Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Disenfranchised View Post
    Guys I'm having my first match next Saturday. Doing the dance, if you will, with one of my trustworthy trainers who will surely beat my ass to a bloody pulp. I've been training for over a year because I didn't want to show off my skills until I'm decently polished in the ring. Hopefully I make my way over to ROH within the next year, that's my first goal. Then I want to get Japan on my resume. **** the WWE.
    There isn't anything wrong with having goals. But to be honest why don't you work on actually getting through a single match before you say "ROH within the next year..."

I've been a nice guy on these boards when I usually have something to say. I'm always willing to give good advice. You see, I'm not here to put myself over. That's not how I conduct my life and it's not how I work in the business. But right now I'm really pissed off by these green kids putting themselves over and not having any respect for the business. You see, you've been training physically, but you didn't pick up anything mentally. What "skills" exactly are you showing off? More importantly, why are you showing off? I'm not saying you didn't put in hard work. I'm not saying that you haven't acquired the ability to do moves and spots with crispness. But you want to "show off"? Let me tell you something, I'm not going to let you s**t on everyone by making that statement; or that by thinking that without ever working a show that you're going to be in ROH in a year. You might be the drizzling s**ts. Saying these things is like someone who wants to be an actor saying "I've watched hundreds of films, read the biographies of all the great actors, I can memorized an entire stageplay without having anyone feed me lines---I'm ready for Broadway!" See, most of you talk about wrestling in here, but very few of you understand all the intricacies. You haven't worked in front of people who want their money's worth yet, you might be your harshest critic, but a live show is a LIVE show. Once you get a few (dozen) of those under your belt, then maybe you can begin to get a real feel for your "skills."

You can't talk about getting Japan on your f**king resume because YOU DON'T HAVE ONE! Some of you pricks need to learn a little modesty. Why not "I'd like to be good enough to work in Japan someday"? Or you can be earnest and still modest: "My goal is to work in Japan someday." See? Not that hard to have a bit of respect and say what you want.

Speaking of respect, it's not what happens in the ring that gets you to ROH or Japan. If you get in that ring, it's EXPECTED that you can work. It's what happens when the fans aren't looking. It's how you interact with promoters and bookers and your fellow workers. It's if you get to shows on time, bust your ass putting the ring up, doing whatever the promoter needs of you, and then maybe having a match or doing a run-in or whatever. It's if you stay and break down the ring without having to be asked and if you remember to say thank you and talk to EVERYONE---even the guy sweeping the floor. That's how you get places.

Yeah, this was a bit long-winded, but I don't want you to think that you can just say what you want and some vet won't bust you back down because it's on bb.com

Originally Posted by chisle94 View Post
    So the news came down today and I did an interview. After the interview, I look over and Trevor (one of our trainers) called me over. He told me to get into the ring. He said, "You know how I said, you're almost ready?" I told him I did, and he extended his hand and he said, "Congrats, kid, you're first match is on television."

We locked up and we went to work; He let me get some offence in, but he controlled it and rightfully so. Halfway through the match, I had him in a chin lock and while I had it locked in, through his gritted teeth, selling, he said, "You're gonna be good, Danny. You have so much potential." We finished the match and afterwards, I shook his hand and told him how much I appreciated it. He called me back into the ring and he said, "Between you and me, you're our guy here. You're doing us all well by being here and I can't wait to work shows with you." He told me there were a few things I messed up within the context of the match but he assured me that I was good to go. He also said, "Me and Andy (the other trainer) really need to add Tuesday and Thursday classes just for you because we need to get you doing more advanced stuff."

There's been no turning back since I began on Monday and after only having 3 sessions under my belt, it seems as if I'm really making an impression. Thanks for all of your support, guys... I really do appreciate all of it.
    Now, as for you kid. Stop. My advice to you is to stop. You come on here and you put yourself over? Oh hell no. It's one thing to come on here and chronicle your journey to becoming a worker. It's another to do what you're doing. I've kicked a kid in the face for doing what you're doing. You don't know S**T, you runt. Someone needs to smarten you up with a couple of good shots. I swear, I could make one freakin' phone call and bust you back down in seconds. No one---and I mean NO ONE---is even close to ready after three sessions. You know how I know you aren't? Because you're on here telling people someone said you're ready. When I read that, I knew either you're lying, your trainers were lying, or they just aren't good trainers. How often has B-boy even been there? I know he wouldn't be saying that crap.

As a matter of fact, I'm straight up calling you a liar, no bones about it. The way I see it, you won't come clean because if you do, you lose face here amongst your friends. Three sessions in and you're learning a Universal? Wow, you're so full of crap. And if they (not B-Boy I can tell) are teaching you that on your third day, you're totally screwed. You probably don't even understand the nuances of a lockup or even why they're done that particular way and you're doing a Universal...

