Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1365
    Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Man! I have been pleased with what I was able to bring to the stage so far this year. I feel like the 2 years of hard work since Worlds of '09 paid off. I have a little over 3 weeks to ensure a strong finish to my season!

Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    Kurt I I just dont even....You are a freak ANIMAL In all honestly, I dont think ive ever been as baffled as I have with the physique you have brought at those shows. Nobody had the muscle or conditioning and peaking it just right to look as hard as nails as you did in those pics, and it's very clear. GREAT work bro!!!
    Sacrifice is the barrier between mediocrity and excellence!

"Your Hate has made you Powerful!"
    -Emperor Palpatine

"Try not...do or do not...there is no try"
    -Yoda

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through Strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken."

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have been following on FB and your updates but its great to see you post here as well. Amazing stuff going on between you and Vaughn. I had not heard of him and when i saw some of his training videos after his win i realized he trains with you. First Whitacre and now Twigger...you got some magic in that water. Makes me want to move to Blacksburg just to train with you for a few years and get a title or two. Good luck at World's...
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Paul! Vaughan is definitely having a break out year. I'm really happy for him...he has ridiculous potential and a great work ethic...he's also extremely humble. Vaughan has been a great workout partner and i've watched him make some incredible progress over the last several years...it's been fun watching him win at the pro level as a result

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I have been following on FB and your updates but its great to see you post here as well. Amazing stuff going on between you and Vaughn. I had not heard of him and when i saw some of his training videos after his win i realized he trains with you. First Whitacre and now Twigger...you got some magic in that water. Makes me want to move to Blacksburg just to train with you for a few years and get a title or two. Good luck at World's...

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

Transition from Contest Prep to off-season
    http://teamanimal.net/2011/10/31/tra...to-off-season/

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awesome read, Kurt! How do you go about adjusting your calories in the first few weeks after your show? Do you gradually increase carbs+fats weekly or generally return to a higher amount then stick with it for a while?

The reason I ask is that I'm currently 4 weeks after my last show, been adding about 20g of carbs and 5g of fat each week and nearly halved my training volume, yet still the same weight I was on stage and in condition. Just trying to figure out what the hell is going on haha

Thanks!
    i'm adding enough carbs and fat to avoid feeling hungry...you don't want to deprive yourself to the point where you're ready to eat everything...that can be worse. I will be taking in around 300g carbs a day, which is the upper end (maybe a little more) of what I used on refeed days during the end of my prep...so my body can handle that amount. I'm also adding 5-10g fat. I will assess how my body does in the first week or two, while watching the scale, calipers and the mirror. As I feel my body is acclimating to the added calories, I will add small amounts as needed.

Part of what I do the first week is to reintroduce foods that were removed during prep. There are healthy food choices like greek yogurt and blueberries I took out, because I started limited my carbs...they'll be added back in the first week.
    Over the first couple of weeks, I want to put more fruit back in (I love grapefruit and it's in season during the winter). All meals (except the last meal before bed) will have some carbs. I also will be allocating a little more fat to some meals, because the amount I was adding during last months of prep was small (my total fat intake per day was down to 40-43g per day

I think your plan of adding 20g carbs and 5g fat per week is a great approach. Good way to slowly rebuild your metabolism after a show...If your weight isn't changing much and you're holding contest condition, then you can afford to be a little more aggressive. I'd throw in a couple of high calorie refeed days (if you're not already) mid-week and weekend

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    Awesome read, Kurt! How do you go about adjusting your calories in the first few weeks after your show? Do you gradually increase carbs+fats weekly or generally return to a higher amount then stick with it for a while?

The reason I ask is that I'm currently 4 weeks after my last show, been adding about 20g of carbs and 5g of fat each week and nearly halved my training volume, yet still the same weight I was on stage and in condition. Just trying to figure out what the hell is going on haha
    Last edited by Animal76; 11-01-2011 at 02:17 AM.

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Animal76 View Post
    Thanks!
    i'm adding enough carbs and fat to avoid feeling hungry...you don't want to deprive yourself to the point where you're ready to eat everything...that can be worse. I will be taking in around 300g carbs a day, which is the upper end (maybe a little more) of what I used on refeed days during the end of my prep...so my body can handle that amount. I'm also adding 5-10g fat. I will assess how my body does in the first week or two, while watching the scale, calipers and the mirror. As I feel my body is acclimating to the added calories, I will add small amounts as needed.

