Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Pics of my X-Ray (broken leg) Rod, Plates, Screws

ANYONE ELSE EVER F*CK UP THIER LEG THIS BAD?

horrible ****..happened 7 weeks ago...should be off the crutches and walking fine in about 2 months...i can still drive cause its my left leg so i get around but it sucks....check them out

physical therapy starts 3x a week starting this week...im drinking lots of milk, taking calcium, vitamins, and i use a bone stimulator..
    Attached Images
    -= GO EXTREME OR DON'T GO AT ALL=-

EAT, SLEEP, TRAIN, READ, GROW.

GymRat06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Daaaaaaaamn dude..Hope you get well fast so you can come back to liftin for the leg part atleast..How did you do it?

Get well bro

Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by brian9

horrible ****..happened 7 weeks ago...should be off the crutches and walking fine in about 2 months...i can still drive cause its my left leg so i get around but it sucks....check them out

physical therapy starts 3x a week starting this week...im drinking lots of milk, taking calcium, vitamins, and i use a bone stimulator..
    i twisted my leg on a x bike 360 one time

brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brian9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by GymRat06
    Daaaaaaaamn dude..Hope you get well fast so you can come back to liftin for the leg part atleast..How did you do it?

Get well bro
    thanks man, i hope so too....i havnt even been lifting my upper body much since it happened either..i will be back in the gym within 20 days though. believe it or not i was wrestling with a bigger kid (like 200lbs) ..i am 5'6 145 ... he came down with all of his weight the wrong way on my leg...broke my fibula, tibia and shattered my ankle.

the doc says all of that hardware is supposed to stay in forever (its titanium) as long as it dosnt bother me....the rod should never be a problem, but if anything bothers me it will probably be the plates over my ankle im moving to vegas at the end of july, so as long as im close to 100% by then (7 months from now) i am happy...so im takin it easy and doin it right.

Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Recruit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Marine005
    i twisted my leg on a x bike 360 one time
    wtf?

Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Holy crap, I cant belive that one dude could fuk up your leg like that. Are you going to be able to do squats again?

djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool

Just listen to what your physical therapists tell you to do and don't try to cut corners thinking you will get back faster, doesn't happen.

If you follow what they tell ya to do you should be fine. The xrays look like you had a good surgeon and he knew what he was doing. Just don't push yourself to rush back. These injuries take time to heal thoroughly despite the time frame they tell you.

Your young and strong so you have that working in your favor. Will be looking forward to seeing you back in action when things heal.

Don
    djc

Originally Posted by djc1
    Just listen to what your physical therapists tell you to do and don't try to cut corners thinking you will get back faster, doesn't happen.

If you follow what they tell ya to do you should be fine. The xrays look like you had a good surgeon and he knew what he was doing. Just don't push yourself to rush back. These injuries take time to heal thoroughly despite the time frame they tell you.

Your young and strong so you have that working in your favor. Will be looking forward to seeing you back in action when things heal.

Don
    thanks man ... and yes i will be able to do squats again one day. My surgeon is one of the best in the area, he did a flawless job. This hardware is supposed to stay in my leg forever?..i dont see how that could be possible, but if he says so. I'm not rushing this at all, i know what you mean and i understand it takes time...the only time frame im giving myself, is that im praying im close to 100% by the end of July (that will be 7+ months away) i am moving to vegas and will be working/going to school fulltime..i will need to be on my feet all day...i think thats a legitimate successful time frame. im not going back to school this spring semester so im just going to recover and get ready to move. Thanks

djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool

Great to hear that your surgeon was that good Brian, and yeah, that hardware will always be there. Better to have it there than to have them go in and try to remove it. The 7 months time frame is possible and you should be back in good form by then, if not April or May.

The Vegas move sounds good, wish I was going there myself as I am getting tired of the cold and snow. Although it is nice to look at, the driving in it is starting to get to me. I have a friend who lives there and one of my guys lives there also.

Good luck in school and with your job bro. Between now and then, take things easy, let the ladies pamper you to death, or as much as possible, and then roar back like a lion just in time to arrive in LV!

Keep in touch and let me know how your therapy and recovery is going. Feel free to IM me or PM if you want.

Don

PS What are you going to study in school and what kind of job did you get?
    djc

Formerly known as K'Ching K_Ching's Avatar
    K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50) K_Ching will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bulk

ANDROGENICALLY DINABOLTED Audiowaves252's Avatar
    Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    get well soon bro

moto21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, that looks pretty sick...I broke my radius and ulna 2 years ago in my wrist and got 7 screws and a titanium plate about the size of a bic. razor. My doc said that same thing about keeping it in forever, I ride motocross and it hasnt bothered me at all. When i lift it hurts somtimes but doesnt last for long. You'll be fine as long as ya got a good doc. and do what they say. I know alot of people that have had similar injuries and got hardware in their legs and your 7 month goal sounds really reasonable. You'll be amazed at the progress you'll make. Good Luck!

thanks everyone..so physical therapy starts tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. is there any way to tell if my phsyical therapist is good / is well equipped, etc. ? since ive never been to one, i think that i would believe anything was good. i have heard from different local people "this ones good, that one isnt" but it seems like everyone has their own opinion. btw, my major is real estate. (commercial)

You will be able to tell if your therapists are good after you go there, thats how I found out that mine were good. You can really tell if someone really wants to get you back to functioning soon and how much they care after the first visit. You moving to Vegas to get into real estate or just finish school? Just curious.. Good Luck

Originally Posted by moto21
    You will be able to tell if your therapists are good after you go there, thats how I found out that mine were good. You can really tell if someone really wants to get you back to functioning soon and how much they care after the first visit. You moving to Vegas to get into real estate or just finish school? Just curious.. Good Luck
    im moving to vegas to get my real estate degree and to get into real estate also. i will be getting my license when i get out there, as well as attending UNLV with the real estate major. Nevada/Arizona R.E is BOOMING...although ultimatley I am intending to go into the commercial aspect (net leasing, office leasing, etc.) but you've got to start somewhere, right?