Whatever. Yeah, you might think I'm trying to keep you down but you just don't listen. You see, I don't get on here and namedrop who I've worked with because I'm not trying to get over. And if you had listened to me in the first place you'd probably gotten some credible training and just kept your mouth shut. At this rate, you're just another backyarder who doesn't get it. All I ever did was give you solid advice. Not a thing that would grant me personal gain, but what would be good for you.

Maybe you'll read this and straighten out. Maybe you'll learn a little respect. Maybe you'll learn some ettiquette (not that they're teaching you). Maybe you'll manage to clean up this little mess and not be a stain in the world of professional wrestling. Maybe you'll actually become a respectable worker and a better person...

Look kid (and anyone else who reads this), call me what you want but know that in the end I love this business and I refuse to let anyone not even green enough to be allowed to work the gate to piss all over it. If I didn't have passion and respect for the business I wouldn't say anything. So if you're going to burn me you should probably look over my past posts here and see if I've tried to help others or if I've tried to bury them...
    There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?

twitter.com/RicEllis88 chisle94's Avatar
    chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I didn't come here to put myself over. I don't know **** about the business; you're right. What I said here was 100 percent fact. I never claimed to be God's gift to wrestling.

A week ago you said, "You did well listening to me" now you're saying I didn't do well because it's not a credible school. You're right; B-Boy didn't say **** to me because I've yet to meet him. He had an ulcer and he hasn't made it to one of the sessions yet. I didn't start this journal to hype myself up. If you don't believe me, fine. Then don't. And that goes to everyone else. If you guys don't believe me then don't. It's your personal preference. I didn't get involved in wrestling to show you or anyone else that I could make it after 3 sessions. I do it because I LOVE this business. If you know me, you know I love it. Ask any of the guys here that has had a convo with me outside the forums. I'm not going to debate with you -- this thread was made to help myself and keep people posted on what I've done. I experience it... I write it. If you don't believe it, it's not my problem.

And you say I know everything yet I'm the one who asks questions each session trying to better myself -- trying to do myself a better job. I never walked into training feeling I was the **** just because I've wrestled in my backyard. I told all the trainers beforehand and they accepted it. They all (with the exception of B-Boy) have complimented me. I choose to write those compliments down because I love hearing them. It makes me feel as if I'm doing a good job.
    Professional Wrestler since 2007 (Currently on hiatus)

Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @RicEllis88

“Being tired isn't an excuse. Winners never stop when they're tired; they stop when they're done. Make your mark.”

Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ri0t67 View Post
    There isn't anything wrong with having goals. But to be honest why don't you work on actually getting through a single match before you say "ROH within the next year..."

I've been a nice guy on these boards when I usually have something to say. I'm always willing to give good advice. You see, I'm not here to put myself over. That's not how I conduct my life and it's not how I work in the business. But right now I'm really pissed off by these green kids putting themselves over and not having any respect for the business. You see, you've been training physically, but you didn't pick up anything mentally. What "skills" exactly are you showing off? More importantly, why are you showing off? I'm not saying you didn't put in hard work. I'm not saying that you haven't acquired the ability to do moves and spots with crispness. But you want to "show off"? Let me tell you something, I'm not going to let you s**t on everyone by making that statement; or that by thinking that without ever working a show that you're going to be in ROH in a year. You might be the drizzling s**ts. Saying these things is like someone who wants to be an actor saying "I've watched hundreds of films, read the biographies of all the great actors, I can memorized an entire stageplay without having anyone feed me lines---I'm ready for Broadway!" See, most of you talk about wrestling in here, but very few of you understand all the intricacies. You haven't worked in front of people who want their money's worth yet, you might be your harshest critic, but a live show is a LIVE show. Once you get a few (dozen) of those under your belt, then maybe you can begin to get a real feel for your "skills."

You can't talk about getting Japan on your f**king resume because YOU DON'T HAVE ONE! Some of you pricks need to learn a little modesty. Why not "I'd like to be good enough to work in Japan someday"? Or you can be earnest and still modest: "My goal is to work in Japan someday." See? Not that hard to have a bit of respect and say what you want.

Speaking of respect, it's not what happens in the ring that gets you to ROH or Japan. If you get in that ring, it's EXPECTED that you can work. It's what happens when the fans aren't looking. It's how you interact with promoters and bookers and your fellow workers. It's if you get to shows on time, bust your ass putting the ring up, doing whatever the promoter needs of you, and then maybe having a match or doing a run-in or whatever. It's if you stay and break down the ring without having to be asked and if you remember to say thank you and talk to EVERYONE---even the guy sweeping the floor. That's how you get places.

Yeah, this was a bit long-winded, but I don't want you to think that you can just say what you want and some vet won't bust you back down because it's on bb.com

You're just jealous because I have high hopes.

ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're just jealous because I have high hopes.
    I'm jealous because I think you should display a little more respect and choose your words more carefully? You make it seem as if I said you'd never get to the places you want to be. If I had said that you'll never make to ROH or Japan, then you can call me jealous.

Look again. My words may have had some sting to them (and that was the purpose) but I left a lesson in there. I still gave you good info:

Originally Posted by ri0t67
    In your case, all I'm saying is it's an insult to everyone else who is busting their ass and paying dues to think that you're going to ROH in a year BEFORE you've had a single match. To be honest, I love to see people succeed. And if I didn't care to see you make it I would've just flatout flamed you. You're young and the wrestling landscape will probably change within the next five years. You've got time. But please, choose your words carefully when you talk (about wrestling) because you never know who's reading/listening.

Remember when you're working and you want to do big moves and highspots:

Excellence is doing ordinary things extrordinarily well.
    There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?

Originally Posted by chisle94 View Post
    I didn't come here to put myself over. I don't know **** about the business; you're right. What I said here was 100 percent fact. I never claimed to be God's gift to wrestling.

A week ago you said, "You did well listening to me" now you're saying I didn't do well because it's not a credible school. You're right; B-Boy didn't say **** to me because I've yet to meet him. He had an ulcer and he hasn't made it to one of the sessions yet. I didn't start this journal to hype myself up. If you don't believe me, fine. Then don't. And that goes to everyone else. If you guys don't believe me then don't. It's your personal preference. I didn't get involved in wrestling to show you or anyone else that I could make it after 3 sessions. I do it because I LOVE this business. If you know me, you know I love it. Ask any of the guys here that has had a convo with me outside the forums. I'm not going to debate with you -- this thread was made to help myself and keep people posted on what I've done. I experience it... I write it. If you don't believe it, it's not my problem.

And you say I know everything yet I'm the one who asks questions each session trying to better myself -- trying to do myself a better job. I never walked into training feeling I was the **** just because I've wrestled in my backyard. I told all the trainers beforehand and they accepted it. They all (with the exception of B-Boy) have complimented me. I choose to write those compliments down because I love hearing them. It makes me feel as if I'm doing a good job.
    So, I went back and looked over your posts in this thread...And you're putting yourself over before you've even really started.

If those guys were doing their job properly, you wouldn't be on here talking about doing an interview on the news or marking out over yourself because "your first match is on television." They wouldn't be telling you that you're ready on any level. If they were doing their job we'd be hearing about how much you love locking up a hundred times and how you're sore because you must've taken at least fifty bumps. We'd be reading about how awkward everyone looks running the ropes the first time or the nasty bruise you got from the ropes. I'm telling you these guys are blowing smoke up your ass. I've seen your backyard stuff---and even told you that I see the possibility, but you need to do it the right way. So, one part of the onus is on them.

But even still, you need to display some modesty. You need to...

Maybe I'm being hard on you. Maybe it's not your fault at all. You just don't know any better. They've got you doing armdrags when you should be learning headlocks and hammerlocks. You're doing spots when you should be doing crossover drills. They've got you doing interviews on the news when they should be having a session about ettiquette and respect. Maybe this isn't your fault at all.

Here's a quick rundown:

-Anyone who tells you things like "you're our guy" and "you're going to be so good" in your first two or three days in is not to be trusted. Let's face it, compliments feel good, but you have to have the good sense to know you shouldn't be getting certain kudos already.

-If you're doing armdrags that early in, the trainers aren't adequately caring for you or anyone else.

-Certain traditions still need to be observed on some level, but apparently your trainers don't think so. If they did, you wouldn't have been on camera outside of running drills. And you certainly wouldn't be on here saying the things you do.

-Take everything anyone says in this business with a grain of salt. If someone is putting you over, saying they can get you to this place or that place, they want to make you the next (your favorite wrestler here), just smile and say thanks. If you use common sense you can figure out who's real and who's BS.

-Perfect the TOTAL craft. Not just the moves and the mic work. TOTAL means busting the ring, observing ettiquette, checking your ego at the door, etc.

When I first started, I wasn't really a fan. My friends were. Because I was a bouncer and decently built they used to jokingly say I should become a wrestler. So, one day after I had moved away I had the opportunity to train to become a wrestler. I figured that I would do that for a couple of weeks and call back home and be like, "Guess what I'm doing? I'm a wrestler!" and have a good laugh about it. What actually happened was that I was trained by good people who have a great love for the business. People who have put their time in. People who understood that a good ref is the most important man in the ring. I got it---immediately. I never called home. I've never joked about it to my boys back home. They all know what I do now, but not a single person in my circle of family and friends think it's a joke. I don't put myself over to them. I don't tell anyone that this person or that person complimented me, because I get it. I know that people have had their eyes gouged out, arms broken, tire iron to the knee, and blacklisted for simply not giving the proper respect. Are those days gone? For the most part, yes...But not in spirit. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about the business and how I feel about a lack of respect. It was instilled in me by my trainers and THAT'S what I judge others I meet through my travels on. A handshake. A "thank you." An honest compliment or criticism. A basic understanding that we're "family" without it needing to be said aloud.