Part of what I do the first week is to reintroduce foods that were removed during prep. There are healthy food choices like greek yogurt and blueberries I took out, because I started limited my carbs...they'll be added back in the first week.
    Over the first couple of weeks, I want to put more fruit back in (I love grapefruit and it's in season during the winter). All meals (except the last meal before bed) will have some carbs. I also will be allocating a little more fat to some meals, because the amount I was adding during last months of prep was small (my total fat intake per day was down to 40-43g per day

I think your plan of adding 20g carbs and 5g fat per week is a great approach. Good way to slowly rebuild your metabolism after a show...If your weight isn't changing much and you're holding contest condition, then you can afford to be a little more aggressive. I'd throw in a couple of high calorie refeed days (if you're not already) mid-week and weekend
    Thanks for the response mate! That's originally what I have done too, added back a heap of healthy nutrient dense foods like yoghurt, berries, various fruits, veggies, herbs and spices etc which were all limited when my calories got low. My initial goal was more to "get healthy" again per se, as I feel that later on during prep we all get very deficient in vitamins and minerals. I feel you on the low fat thing too, I've started to slowly bring mine back up from real low levels (~30-35g per day) hoping it will restore a few things, and mainly help with my sleep which has been lacking quite a bit ever since finishing dieting.

I'll definitely try one or two more aggressive refeed days in the coming weeks, thanks for the suggestion. I've been doing everything pretty consistently, so a couple of high days might help move things along.

Off-Season posts + Pics from Worlds + Interview w/ Brian Whitacre

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the updates Kurt, congrats on getting top 3 at World's. I know your goal is to be the best and you are making strides in that direction. I love the interview with Brian as well, just a class act and a great role model. I will be getting on stage again next year and following how dedicated you guys are it tells me where I need to be if I want to be successful.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Thanks for the updates Kurt, congrats on getting top 3 at World's. I know your goal is to be the best and you are making strides in that direction. I love the interview with Brian as well, just a class act and a great role model. I will be getting on stage again next year and following how dedicated you guys are it tells me where I need to be if I want to be successful.
    Kurt, Very proud of your efforts and placing top 3 at worlds is a huge task. We all know your focus and to be the best damn bodybuilder there is and that is as hard as it comes. Thanks for the pictures I wish I could of been there to support you this year with Rob. Keep up the great work and keep pushing yourself to a bigger and better person. I love the articles in NBB Magazine.

Worlds write and 2011 contest season in review

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

Thanks Bob!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Kurt, Very proud of your efforts and placing top 3 at worlds is a huge task. We all know your focus and to be the best damn bodybuilder there is and that is as hard as it comes. Thanks for the pictures I wish I could of been there to support you this year with Rob. Keep up the great work and keep pushing yourself to a bigger and better person. I love the articles in NBB Magazine.

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

After a 3 year hiatus from my journal, I have returned.

I'll start with my update I wrote on my blog about a month and a half ago:
    http://teamanimal.net/2014/06/09/progress-2/

I just started logging workouts again for the first time in awhile
    http://teamanimal.net/2014/07/26/wor...y-724-and-725/

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Animal76 View Post
    After a 3 year hiatus from my journal, I have returned.

I'll start with my update I wrote on my blog about a month and a half ago:
    http://teamanimal.net/2014/06/09/progress-2/

I just started logging workouts again for the first time in awhile
    http://teamanimal.net/2014/07/26/wor...y-724-and-725/
    Great to see you back!

welcome back Kurt, never know about the surgery but good to see you back on the boards.

ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes!! One of the guys I've looked up to and drawn inspiration from in bodybuilding/training in general. Great to see you back.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OHHH yeah!!! MOTHERF#$KIN IN!!!! Always been a big fan of your work ethic dude!
    advertising not permitted

phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000)
    In for this!!

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

How long does a workout like that take upward to 50+ Sets Kurt?

How long does a workout like that take upward to 50+ Sets Kurt?
    yesterday was a pretty long workout...went over 2 hrs. Usually our monday workout stays under 2 hrs

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

Tuesday's Leg Workout

http://teamanimal.net/2014/07/29/tue...leg-workout-2/

Tuesday’s Leg Workout

Back Extension with Barbell across back 3 sets x 10 reps

Squats: 135×5,185×5,225×5,275×5,315×5,355×5,375×5,395×5,40 5×5,355×12,315×16, 275×20

Leg Press: 6plates x 20, 10 plates x 20,20,20,20

HS Unilateral Kneeling Leg Curl: 105×12,115×10,125×7,105×10

Cybex Leg Extension: 210×12,230×8,210×12,170×16

Prowler (steel skiis on rubber floor) push down & pull back with belt attached to hips: 370,440,440,370 (weight on the sled)

Standing Calf Raises: 8 sets

Seated Calf Raises: 6 sets

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

Thursday 7/31 and Friday 8/1 Workouts

Chest & Arms

Incline D-Bell Press: 4 warm-up sets + 4 working sets i’m probably not going to bother with D-Bell presses anymore, because my left shoulder has been giving me issues when I press from a pronated position, especially with any decent amount of weight. I am going to go back to doing lots of D-Bell Flys. They have always been more effective for me and they don’t bother the shoulder because the neutral hand position is friendlier. Push-up, flys, dips are all fine.

