Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by plebayo View Post
    The issue with the use of steroids [from what i understand] is that it gives someone an advantage in their sport. The idea is for everyone to start out as equals and the person who wins, wins based on ability not by outside stimulus.

It isn't just steroids though that are the problem. Take Tiger Woods for example, he plays golf, a sport which requires good eye sight. He goes and has lasik eye surgery done and his vision is now 20/15 nearly perfect. IMO that's cheating because he now has an advantage over someone else competing who has lesser eyesight.

What about the use of cortico steroids? It's okay for you to get a cortisone injection in your back to help you perform but anabolic steroids aren't allowed? Cortico steroids can be just as damaging to the body with prolonged use.

What about the use of an altitude chamber? You sleep in it overnight and it increases your red blood cells. Taking erythropoietin is considered illegal but does the same thing the altitude chamber does.

I will continue to judge those who "cheat". I think it is a far better accomplishment for someone to say they got their with hard work and dedication rather than with a substance.
    Definitely agree. You take a preworkout supplement, that gives you an edge. It's legal but it's still an edge. In fact, there hits a point where food all just becomes means to an end, really. Are you eating that steak and eggs for the same reason your mother's eating pancakes and toast? Doubtful. So could you say that abusing food for athletic purposes is an unfair advantage?

I mean it gets pretty blurry to draw a strict line there. By one way of thinking, one can say (like you), "Any kind of ergogenic aid, legal or not, ruins the sincerity/honesty/etc in the sport. It becomes all about winning."

Conversely, one can say, "My 'natural' friend takes about 15 different supplements, calculates and weighs every meal, times each workout and meal as perfectly as possible, doesn't pump his own gas because some study said there's a compound in it that could lower testosterone, and drinks 7 cups of green tea a day for antioxidants, yet I'm the bastard for a low dose clen/test stack so I can achieve my goals but still keep my life?"

I've personally never geared but have no negative judgments towards those who do for that exact reason. It's all means to an end, really, so it's just a matter of what you have access to and how far you're willing to go.

On a side note: is there even such a thing as fair? I mean genetic predispositions and things along those lines will give some people an unfair advantage over others from the get-go. Not even externally, but internally these people have an edge over the competition so is anything even really fair to begin with?

Oh, perception..
    http://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Gravity-Systematic-Gymnastics-Bodyweight/dp/1467933120/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321939932&sr=8-2

xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xjado321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you shouldn't judge them as it still takes hardwork to see results with steroids

stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The movie Bigger Stronger Faster gives many good comparisons of the use of Gear to other enhancements used in sports, such as Tiger Woods lasic eye surgery which made his vision better than 20-20 and depth perseption is very important in golf..

Otherwise i suppose its the persons choice wether they want to be their very best possible, regardless of risk.

The thing that bothers me though, is all the people who would knock a enhanced athlete are the same ones putting money in the athletes pocket by going to watch the games or buying their clothing, so they are supporting yet against it?

People should just mind their own buisness and let others do as they please, not like it harms other people..
    Teen until October 17, 2011.
    Offseason weight: 245
    Stage weight: 205
    Height: 5'11

Tell me i cant do it, and il prove you wrong.

Team1anabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think its pointless for the most part, for me I would rather do it on my own then cheat my way there. Also whats the point , if you arent professional bodybuilder or athlete. The damage to your body just isn't worth it for me personally.
    Anabolic Instinct- "It's Bro Science, Bro"
    http://anabolicinstinct.blogspot.com/