JakeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First time working out. Here's my progress.

My goal was to get fit and cut similar to Bruce Lee, only taller and a little bigger. I have wanted to look like since I was 9 years old. I am willing to go through pain, misery, whatever. I want those cut looking little arms with PURE SPEED.

I've been doing 3 sets of 5 on all of my workouts. I have been working out for about three months, 3 times per week, every week. I feel like I was really out of shape when I started (180/5'11 & tire around the stomach)

Here are my weight advances.

Squat: Started at 115. Currently up to 195

Bench: Started at 115. Currently up to 140

Dead lift (standard): started at 225. Currently up to 245 (I think I started out with WAY too much weight and improper form)

Military press: Started at 80lbs. Currently up to 95lbs

Pendley rows: Started at 115. Currently up to 135

Dips: Required -65lbs assistance to do 3 sets of 5. Now I am able to do 3 sets of 7 naturally.

Pull ups: I started requiring -80lbs of assitance. Now I require -35 to do 3 sets of 5. (I've been stuck there for a long time)

I am really frustrated with how little progress I've made. I guess I was just expecting to get stronger in a shorter amount of time.

Any tips? Thank you so much in advance.
    Last edited by JakeD; 07-27-2007 at 04:47 AM.

Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you have before/after pics?

How much fat do you have? When my bodyfat climbs to high i start to feel awul even if my strength is going up..

Thank you very must for the reply! I'm not really sure where my body fat is at the moment. People have been constantly commenting that I look "beefier".

Here's three months of progress.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by JakeD; 07-27-2007 at 04:57 AM.

Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That isn't bad for 3 months progress. I was comparing both the pics and I can see a slight increase in arms, forearms, and traps. A little in the chest as well, but still a long journey ahead.

Good luck

EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndOfSilence has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First of all don't go thinking that your gonna be huge in 3 months. Bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint. Second of all If you wanna be big you gotta eat big plain and simple. And finally looking at your progress pics it seems to me that you progressed some and the gains will come as your train hard, eat like a an animal, and get plenty of rest every night. Good luck bro and keep on lifting.
    Last edited by clark11; 07-27-2007 at 04:40 AM.
    "OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED"

User ID-430711

Here's my ideal body (probably a little bigger than what I want)

I think the shoulders should be easy for me to pull off. I get the feeling my lats, stomach and chest might be a challenge.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Lowerthefever View Post
    That isn't bad for 3 months progress. I was comparing both the pics and I can see a slight increase in arms, forearms, and traps. A little in the chest as well, but still a long journey ahead.

Good luck

I guess the question is, what's the maximum you think I can pull off in 6 months? I would like to gain enough muscle to look similar to the picture posted above. I realize I will need to cut before I can look like that. Assuming I'm trying to gain the muscular mass in that pic alone, would that even be possible 6 months from now?

YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JakeD View Post
    I guess the question is, what's the maximum you think I can pull off in 6 months? I would like to gain enough muscle to look similar to the picture posted above. I realize I will need to cut before I can look like that. Assuming I'm trying to gain the muscular mass in that pic alone, would that even be possible 6 months from now?
    Probably not man. That's going to take about 8-12 months. You're gonna have to cut at one point. When you want to is up to you. Whether you want to cut now then go on a slow bulk or a bulk then cut then another bulk.
    One arm swinging curls: 250x23