Vegas is probably the place to be for real estate....Good place to start also. Im thinking about something in business and real estate has always been an interest
    Last edited by moto21; 12-26-2004 at 07:40 PM.

Cool

Moto is right on about the therapist. One thing that is very important is that they explain to you what they plan on doing to you BEFORE you actually do it. Sit down with them tomorrow and talk with them having them explain what the plan of action will be. If they are any good they will gladly do this.

If at any time you feel uncomfortable or have pain, by all means tell them. While their goal is to get you back and into the mainstream as soon as possible, sometimes they have you do things when your muscles or bones aren't ready to it. If that happens, they need to know it hurts or bothers you.

Finally, consult your surgeon as to what he feels is a good time to end. He will probably see you a few times between now and the end of therapy and will diagnois your progress too. Therapists are great people but sometimes they will simply string you along for unnecessary time. Work with your Dr. to chart a time. You can always go back to the therapist if necessary.

Your in good shape Brian and your therapy should be pretty easy for you to do. I am sure that if you follow their directions you will be back in the gym and hitting the weights in no time.

Good luck and we'll keep in touch with ya as you go along to see how you are doing.

Don
    djc

makin' women stronger strongwhit's Avatar
    strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    one word, wow
    - whits farm
    arms: 12.6"
    forearms: 10"
    thighs: 21"
    calves: 14"
    weight: 106 lbs
    sex: woman

max bench:155 lbs 8 reps

Originally Posted by djc1
    Moto is right on about the therapist. One thing that is very important is that they explain to you what they plan on doing to you BEFORE you actually do it. Sit down with them tomorrow and talk with them having them explain what the plan of action will be. If they are any good they will gladly do this.

If at any time you feel uncomfortable or have pain, by all means tell them. While their goal is to get you back and into the mainstream as soon as possible, sometimes they have you do things when your muscles or bones aren't ready to it. If that happens, they need to know it hurts or bothers you.

Finally, consult your surgeon as to what he feels is a good time to end. He will probably see you a few times between now and the end of therapy and will diagnois your progress too. Therapists are great people but sometimes they will simply string you along for unnecessary time. Work with your Dr. to chart a time. You can always go back to the therapist if necessary.

Your in good shape Brian and your therapy should be pretty easy for you to do. I am sure that if you follow their directions you will be back in the gym and hitting the weights in no time.

Good luck and we'll keep in touch with ya as you go along to see how you are doing.

Don
    thanks Don, your right and I will keep you updated. I appreciate everyones support, this kind of thing really sucks, but its a good thing im only twenty years old

AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wish you a speedy recovery!

unbelievable.

first day of physical therapy...to make a long story short, i dropped the crutches and i WALKED!! (with my boot on). the physical therapist couldnt believe it ... she says the way i am tolerating the pain i should be up and walking with no crutches in 2 weeks. havn't walked since halloween it feels unbelievable... ive got a LOT of work to do in P.T as i basically have lost all the muscle in my calf. but im psyched and im determined. THANKS!

Britishbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britishbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great stuff bro, keep us informed with your training you'll prob wanna hit the weights as hard as ever.
    height: 5.11ft weight: 69KG-153pnds

lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lube job has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

sorry about that!

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn. Hope you heal quickly. Things could always be worse but that was a bad break. You'll have stories to tell at least with steel in your body. It's going to be fun going through airports I would imagine. Do you have to carry some ID saying you have metal in your body?
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i wish u the best of luck in rehab buddy. i hope u can recover. remember anything is possible; look at other people that have been injured like that and recovered for motivation. good luck
    **** yea im gona bulk again. goin for 210lbs this time then cut for summer. uh oh here we go. max-ot style.

Originally Posted by Overload
    Damn. Hope you heal quickly. Things could always be worse but that was a bad break. You'll have stories to tell at least with steel in your body. It's going to be fun going through airports I would imagine. Do you have to carry some ID saying you have metal in your body?
    well its titanium, the doctor says its not supposed to set off a metal detector. but i will have to confirm that again before i travel the next time.

fmg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    jesus christ that looks like some painful shiz

Smile

I always enjoy annoying with the renta cops at places that have metal detectors but unfortunately my titanium hardware in my wrist does not set off metal detectors....you can tell its there though if you hold a magnet up to my arm

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have never seen a rod put into a tibia before!! Must have different medical practices over there, probably a bit of overkill to avoid being sued. It is a major piece of hardware to have in there though.

Over here, hardare is mostly removed at about 12 months, unless the person is too old or the trauma of removing the surgery is too great compared to the risks of leaving it in. However, titanium is not bone, and it is a foreign object in your body.

Physiotherapy in the US is a problem, as discomfort is often required, and some aggravation of pain can occur: this is normally a good way to get sued. Fortunately, we are a bit more savvy with treatment here and don't have to treat people with cotton wool.

You will know when it is time to cease treatment because you will have achieved a satisfactory level of function. It iss impossible to accurately predict how long that will take, at best, a rough idea can be made. Rehab is roughly calculated to be 100-150% of the immobilisation time (7 weeks in your case) so rehab may be up to 10 weeks.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) war bird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks everyone..so physical therapy starts tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. is there any way to tell if my phsyical therapist is good / is well equipped, etc. ? since ive never been to one, i think that i would believe anything was good. i have heard from different local people "this ones good, that one isnt" but it seems like everyone has their own opinion. btw, my major is real estate. (commercial)
    let us know how it goes
    Roaming like a lion to make war.