I know guys who I might think are horrible in the ring but do all the right things outside of it---and you know what? I'd rather work with them than have 30-minute classic with someone famous on a live PPV who treats everyone like s**t.

I know you want to be great. We all do. I know you enjoy hearing the good things, but you learn more from the bad things. I know you're probably not a bad kid, but right now you're coming off as arrogant. I don't know who's at the school, but I'm sure they didn't learn enough about respect to share it with you they way they should.

chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chisle94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is the thing I'm trying to get acrossed to you. If you were really that arrogant then I would have said I'm ready to work on shows and I'm setting myself to get in WWE in a year. If I were arrogant I'd say I don't even need to train and I'm better than everyone.

Before training, I went out in my ring and bumped until I couldn't get up anymore. I ran the ropes til I couldn't stand the pain anymore because my back was so brusied; then I did more bumps. When I got to the training, I was accustomed to the bumps. I was accustomed to running the ropes. It just so happens that apparently I either a) picked up on things without knowing it or b) I pick things up very quickly. Choose what you will, but like I said, I'm not God's gift to wrestling. I don't include my back being sore and my knee blowing out because everyone hears it -- it's the same ****. If you wrestle, you're sore and bruised up -- It's the same for everyone. And I don't go into training half assing it; I bust my ass each time I step foot inside the ropes. No exceptions and I will continue to do so.

“Being tired isn't an excuse. Winners never stop when they're tired; they stop when they're done. Make your mark.”

user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user239605087107802b has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't catch any arrogance coming from Danny's posts. JMO.

You (riot) are acting like it's a sin for someone to be enjoying thier craft. Who the hell is Danny putting himself over to in the WWE section of bb.com. Besides Moondoggey (we all know he's Vince McMahon, lol).

Danny, sounds like you're making awesome progress, keep it up. Would love to see some of your stuff on youtube. Congrats man, and keep positive.

Location: From Anywhere He Darn Well Pleases, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Also if you have watched wrestling for a long time you probably will pick up on things a lot quicker especially things like psychology. Thank God those old days are gone where it was basically a club for sadists to inflict as much punishment on young guys to discourage them and get their kicks, what other sport has this beat them until they cannot walk respect stuff? who made Undertaker locker room leader who thinks 20 guys in the ring have to take his choke slam and if they don't they end up in the doghouse like Matt Hardy? respect is a two way street yet in wrestling it is like a sacred code that the young guys have to respect the older guys regardless of how poor they are or whether they are a total *******.

Originally Posted by rchudgar View Post
    I don't catch any arrogance coming from Danny's posts. JMO.

You (riot) are acting like it's a sin for someone to be enjoying thier craft. Who the hell is Danny putting himself over to in the WWE section of bb.com. Besides Moondoggey (we all know he's Vince McMahon, lol).

Danny, sounds like you're making awesome progress, keep it up. Would love to see some of your stuff on youtube. Congrats man, and keep positive.

As soon as things get uploaded I will include it... That goes for anything; pictures, vids, whichever, both from their website and their myspace page. I appreciate the fact that all you guys support what I'm doing. As I said earlier, if you guys know me and have read my posts, you know this is all I ever wanted to do. I'm already living my dream just in training and I'm learning new stuff every day out.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey Danny,

Thanks to this thread and to Marv, I now want to travel to Canada and attend the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy and get what I want out of life. Like Marv more or less said, damn the cost, because being under his wing for 3 months would be priceless.

I've just got to show up in shape and it says on Lances site that he would like for all students to provide a doctors note indicating that they're healthy enough and fit enough to partake in strenous physical activity.

So I'm working on getting in shape and beating my condition so when the time comes, I can get that note from my doctor. The thing is, it's going to consist of taking lots of bumps and falls and running the ropes. That's the basics of it. If my body can take the wear and tear of that, then I know I can be taught how to become a pro wrestler.

God help me, I will do this.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Danny, keep up the good work, you've got my full support, good to see you're living the dream. Keep it up.
    Currently clearing a rep debt to over 1000 people in this thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110024901
    Upto post #566 done as off August 29th 2011
    At 5 reps a day, this will take a while! Plus Im not on every day, but I'll still get through this..

Current status - Cutting - Start 182.25 - Current 176.75 - Aim 165

adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adeel77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well he's noteven a member he's trying it out... ofcourse the trainers are going to suck up to him to get him to sign up... like he said in one post they said him and his friend are going to be the best in the school yadda yadda yadda in their first class... chisle or whatever your name is let's see if they persuaded you enough to sign up ;o)/

Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Snitsky View Post
    Hey Danny,

Thanks to this thread and to Marv, I now want to travel to Canada and attend the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy and get what I want out of life. Like Marv more or less said, damn the cost, because being under his wing for 3 months would be priceless.

