Apollo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Apollo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginner routine

Monday... Chest, Triceps and Shoulders
    Tuesday... Back and Biceps
    Wednesday... Legs and abs
    Thursday... Same as Monday
    Friday.... Same as Tuesday
    Saturday... Same as Wednesday
    Sunday... Rest

Someone suggested I do this as a beginner, and since i'm young (16).

I should do this for 3 months, he said, and then go to a normal 1x/week bodypart routine, and then change up my routine every 6 weeks after that..

What do you guys think?

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

I'm sure why the guy would recommend that to you, is based on the fact that since you are a new lifter, it makes logical sense that you haven't learned your body yet, and you can't fully exhaust your muscles, as more advanced lifters can.. As a newbie, you haven't learned techniques and ways to fully train the muscle into hypertrophy.. Also as a newbie, you will see results in almost any routine, being that you are shocking your muscles from the first time..
    However, I would still suggest going to a once a day routine right in the beginning.. So sense in pushing your body TOO hard in the beginning. It takes time and patience, both of which you, as a young lifter, has..

Registered User BodybuildingKid's Avatar
    BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can do that routine, but i wouldn't... i think its ridiculous (but thats me) , its worth a try. (if u think u can hack it)

pz
    "Observe not that which is seen, but that which is not seen." -Dennis Nackord , Kenpo Karate System.

"No pain no ****in gain, GO PSYCHO U ****IN PUSSY, UP THAT ****IN WEIGHT, UP THEM REPS BITCH RAHH"

"I beleive that everything you do bad, comes back to you. So everything i do bad, im going to suffer for it.. But in my heart.. i beleive what i am doin is right.. So i feel like i am going to heaven" - Tupac Shakur June '96

US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    reminds me of when i use to do bis and chest every other day

Apollo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Apollo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm..

I'll take your advice BH.. But how soon should I change up my routine then? Every 6 weeks? Do I just change the order of stuff or do something totally different like Shoulders and Triceps instead of Chest and Triceps?

thanks

Registered User BodybuildingKid's Avatar
    BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Apollo
    Hmm..

I'll take your advice BH.. But how soon should I change up my routine then? Every 6 weeks? Do I just change the order of stuff or do something totally different like Shoulders and Triceps instead of Chest and Triceps?

thanks
    Actually change the exercises too.... shocks them more...

like if your doin over-the-head tricep extensions for 5 weeks, change to skull crushers... etc

if you follow the routine you posted, i highly doubt your gettin enough rest... you need more rest than that.. you don't grow in the gym ...
    "Observe not that which is seen, but that which is not seen." -Dennis Nackord , Kenpo Karate System.

"No pain no ****in gain, GO PSYCHO U ****IN PUSSY, UP THAT ****IN WEIGHT, UP THEM REPS BITCH RAHH"

"I beleive that everything you do bad, comes back to you. So everything i do bad, im going to suffer for it.. But in my heart.. i beleive what i am doin is right.. So i feel like i am going to heaven" - Tupac Shakur June '96

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Originally posted by Apollo
    Hmm..

thanks
    The most important thing you must do is keep a journal. It benefits you to know how far you have come on this routine. When your gains stop, time to switch up the routine..
    Many ways to switch it up.. Try a different training system, different reps/sets, excersises, etc..

MR.BIGpecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    work each bodypart 2 times a week.
    10 sets for the smaller muscles, and 12sets for the bigger muscles.
    then in a couple months train each bodypart 3 times a week.
    10 sets for smaller muscle groups and 12 sets for larger muscle groups.

eat lots of healthy high in protein food.

*trust me i'm way more jacked then most these other teens.
    mr.real@juno.com

Thumbs up

Monday
    --------------
    Incline Bench Press
    Flat BP
    Flyes
    Dips
    Skull Crushers

Tuesday
    -----------
    Squats
    Front Squats
    Leg Extensions
    Calf Raises
    Depth Jumps
    Weighted Crunches
    Hanging Leg Raises
    Hanging Twist Leg Raises

Wednesday - OFF

Thursday
    ------------
    Deadlift
    Chins
    DB Rows
    Standing Barbell Curls
    Concentration Curls
    Hammer Curls

Friday
    --------
    Shrugs
    Clean & Press
    Front DB raises
    Military Press
    Weighted Crunches
    Hanging Leg Raises
    Hanging Twist Leg Raises

Saturday - OFF
    Sunday - OFF

That's what i'm gonna start with, I think. In 6 weeks, should I do something different, even if i'm still making gains..... What should I change? How do you know what rep/sets to do?

I don't know what i'll be doing for reps and sets, I was thinking 3 x 8 for everything.. Should I do a warm up set on each day of the first exercise (Incline BP for monday)... 1 x 20 reps?

MrBiGPECS.. Feel free to post a pic

Thanks

Oh, and BigH, what do you think of T-mags Meltdown training and German Body Composition?

I might just try one of those for a starter routine...

What do you think about low reps, more weight....

5 sets of 3...

Or would high reps, 3 sets of 10-12 be better?

Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That seems like overkill to me. I'd workout 3x a week max starting out. Something like Tuesday: chest, shoulders, tris, Thursday: Legs, back, bis. And on friday: chest, shoulders, tris again.

Next tuesday do legs back bis, and continue in this alternating method, lifting for no more than an hour, and then cardio.
    Stimulate, don't annihilate.

Legs and back same day?

THat'd mean i'd do deads and squats on the same day...

What lifts should I do for those days?

And when should I switch to a different/normal routine?