kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I use wrist straps for bi curls?

I've read somewhere, someplace that wrist straps aren't to be used for barbell or db bicep curls. Any truth to this?
    Gainin' mass and scopin' ass

Registered User xtremecondition's Avatar
    xtremecondition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kotetsu
    I've read somewhere, someplace that wrist straps aren't to be used for barbell or db bicep curls. Any truth to this?
    Sure you could use them, but why in the world would ANYONE need wrist wraps for curls? IMO wrist wraps are a worthless piece of equipment that allows people to not feel so bad about having a weak grip. If your grip can't outlast your larger muscle groups in a workout, you need to bring your grip up, not add a crutch to your regimen.

Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why would you need them for curls?

i doubt you're using more wieght than you can grip.

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel like I have a weak grip, but I've never needed wrist straps for curls. I'd have to be holding at least 200 lbs on a barbell before I felt like my grip was the weak link... but I'm definitely not curling 200 lbs.

kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lee_5
    why would you need them for curls?

i doubt you're using more wieght than you can grip.
    wrist strain.
    Gainin' mass and scopin' ass

NAYTCH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you talking about wrist straps that would connect to the weight to help with your grip or wrist wraps, similar to knee wraps, to support the wrist?

Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wrist strain.

are you using a straight bar?

If so try using an EZ bar. This will help your wrists.

Straps wont help wrist strain. They are used to help you grip heavy weight, not provide support for wrists.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i use them because i get pain in my wrists in seems to help

Severedorifice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Severedorifice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xtremecondition
    Sure you could use them, but why in the world would ANYONE need wrist wraps for curls? IMO wrist wraps are a worthless piece of equipment that allows people to not feel so bad about having a weak grip. If your grip can't outlast your larger muscle groups in a workout, you need to bring your grip up, not add a crutch to your regimen.
    The only time you should use wrist straps is for bent-over rows, deadlifts, and dumbell rows. Using them for anything else other tham pulling is silly to me. They are not a worthless piece of equipment, however. They allow you to work your back much more effectively. Its common sense that your back is stronger than your forearms (at least is should be). If you are fatiguing from the grip before youre target muscle than whats the point in the lift. Use the straps for pulling and do wrist curls for your grip. Train smart.
    Bench: 245
    Squat: 330
    Bar Curl: 150
    Dumbbell row: 160

6 ft. 210lbs of pure _____.

Severedorifice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Severedorifice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Use 'em for shrugs too.
    Bench: 245
    Squat: 330
    Bar Curl: 150
    Dumbbell row: 160

6 ft. 210lbs of pure _____.

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't use wrist straps I use wrist supporters a lot because my wrists hurt easily. Should I stop using them to try and increase the strength in my wrists? I use them for barbell curls because of the wrist strain too.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can use them on barbell curls, I tried once just to see what it was all about. You will virtually eliminate all activity of your forearm muscles so you will need to do wrist curls or other forearm exercises to make up for what you're not doing. Just like if you use straps when you do back or other exercises where the grip is too much for you to do properly. Nothing looks dumber than a guy with big biceps and little forearms.

Personally I find that I am way too dependent on wrist straps. I am trying to cut back on their use because the best forearm workout you can get is simply trying to hang onto heavy weight, not wrist curls. I know a guy who has fantastic looking forearms and he never works his forearms because he never uses gloves or straps.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no its against IPF rules

Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thermogenic75 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    To answer original reply, "why would anyone want to use wrist straps for curls?" I have terrible elbow tendonitis (tennis elbow) at the moment, exacerbated by gripping/squeezing in heavy pulls. I could rest for a month, and my elbow may recover. Meanwhile my arm atrophies, or my conditioning goes south. I'm hoping these straps I just ordered keeps me in the game while my elbow tendon calms down.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Thermogenic75 View Post
    To answer original reply, "why would anyone want to use wrist straps for curls?" I have terrible elbow tendonitis (tennis elbow) at the moment, exacerbated by gripping/squeezing in heavy pulls. I could rest for a month, and my elbow may recover. Meanwhile my arm atrophies, or my conditioning goes south. I'm hoping these straps I just ordered keeps me in the game while my elbow tendon calms down.
    GOING DEEP!! on that 8 year + thread revive....

Attached Images
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    negs
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    GOING DEEP!! on that 8 year + thread revive....

Going deeper on that 14 year thread + so I'll revive it
    I win

alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    negs
    Negged u