Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Idiocy

Back4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Back4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Back4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Back4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cabbages will fix that up, also stop creatine and go to a physician or something
    You Have To Be Healthy To Lose Fat, Not Lose Fat To Be Healthy.

Its Better To Lose A Good Game Then Win A Bad One.

musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500)
    strong 4 year bump

wtf?
    # Good Musical Taste Crew

***Anti-Broscientist Crew***
    **Never Ever getting a vasectomy crew**

1980carl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy creatine mouth ulcers

i too get mouth ulcers every time i use creatine .
    but huge ones . must be an allergic reaction or sumat .

dothrakhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy mouth ulcer using creatine

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
    Ive have come off the creatine now and i think i will for good. everytime i take it i get painfull mouth ulcers. Ulcers is suppose to be caused from lack of nutrition however i have been eating great and having all the daily food that i need. the only explination to it would have to be the creatine. ever since i have taken it away the mouth ulcers have disappered.
    Is this a regular thing among creatine users or is just a personl side affect???
    As I started in taking creatine, I also suffered from painful mouth ulcer. And a dry throat. Please Help.

xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've had mouth ulcers a few time ---- never from creatine I doubt it as I've had them without taking creatine. Probably caused by something else.

jottajowle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is an old post but I get ulcers and I can only put it down to creatine when I stop with it they disappear and when I start using creatine they come back even using different brands but still 100% pure

untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) untzxee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I can help

I'm not a doctor or anything but I think I know what's going on. Most of the guys on these forums are complete imbeciles and don't know what they're talking about. Now I know that Creatine monohydrate should not cause any mouth pain, but it's not impossible. Although, I can tell you from experience that's Creatine HCL. HCL, standing for hydroclric acid will most definitely cause some symptoms. If you want to research yourself just look up Hydrocloric Acid symptoms are there is your issue. My personal issue was indeed canker sores. With that aside, creatine is the most studied supp because it is used by so many people. The studies are always expanding however, I doubt that even after 20 more years of research our data will not be 100% accurate. Don't trust what most of these guys say because 75% of them are complete idiots. Good luck

Trax87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have the same reaction.

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
    Ive have come off the creatine now and i think i will for good. everytime i take it i get painfull mouth ulcers. Ulcers is suppose to be caused from lack of nutrition however i have been eating great and having all the daily food that i need. the only explination to it would have to be the creatine. ever since i have taken it away the mouth ulcers have disappered.
    Is this a regular thing among creatine users or is just a personl side affect???
    I have been taking creatine monohydrate for about two months now. The last couple of weeks I have had a crazy amount of canker sores form inside my mouth. On top of that, a constant sore throat. I believe it's an allergic reaction to the creatine finally kicking in. My diet has not changed, I do not have herpies. I have only ever had 1 or 2 canker sores at a time before this.

Goodbye creatine. I guess it's not for everyone.

chmubarak is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy I got same thing

I was using Muscletech Creatine. May be its fake one.

zikontos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i am having the same issue

I know its an old thread but wanted to share my experience also, I started taking ON Creatine and starting the loading week with 20mg a day but had to stop in 3 days as it gave me a lot of mouth ulcers. Guess some reaction to the creatine. Also not saying creatine is not good or anything, just that it does happen to few people and other should respect that rather than blaming the guys who have this issue.

sos00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow! it's a long running thread but I'm happy that I've found this to share my similar experience. I'm also getting mouth ulcers when I start taking creatine, I'm using pure monohydrate creatine and I'm using top notch high quality brands such as ON and BSN. I don't use loading phase, so it's just 5g per day, and usually the mouth ulcers appears after the first 3-4 days of taking the supplement.

The other weird thing is that I also had the same experience with Whey Protein (ON), but in that situation I could have blamed added flavors and other chemicals in the powder, but for pure creatine? I don't know.
    So I guess IT COULD BE an allergic reaction, and yes people not everybody would get the same side effect so if you're not experiencing something it doesn't mean that doesn't exists, it could highly be related to your genetics and how your body react. My body is susceptible to get mouth ulcers (canker sores a.k.a aphthous ulcers) whenever I'm under too much stress or when my body get weak, but I didn't know that sport supplements also can play a role in that.

Also like other peoples on this thread I'm getting good amount of nutrition and vitamins, good amount of rest, etc. and when I stop using the supplement the sores would disappear after a few days.

cruisrad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After battling the same issue as mentioned by people in previous posts, I stumbled across this thread trying to find some answers, and believe my canker sores/mouth ulcers are being caused by my creatine supplementation.
    I have been using Con-Cret creatine HCL for a few weeks, for the umpteenth time, and am encountering severe mouth ulcers. Gargling hot salty water 3 times and day and taking L-Lysine is having little impact overall, although the gargling definitely helps over the following couple of hours. The only other supplement I use is ON Hydro Whey, and my diet is clean. For those easily affected by mouth ulcers I recommend looking in to your toothpaste to check it doesn’t contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate) as this also causes them.
    I’m 43 and have used various forms of creatine on and off for 15+ years — I will be abstaining from using any forms of creatine for a good few months, and ultimately won’t be using creatine HCL avain. I may try standard monohydrate again to see how that goes.

Thanks to those who have posted their experiences, it has been very helpful.