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000)
    For the entire movement you should feel a strong isometric contraction in your hamstring and glutes as they are what are stabilizing your upper body. When you row the weight up all that weight you should into your traps, lats, and posterior delts. When you lower the bar again the weight should immediately and smoothly transition back to your hamstrings and glutes. If at any moment you feel any torque or pain on your lower back that means you're messing up your form.

^ this is with regards to a strict barbell row upper body completely parallel to ground.
    ^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^

WE'RE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT BROS
    WE ALLS GUN TO MAKE IT

Positive Crew 2.0
    #Mcfreako inspired

mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I go completely parallel, pinch the imaginary pencil between my shoulder blades, keep it there for the entire set (ie don't let my shoulders roll down as I lower the weight to the bottom), and draw my elbows back without doing a wrist curl at the top. I feel the burn in my rhomboids and lats, where it is supposed to be. I notice that when I do my BORs like this, my flexibility for squats is getting better and I don't need to add anything like good mornings or RDL's...

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
    Where should you feel the tension in your lower body if you are doing BB row right? I'm not feeling very stable in my lower body from time to time when I'm doing the exercise.

Also, what's the proper back angle? I see all sorts of angle in the gym. Some will go as far as parallel to the floor.
    You should create tension in your knees, glutes, and lats by having them braced and tight. That will take the tension off of your lower back.

The proper back angle is the one where you can keep your knees, glutes, and lats absolutely locked in place. This is around 45 degrees for me. That is the key to BB Rows and going heavy with BB Rows.

I unrack the bar, step back, do a minor scapula retraction, set my lats, squeeze my glutes, hinge at the hips like the beginning of an RDL, then lock my knees into place, and row.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    There are half a dozen common barbell rows. You'll have to specify bud.
    Experience, not just theory