Supersetted with incline sit-ups: 15,15,15

Bar Curls: 110×12,130×8,140×6,110×12,70×20

Weighted Dips: 45 lbs x 29,20,18,18,16

Close Grip Chest Press on machine: 4 sets

Tricep Rope Pushdown: 75×12,12,12, 60 x 30

Cable Flys: 120 x14,10,10

Seated Lateral D-Bell Raises: 35’s x15,15,15,15 superset w/ Hanging Leg Raises: 12,12,12

Push-ups w/ feet Elevated, hands on d-bells: 3 sets to failure

Cable Crunches: 10×16,16,16

One issues i’ve been having over the last month is that my weight has been way too low. I have been maintaining around 213 lbs in the late spring and early summer. At that time my activity level was even higher…I was doing a lot of landscaping, extra conditioning workouts outside my main workouts, playing hockey, etc. Since then I have temporarily cut a lot of that stuff out to allow greater recovery, but strangely my weight dropped well to under 210 (despite eating a lot of food). One of my goals is to put 10 lbs back on in the next 8 months in order to have a better starting point. I have competed around 198-200 lbs, so I should not be weighing 207-209 in the off-season.

Friday 8/1 Legs & Back

Giant Sets:

Sumo Deadlifts: 135×10,225×5,315×5,405×5,455×5,500×5,520×5,540×5,4 25×15

Standing Calf Raises on York Squat Machine: 6plx10,8plx10,10plx10,12plx10,12plx10,12plx10,12pl x10

Weighted underhand Pull-ups: 45 lbs x 10,9,8,7

(Deadlifts still have a long way to go before getting back to where they once were, but at least they are improving...I lost significant strength on my high end with lifts like deads during the year leading up to my surgery. Working my best to get back up to speed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbmGa...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x7Yp...ature=youtu.be

Supeset:

H-Squat: 4plx10,8plx10,10plx10,10plx10,10plx10,8plx30

Close Grip Pull Downs: 200×12,220×10,240×8,240×8,240×8,220×10

Walking Lunges

set 1: 50 lb D-Bells + 40 lbs chains around neck

set 2: 60 lb D-Bells + 60 lbs chains around neck

set 2: 60 lb D-Bells + 60 lbs chains around neck

Glute Ham Raises w/ 25 lb plate: 3 sets x 10 reps

Prowler Push/Row: 280,320,340,300

superset w/ Seated Calf Raises: 3pl x16,16,16
    Last edited by Animal76; 08-02-2014 at 09:31 AM.

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

Take out the H T T P S and replace with HTTP so the videos work.

dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How do you like the sumo deads. When did you change from traditional to sumo?

Take out the H T T P S and replace with HTTP so the videos work.
    done

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dam225 View Post
    GLAD to see these guys back in here
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Originally Posted by dam225 View Post
    I started incorporating them several months ago, so i'm still getting used to them. I never did much with sumo prior. Most weeks I do alternating sets between using the Dead Squat Bar (which is like a oversized trap bar) and sumo deads with barbell. I often end up doing 10 sets total. I sometimes work in SLDLs, but I haven't done traditional barbell deads in a while.

There's a lot of ham/glute focus on the sumo and much less back involvement, with the exception of the traps (which get pretty lit up doing sumos)...by doing both trap bar and sumo in the same workout you pretty much destroy everything!

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

Dead Squat Bar

Here's a picture of the Dead Squat Bar

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net

Saturday Morning Conditioning Workout

I decided to throw in an extra workout this morning, so I did a lit bit of conditioning.

I performed several rounds of the following circuit

Prowler push/pull

Cable Curls

Standing Calf Raises

Battle Ropes

Crunches

after doing quite a few rounds of this I did several rounds hitting the heavy bag.

It was a good alternative HIIT style workout, had me gasping for air, heart beating through my chest, physically uncomfortable and soaked in sweat, so I know I accomplished something.

-Emperor Palpatine

-Yoda

www.kurtweidner.net
    www.teamanimal.net