I've just got to show up in shape and it says on Lances site that he would like for all students to provide a doctors note indicating that they're healthy enough and fit enough to partake in strenous physical activity.

So I'm working on getting in shape and beating my condition so when the time comes, I can get that note from my doctor. The thing is, it's going to consist of taking lots of bumps and falls and running the ropes. That's the basics of it. If my body can take the wear and tear of that, then I know I can be taught how to become a pro wrestler.

God help me, I will do this.
    I'd rep your big teddy bear ass if I could.

Long distance high five though.

animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Danny, big props to you for doing this, dude. Looks like you're coming along just fine. When I was in the ring, the trainer took me aside and said from the group, I was the only one with potential to go somewhere. So I know how amazing it feels to be told you're doing so well almost instantly.

You're a cool dude, so I don't have to say this but I'm gonna: Don't let all the positive feed back change who you are. You've only been doing this for a month, but you're already headed somewhere. Just keep yourself in check. I'll be rooting for you when you're on national TV.

You're progressing well. Can't wait to see your stuff. As far as drinking and smoking, I don't smoke or drink either. Hm...perhaps a Chisle/CM Punk feud in the making?

Danny, right now you gotta think about what is number one most important: Your training or your job. Cut corners. If you rent an apartment, move home. Save as much as possible. If you can, work less so you can train more. Better yet, if you're in a decent financial situation, or have generous parents, quit your job and dedicate all your time to training.

If you can't, you seem to have good trainers who like you and will accomodate your schedule. Whenever you can hit the ring, hit it. Call in sick if you gotta. Train!

___

Snitsky, take your ass to the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy and do it!!
    WOOOO!

Calluses: Mother Nature's Potato Scrubbers

Originally Posted by adeel77 View Post
    well he's noteven a member he's trying it out... ofcourse the trainers are going to suck up to him to get him to sign up... like he said in one post they said him and his friend are going to be the best in the school yadda yadda yadda in their first class... chisle or whatever your name is let's see if they persuaded you enough to sign up ;o)/
    I'm enrolled in the training. I went the first day to check it out, yes. I decided to do it before they told me anything. I found out how they felt after the 2nd session.

Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I'm jealous because I think you should display a little more respect and choose your words more carefully? You make it seem as if I said you'd never get to the places you want to be. If I had said that you'll never make to ROH or Japan, then you can call me jealous.

Look again. My words may have had some sting to them (and that was the purpose) but I left a lesson in there. I still gave you good info:

In your case, all I'm saying is it's an insult to everyone else who is busting their ass and paying dues to think that you're going to ROH in a year BEFORE you've had a single match. To be honest, I love to see people succeed. And if I didn't care to see you make it I would've just flatout flamed you. You're young and the wrestling landscape will probably change within the next five years. You've got time. But please, choose your words carefully when you talk (about wrestling) because you never know who's reading/listening.

Remember when you're working and you want to do big moves and highspots:

Excellence is doing ordinary things extrordinarily well.

Thank you for the lecture. But with all due respect, who the hell are you to talk down to me?

Originally Posted by jimbob007 View Post
    Also if you have watched wrestling for a long time you probably will pick up on things a lot quicker especially things like psychology. Thank God those old days are gone where it was basically a club for sadists to inflict as much punishment on young guys to discourage them and get their kicks, what other sport has this beat them until they cannot walk respect stuff? who made Undertaker locker room leader who thinks 20 guys in the ring have to take his choke slam and if they don't they end up in the doghouse like Matt Hardy? respect is a two way street yet in wrestling it is like a sacred code that the young guys have to respect the older guys regardless of how poor they are or whether they are a total *******.
    First off, I know people who have watched their entire lives who still don't get match psychology.

Now, you think those days are gone? You think if you show up somewhere and you don't know "The Rules" you won't get hurt? Do I condone kicking the crap out of someone just because they're green. No, I don't. But I will within reason stiff a kid so he knows. And THEN I pull him aside and tell him why I did it. Yeah, so it's more physical, but it's not any different than when you're the new guy at any job. You do sh*t work and you like it. You kiss a little ass (please and thank you), you do what you're told, and you move up the ladder. I don't care if it's McDonald's, Microsoft, or the WWE, it's all the same.

What other sport? Wow...I've played rugby, football, wrestled and I can tell you this much: they all have fraternal attitudes. You have to prove you want to belong. People get hazed in colleges across the country (legal or not) and they pay to belong. Never since I've been involved with wrestling was it demanded that I drink out of a boot fresh off someone's foot---but that's in good fun, right? I was never told I had to do something naked in public. I was pushed around a bit and took a few stiff shots. I worried more about being mistreated when I played HS football than I have in wrestling.

