Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

2 finger push ups?

Hey im new to this site, and was wondering how many of u guys have ever tried doing a push up with just the thumb and first finger of each hand? Bruce Lee could do them with just one arm lol I saw it on his DVD. And also, its common knowledge that if uve got strong biceps youll be able to do slightly more chin ups and so on, so if you say worked on your triceps more do you think that this would increase the ammount of total push ups u can do?

user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i say it would just give you more balance + showing off

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    that's going to be more about technique and balance than anything else. i don't think if you could do them it'd directly translate over, but then again, it may, i dunno, i've never seen it done so it's too hard to say.
    <->

YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you can do a normal pushup chances are you could probably do a 2 fingered one.

Theres not reallt any point though it just puts more strain on your fingers instead of your arms, try one handed pushups.

Depends how you train though, if you want to do loads of pushups you train with high reps which will build up your endurance muscles in your arm so even though you wont look very big your still be able to do lots of pushups.

Thats what bruce lee done i think, mainly worked on speed endurance and strength rather then size.
    Last edited by Ace_2004; 12-28-2004 at 08:16 PM.

MaxMania2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxMania2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxMania2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxMania2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxMania2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxMania2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so what. bruce lee was always going on about not showing off but this is just showing off.

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We used to do push ups on our knuckles, fingertips, and using two fingers in my advanced adults Tae Kwan Do class. These techniques are used to toughen the hands and fingers for striking. We didn't do them that often, but I guess it is what my teacher was taught when he was in the army after the Korean war. You are not going to get a lot of use out of these for building your upper or lower arms. I would suggest more traditional lifting methods to make your arms bigger!
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe he wanted stronger fingers so he break a wall with em or somin... as for not showing off... er... what?

YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deserusan
    We used to do push ups on our knuckles, fingertips, and using two fingers in my advanced adults Tae Kwan Do class. These techniques are used to toughen the hands and fingers for striking. We didn't do them that often, but I guess it is what my teacher was taught when he was in the army after the Korean war. You are not going to get a lot of use out of these for building your upper or lower arms. I would suggest more traditional lifting methods to make your arms bigger!
    I heard somewhere that doing pushups on your knuckles will **** them up later on in life from arthritis.

But i could be wrong.

Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ace_2004
    I heard somewhere that doing pushups on your knuckles will **** them up later on in life from arthritis.

But i could be wrong.
    Arthritis in an inflamation of the bursa around a joint.

I like fisted pushups more because it feels less straining on the wrist itself and on the large nerve bundle (think its the carpral).

ryu3334444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    old schol karate "masters" punched trees w/fists to train. once in a while when i was in okinawa i would see a old guy w/flat nuckles.lol. bruce lee was not about showing off. you guys think its showing off because every thing he did looked so good.lol. like he said. if your in a fight. you better make sure you trained every part of your body.peace

Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lynx_land has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Ace_2004
    If you can do a normal pushup chances are you could probably do a 2 fingered one.

Theres not reallt any point though it just puts more strain on your fingers instead of your arms, try one handed pushups.

Depends how you train though, if you want to do loads of pushups you train with high reps which will build up your endurance muscles in your arm so even though you wont look very big your still be able to do lots of pushups.

Thats what bruce lee done i think, mainly worked on speed endurance and strength rather then size.
    Errrrr....what?? Id say the chance is pretty high that practically everybody, and certainly the vast majority of people on this website can do a regular push up. Infact hunderds and hundreds of people at my school can do them. But none I asked (apart from the russian who showed me them in the first place) can do a 2 fingered one. And I do one handed regularly as well. (im a push up fenatic) lol.

So anyway ure saying that even when training with weights, if i were to train the triceps for endurance (high reps) that would probably help my max push up? I achieved my record last night (90 straight) but i still want improvment. Thanx.

Machine0110 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Working tricep strength will increase the amount of push ups you can do, but make sure you're doing core workouts and not bulking ones cause they'll decrease your stamina. Triceps are primarily used when pushing (like push ups) while biceps are more used when pulling (like pull ups), but you should make sure exercise both equally. Finger push ups use the muscles in your hands mainly. If you clench your fist and feel between your thumb and index while placing another finger below the pinky, those are the muscles that will be tested during fingertip push ups (depending on which fingers you're using, using all would work both sides). 2 fingers hurt the first few times, even with high grip strength. So make sure your fists are like rocks before you try them and obviously start with all fingers, otherwise you might strain your fingers to the point where you can't use them for a few days (at best) which would be counterproductive.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Machine0110 View Post
    Working tricep strength will increase the amount of push ups you can do, but make sure you're doing core workouts and not bulking ones cause they'll decrease your stamina. Triceps are primarily used when pushing (like push ups) while biceps are more used when pulling (like pull ups), but you should make sure exercise both equally. Finger push ups use the muscles in your hands mainly. If you clench your fist and feel between your thumb and index while placing another finger below the pinky, those are the muscles that will be tested during fingertip push ups (depending on which fingers you're using, using all would work both sides). 2 fingers hurt the first few times, even with high grip strength. So make sure your fists are like rocks before you try them and obviously start with all fingers, otherwise you might strain your fingers to the point where you can't use them for a few days (at best) which would be counterproductive.
    Check dates on threads, you responded to a post that has been inactive for 14 years.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Machine0110 View Post
    Waiting patiently for your personal instructional video........
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    Waiting patiently for your personal instructional video........
    lol i chuckled lol!