Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Rad8Inana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sgtmom1 View Post
    is always best, not all supplements and dosages work the same for everyone. I have learned that some things just don't like my body and my body don't like my body after using them. I ahve used Creatine Monohydrate Micronized and Glutamine powder by iron tek. No flavors or additive just the pure stuff too many allergies and sensitivities. I am looking for a new protein powder tht is EGG based rather than Whey or soy, have done those and they don't agree with me and a all the other junk they put in I react too. Belive me I have tried to cut the stuff different ways and amounts same results-all makes me sick. Any recommendations on a good pure egg protein(no additives or fillers) would be nice.
    Thanks
    It's not my preference, but Jay Robb has an egg protein that seems very clean, with no additives. It's even sweetened with stevia rather than sucralose or aspartame. I've tasted both the vanilla and chocolate, and can say they taste pretty good too.

mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the info good to know what works for some.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Rad8Inana View Post
    It's not my preference, but Jay Robb has an egg protein that seems very clean, with no additives. It's even sweetened with stevia rather than sucralose or aspartame. I've tasted both the vanilla and chocolate, and can say they taste pretty good too.
    While they may offer this, jay robb's stuff is so overpriced it hurts me to look at it.

there are companies out there that will mix your own blend, flavor it how you want, sweeten it with what you want, add hatever carbs you like - oat starch etc.. add supplements, add fats like MCT or Flax powder, if you like. Their egg white protein starts at around $10.50/lb

let me know if you want more info

This mix is $10.49/lb before shipping

Last edited by ctgblue; 04-23-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

mohmoh48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found this article to be very informative. I may try the CLA that your wife suggested in addition to my supplements.

I do hear a lot about creatine as being vital to your workout program, however, the increase in size is what sets me off. I want to have lean muscle and look lean rather than bulky. Do you have any suggestions for an alternative? I am 5'2 and 114lbs (Age 24). I have lost 16 lbs so far and I'm working my butt off at the gym. I'm noticing that I have gained a lot of strength and muscle tone in my body which I'm loving. Although, creatine is also an essential part of building that muscle physique.

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Edwardballow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Edwardballow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Edwardballow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Edwardballow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Edwardballow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Women ask us for advice on supplements all the time. they do not know what to take or think they dont have to because they are not "bodybuilders". I think supplement company's need to correct some of their marketing strategies.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mohmoh48 View Post
    I found this article to be very informative. I may try the CLA that your wife suggested in addition to my supplements.
    I do hear a lot about creatine as being vital to your workout program, however, the increase in size is what sets me off. I want to have lean muscle and look lean rather than bulky. Do you have any suggestions for an alternative? I am 5'2 and 114lbs (Age 24). I have lost 16 lbs so far and I'm working my butt off at the gym. I'm noticing that I have gained a lot of strength and muscle tone in my body which I'm loving. Although, creatine is also an essential part of building that muscle physique.
    Let me know what you think. Thanks
    ANOTHER MYTH- Creatine does NOT automaticaly equal some dramatic increase in size, creatine only allows you muscle to stay properly hydrated (fluid intake critical) so it can recover properly and be stronger while lifting. Guys who claim that "creatine made me so hyooge" it was all the enormous amounts of crap they ate that made them swell up like a baloon.
    My wife does not get size increases from creatine, just strength increases, which can lead to muscle size increases. You WNT muscle size increases, you are note getting 'muscle tone' you are increasing muscle SIZE which makes the muscle more noticeable. Couple this with not increasing bodyfat and you get the "tone" effect. Now NEVER use the term TONE again....
    You want an increase in lean muscle mass, not 'tone,' LEAN MUSCLE.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

mohmoh48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will do. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your help and input.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    ANOTHER MYTH- Creatine does NOT automaticaly equal some dramatic increase in size, creatine only allows you muscle to stay properly hydrated (fluid intake critical) so it can recover properly and be stronger while lifting. Guys who claim that "creatine made me so hyooge" it was all the enormous amounts of crap they ate that made them swell up like a baloon.
    My wife does not get size increases from creatine, just strength increases, which can lead to muscle size increases. You WNT muscle size increases, you are note getting 'muscle tone' you are increasing muscle SIZE which makes the muscle more noticeable. Couple this with not increasing bodyfat and you get the "tone" effect. Now NEVER use the term TONE again....
    You want an increase in lean muscle mass, not 'tone,' LEAN MUSCLE.
    Great post - I recently made a page to discourage the toning myth myself.
    The truth about toning

Creatine is not bad unless you take too much or load it.