You know who made The Undertaker the leader? Experience and attrition. He's survived this long in the business for a reason. Because in the end he knows what the f*ck he's talking about and doing in the ring. Do you know what real respect is? When a guy like Tracy Smothers grabs a broom to help after a show he just main-evented on.

Yes, it's a sacred code in every walk of life. You respect your elders whether you like them or not. You only think you know why someone ends up in the doghouse, but you weren't there. You didn't hear what was said. You don't know who crossed the line and what line was crossed.

Do people get sh*t on unnecessarily? Of course, not everyone in this world is a nice person. But I'd bet dollars to donuts that if you were told to take 'Taker's chokeslam you'd keep your mouth shut and take it.

Thank you for the lecture. But with all due respect, who the hell are you to talk down to me?
    Someone who actually understands what "with all due respect" means.

But in the end, I'm not anyone important, am I? Just somebody who had put his time in but hasn't made it to ROH or had a WWE dark match, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has anything bad to say about me because I know "all due respect" is just that. You show respect, you get it back. You're young and you don't get it right now. You think because someone says something you don't like it's that I'm talking down to you. What it is, is that you didn't like what you felt when you read my words, so you felt that I was talking down to you. The deal is that the truth sucks sometimes. And once again, if you really read what I wrote you'd see it.

Congrats for ignoring that I said I actually want you to do well. For ignoring anything I ever said about respect. For not noticing that I even changed my tone a bit so you didn't think I was just simply a "hater".

Who the hell am I? I'm just a guy. Whatever man---do what you like and with sincerity, I hope you do make it to ROH and Japan.

Another quote for you: "Experience is a dear teacher, but fools will learn at no other."

jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You will stiff a kid so they know what? if they do something wrong then take them to one side and tell them what it was rather than giving them a potato then telling them.

People who let themselves get hazed etc are just sheep who feel they have to do anything no matter how degrading to belong to a bunch of dickheads who think they are cool, so if somebody says to be in our gang you have to go out and rape or kill someone is that sensible? but letting your head be shoved down a crap filled toilet is?

Undertaker was the locker room leader while Bret and Shawn were there- both of whom had been in the business a lot longer and were far superior workers, Undertaker was a guy who could only get so far in WCW who was lucky enough to be given one of the best gimmicks ever, yeah sure he did a good job with it but he was very lucky, do you think he picks up a broom and sweeps up after the show like Tracey who again has been in the business a lot longer than him?

Undertaker came out and chokeslammed everybody in the ring, Hardy took a powder and got chewed out over it and punished all because one guys ego says he has to chokeslam 20 guys instead of 19.

First off, I know people who have watched their entire lives who still don't get match psychology.

Now, you think those days are gone? You think if you show up somewhere and you don't know "The Rules" you won't get hurt? Do I condone kicking the crap out of someone just because they're green. No, I don't. But I will within reason stiff a kid so he knows. And THEN I pull him aside and tell him why I did it. Yeah, so it's more physical, but it's not any different than when you're the new guy at any job. You do sh*t work and you like it. You kiss a little ass (please and thank you), you do what you're told, and you move up the ladder. I don't care if it's McDonald's, Microsoft, or the WWE, it's all the same.

What other sport? Wow...I've played rugby, football, wrestled and I can tell you this much: they all have fraternal attitudes. You have to prove you want to belong. People get hazed in colleges across the country (legal or not) and they pay to belong. Never since I've been involved with wrestling was it demanded that I drink out of a boot fresh off someone's foot---but that's in good fun, right? I was never told I had to do something naked in public. I was pushed around a bit and took a few stiff shots. I worried more about being mistreated when I played HS football than I have in wrestling.

You know who made The Undertaker the leader? Experience and attrition. He's survived this long in the business for a reason. Because in the end he knows what the f*ck he's talking about and doing in the ring. Do you know what real respect is? When a guy like Tracy Smothers grabs a broom to help after a show he just main-evented on.

Yes, it's a sacred code in every walk of life. You respect your elders whether you like them or not. You only think you know why someone ends up in the doghouse, but you weren't there. You didn't hear what was said. You don't know who crossed the line and what line was crossed.

Do people get sh*t on unnecessarily? Of course, not everyone in this world is a nice person. But I'd bet dollars to donuts that if you were told to take 'Taker's chokeslam you'd keep your mouth shut and take it.

So for all this respect you have shown to the business and those in it you have not been shown enough back to be bought in to do jobs for WWE or to be used for the ultimate respect promotion ROH?

Someone who actually understands what "with all due respect" means.

