linebacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine Non-Responder; Tried Swole & Kre-Alkalyn (long read but cliffs ver @ bottom)

I am the type of person who is always skeptical of any kinds of supplelents. Just take a look at the the claims that muscletech puts on their ads. Or even creatine serum - plain BS. I've always been a non-responder when it comes to supplements. In the past I have been mostly an on/off lifter. I'd be into it for 5 or so months and be out of it for 5. But during the times I am on, the dedication is definitely there. I get in plenty of good calories all throughout the day and plenty of protien, so don't be quick to question my dedication just because I say that I am a non-responder. I am 22 years old, 5'9" 180lbs, but I've been up to 200lbs before. I am an ectomorph so I am a hard gainer also. I lose weight if I don't work out.

I've never had the kinds of results people claim from taking glutamine, creatine, liver tabs, etc. I've tried different kinds of creatine - micronized, non-micronized, etc. Whether I am using these supplements or not, my gains seem to come from my diet and excercise. I don't "feel" any different from being on or off them. Therefore I usually just wrote off supplements and people's claims using them as possible placebo effect. I always felt it was unfair that everyone uses creatine and gets all these "proven" results, yet I saw no significant difference whatsoever.

The only thing that worked for me was (well obviously protien, but that goes without question) was M1T. I cycled it about 6 months ago and gained some weight and strength, but I got injured (it had nothing to do with the PH use) playing tackle football with some friends. I haven't touched a single weight since my injury until last week. That's when I first heard of Kre-Alkalyn and CEE. I decided to go with the Kre-Alkalyn just because it was cheaper. I also decided to add Swole V9 as well just for ****s and giggles. Let me tell ya, I've had two workouts so far (and both have been that crappy workout - you know, where you're just getting back into it and you don't want to be so sore that you can't walk the next few days - nowhere near the intensity of my regular workouts) But being on these two different creatine supplements, my muscles feel more pumped and vascular throughout the day. It's freaking awesome, I'm so glad there is creatine that actually works for me!! I know I sound like some muscletech ad, but no, really it's working.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a Kre-Alkalyn sackrider and say it's better than CEE, since I've never tried CEE. On top of that, I am also using Swole V9 so it could be that, and not the Kre-Alkalyn. Who knows, but one of these or both of these are definitely the ****!!! I can't wait until this soreness goes away and I can get in some good reps on the iron.

CLIFFS: Non responder to creatine monohydrate tries Kre-Alkalyn and Swole V9, sees results for the first time with a creatine supplement. Can't really fully hype either product since I am not sure which is the one working (or if it's both) but something is definitely different.
    Last edited by linebacker; 12-25-2004 at 05:21 PM.
    Whoever dies with the most toys wins!