I have my own research motivated recommendations for supplements for women, which is pretty similar to my recs for men here - Supplement recommendations for women
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.facebook.com/hotnfitcom

junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) junek090 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Excellent article.

gracebland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is a great article and very informative..

srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi!!! Most reccomended doses are based on either 180 lbs or 150 lb which is your average weights... It is always a good idea to start any supplement with half the reccomended dose to assess your bodies tolerance and reaction

Good luck!!!
    IFBB Bikini Pro
    NFPT & NESTA Certified Personal Trainer
    CEO BamBody Nutrition
    Official Formutech Nutrition Athlete
    Www.formutechnutrition.com

johnasjade has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    That is really impressive and helpfull as well.....

Thanx a lot for it....

Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missttl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    AMINOTAUR by Anabolic Designs, I have tried this products.
    I am a 60Kg female who never takes any pre workout stimulants or fat burners except for a strong coffee, and I don't take anything during my workout either as my personal choice has always been to replenish afterwards.
    The serving suggestions are a choice of 1 scoop (6.5gr) pre, 1-3 scoops during and 1 scoop post.
    I chose to try the 3 scoops in 1 litre of water during my workout and 1 post.
    The product has good mixability and you don't need to keep shaking your bottle as there is no sediment forming at the bottom unlike many bcaa based products. The taste is a little too sweet for me, but I am not a fan of sweet things, so my trick was to add the juice of half a lemon!
    I must say that the 3 scoops dose could be a little too much for my size as I experienced some heart racing during my workout, one of the reasons why I stay clear from stimulants. Having said that, the second time I lowered my dosage to 1.5 scoops during and 1.5 post, the unpleasant side effect disappeared entirely and I had a great pump and good vascularity, then again the heart palpitation could have been totally unrelated, but am reporting it.
    Additionally, Aminotaur contains HICA a metabolite of Leucine which is claimed to be the successor of HMB. Although it can be argued that not enough research or studies have been conducted so far to support the claims, HICA is a metabolite of Leucine and its role is to tell your muscle cells they are burning aminos and therefore to increase their anti catabolic processes and as we get older, extra leucine boosts the anabolic stimulus of protein.
    Aminotaur gets my thumb up as a during and post workout drink to aid recovery and for better protein synthesis.
    Alessandra Tumolo
    Owner and founder of Team Awesome Power Supplements
    www.ttlctrl.co.uk
    www.musclefitnessacademy.com
    The above are my views only and do not constitute to medical advice

sjewell15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by lillifter35 View Post
    From all the articles I've read on CLA it has been recommended that 3400 MG of CLA in needed for it to be effective.
    Ive taken CLA and love it. However, it makes my face breakout. Ugh. Any recommendations for someyhing else, similar?

Registered User cluelessgumshoe's Avatar
    cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) cluelessgumshoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great article thank you for the information
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ***SPARTAN CREW***
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ***MFC***
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀"Courage is grace under pressure"
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀~Hemmingway
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Originally Posted by sjewell15 View Post
    Ive taken CLA and love it. However, it makes my face breakout. Ugh. Any recommendations for someyhing else, similar?
    That is odd, it actually helps my wife's complexion. Did you start taking anything else with it, or is this a long term "it's happened every time I take CLA" problem?
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MingYoun36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for the wonderful post!

What are your thoughts on L-arginine pre-workout for women?
    MingYoun
    GO GET'EM TIGER

My wife regularly takes a pre-workout with arginine, beta alanine, etc.. she loves it, anything that helps promote blood flow is good
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

kellbell926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    My wife regularly takes a pre-workout with arginine, beta alanine, etc.. she loves it, anything that helps promote blood flow is good
    Just want to make sure that in the 7 years since she wrote this, it all still holds true! I've heard a lot about brands that she didn't mention.

Thanks!
    Petite mom looking to TRANSFORM!

Looking for my six pack
    Losing fat
    Gaining muscle
    Building a booty

Ready...set...go!

*Happily Engaged* <3

She uses Cellucor C4, Promera Beta Cret or Pump Extreme with Con Cret, and she mixes them with Scivation Xtend, every workout day. She also still like Kre-Alkalyn best too for her second 'pill form' of creatine.
    She mixes her preworkout and Xtend and sips throughout the workout.
    at the gym at 5am on weekdays
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great article, thanks!