But in the end, I'm not anyone important, am I? Just somebody who had put his time in but hasn't made it to ROH or had a WWE dark match, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has anything bad to say about me because I know "all due respect" is just that. You show respect, you get it back. You're young and you don't get it right now. You think because someone says something you don't like it's that I'm talking down to you. What it is, is that you didn't like what you felt when you read my words, so you felt that I was talking down to you. The deal is that the truth sucks sometimes. And once again, if you really read what I wrote you'd see it.

Congrats for ignoring that I said I actually want you to do well. For ignoring anything I ever said about respect. For not noticing that I even changed my tone a bit so you didn't think I was just simply a "hater".

Who the hell am I? I'm just a guy. Whatever man---do what you like and with sincerity, I hope you do make it to ROH and Japan.

Another quote for you: "Experience is a dear teacher, but fools will learn at no other."

You will stiff a kid so they know what? if they do something wrong then take them to one side and tell them what it was rather than giving them a potato then telling them.

People who let themselves get hazed etc are just sheep who feel they have to do anything no matter how degrading to belong to a bunch of dickheads who think they are cool, so if somebody says to be in our gang you have to go out and rape or kill someone is that sensible? but letting your head be shoved down a crap filled toilet is?

Undertaker was the locker room leader while Bret and Shawn were there- both of whom had been in the business a lot longer and were far superior workers, Undertaker was a guy who could only get so far in WCW who was lucky enough to be given one of the best gimmicks ever, yeah sure he did a good job with it but he was very lucky, do you think he picks up a broom and sweeps up after the show like Tracey who again has been in the business a lot longer than him?

Undertaker came out and chokeslammed everybody in the ring, Hardy took a powder and got chewed out over it and punished all because one guys ego says he has to chokeslam 20 guys instead of 19.
    Yes, James Robert, I am a complete ass. I totally lack patience and believe that green kids should be stiffed on sight. Actually, I have a medical condition that in order to keep the circulation in my hands functioning properly I need to chop at least 10 kids a week without taking a receipt. No, seriously...

I am actually a VERY patient person. I've never required a new kid to do anything for me at all. I answer any and all questions. I take whatever time is needed to help someone understand. You, sir, either were mistreated greatly when you attempted to become a worker or you just assume that we are all the same bruisers who get off on beating kids up. I treat everyone with respect. Instead of the assbackwards "you have to earn my respect," I'm more of a "don't do anything to lose my respect." You see, anyone I've ever stiffed deserved it.

Scenario: Kid comes into training, brings his mouthy girlfriend along constantly (who would always say that she was going to train and she had her gimmick and name already picked out), but he had decent physical tools. Like all trainees he worked security detail at the shows and did ring crew. However, he would constantly show up on message boards claiming he was a wrestler, he was on DVD covers, and that he was the star of the promotion. In training he never sold even though he was told to. He is told several times about his girl, his lack of selling, and putting himself over. Just days after he not only no-sold an experienced worker, but kipped up after a bump and stood in his face.

Result: I was patient. I pulled him aside and talked to him. I told him that he was disrespecting everyone by not working on selling, putting himself over on the boards, and bringing his girl to training because she was a distraction. I said these things in a rather tactful manner. I wanted him to understand that I was his friend first. So, what does he do? Within days he's back on the boards and he pulls the kip up deal.

What the hell do you think happened? Did I make him bleed? Did I break anything? No. You see, sir, I'm not an ass. He required a shot to wake him up and then when I had his attention I told him why I did it.

It's a rare case when I do that to someone, but it's usually warranted.

As far as getting chokeslammed goes, if 20 people were supposed to take it and one powdered out, then yeah, he should probably have been in the doghouse. But I reiterate the fact that neither one of us was there, so we don't know what really happened.

So for all this respect you have shown to the business and those in it you have not been shown enough back to be bought in to do jobs for WWE or to be used for the ultimate respect promotion ROH?
    Ah yes, the obligatory burn. Unfortunately, you don't know me. You don't know what decisions I've made. You don't know if I have had greater priorities. You don't know if I choose fun over ambition. You don't know if prefer a normal level of privacy. You don't know if I've been injured. You just don't really know.

You see there are a myriad of reason that one doesn't "make it." There are hundreds of guys and girls who have never seen the inside of a WWE locker room. I'm one of them. it doesn't mean I haven't had the pleasure of having conversation with past and current stars.

To be honest, I don't have the prototypical look. I like food too much. I'm chunky. But I'm strong, I'm fast, I'm athletic. I like being built like an old-school heavyweight even if the look won't get me on TV. You see, guys like Joe and Murdoch are the exception, and I know this. Also, I have bone spurring in my neck from years of playing rugby so, I don't work as often as more ambitious guys. I also think that my family will always come first. Sometimes, it's just being able to be in the right place. I was in SoCal just after UPW lost it's WWE designation, and had to leave before PWG picked up steam. I've had a couple of workouts for Japanese promotions....

But you don't know me. And you don't know that the one memory I always hold on to was doing a show in the middle of nowhere Ohio for all of 15 people. How half of those people were a family with 7 children. Being in the locker room and being in awe of how [Abyss] and Stamp Lickage were calling a match; I didn't understand a word; and being in a battle royal. Afterwards, those kids wanted everyone's signature without discrimination. As we pulled away, I actually cried because I knew they didn't have a lot of money or entertainment options where they were, and we had just given those kids the best time they would probably have in a long time.

You don't know me.
    Last edited by ri0t67; 08-14-2007 at 08:36 AM.

Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You don't know me.
    I imagine Chisle and disenfranchised probably share the same feelings.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL Marv. Well, your read was a motivational one. And Danny your thread is helping me, too.

The main reason I haven't trained yet is because of my ulcerative colitis which is where your immune system attacks your colon. When it flares up, it rips your insides apart. I've been hospitalised for it three times and one time came close to having my colon removed.

It really disappoints me because wrestling is something I would love to do! My energy and strength are down because of it. Moves and bumps that wouldn't bother the average healthy person, may be very painful to me because of it. Since my body can get so weak, I find myself worrying that I wouldn't be able to compete with anybody else in the class. On top of that I'm taking a handful of medicine each day for it. Hopefully, the medicine, proper diet and not training too hard or knowing my own limitations in the gym makes me better.

Marv, I hope to see you at the SWA. Danny, keep us updated; hope to you and Disinfranchised in the ring one day.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

My name is James but I have no idea who Robert is, for the record I have never trained to be a pro wrestler, I did like the idea but being in the UK there were not many training schools here when I was young and unless I moved to America no real chance of making a living out of it.

Your scenario I have no problem-with that sort of person deserves and needs something like that, I was talking about a kid learning who does something wrong being potatoed rather than taken to one side.

It was not a burn, just saying that somebody like yourself can give a lot to the business but little respect is shown back, there is no reason why WWE would not use somebody whether on television or not because of size- they are content to give a big push to a talentless obese guy and have done since he arrived in 1993, many of the job guys on television for them in the past were hardly Lex Luger.

As for Undertaker I have very little respect for him aside from keeping himself over for so long, it is not just the Hardy incident but the way he buried DDP, Kanyon & Awesome to management and cost them their pushes and jobs.

Yes, James Robert, I am a complete ass. I totally lack patience and believe that green kids should be stiffed on sight. Actually, I have a medical condition that in order to keep the circulation in my hands functioning properly I need to chop at least 10 kids a week without taking a receipt. No, seriously...

I am actually a VERY patient person. I've never required a new kid to do anything for me at all. I answer any and all questions. I take whatever time is needed to help someone understand. You, sir, either were mistreated greatly when you attempted to become a worker or you just assume that we are all the same bruisers who get off on beating kids up. I treat everyone with respect. Instead of the assbackwards "you have to earn my respect," I'm more of a "don't do anything to lose my respect." You see, anyone I've ever stiffed deserved it.

Scenario: Kid comes into training, brings his mouthy girlfriend along constantly (who would always say that she was going to train and she had her gimmick and name already picked out), but he had decent physical tools. Like all trainees he worked security detail at the shows and did ring crew. However, he would constantly show up on message boards claiming he was a wrestler, he was on DVD covers, and that he was the star of the promotion. In training he never sold even though he was told to. He is told several times about his girl, his lack of selling, and putting himself over. Just days after he not only no-sold an experienced worker, but kipped up after a bump and stood in his face.

Result: I was patient. I pulled him aside and talked to him. I told him that he was disrespecting everyone by not working on selling, putting himself over on the boards, and bringing his girl to training because she was a distraction. I said these things in a rather tactful manner. I wanted him to understand that I was his friend first. So, what does he do? Within days he's back on the boards and he pulls the kip up deal.

What the hell do you think happened? Did I make him bleed? Did I break anything? No. You see, sir, I'm not an ass. He required a shot to wake him up and then when I had his attention I told him why I did it.

It's a rare case when I do that to someone, but it's usually warranted.

As far as getting chokeslammed goes, if 20 people were supposed to take it and one powdered out, then yeah, he should probably have been in the doghouse. But I reiterate the fact that neither one of us was there, so we don't know what really happened.

Ah yes, the obligatory burn. Unfortunately, you don't know me. You don't know what decisions I've made. You don't know if I have had greater priorities. You don't know if I choose fun over ambition. You don't know if prefer a normal level of privacy. You don't know if I've been injured. You just don't really know.

You see there are a myriad of reason that one doesn't "make it." There are hundreds of guys and girls who have never seen the inside of a WWE locker room. I'm one of them. it doesn't mean I haven't had the pleasure of having conversation with past and current stars.

To be honest, I don't have the prototypical look. I like food too much. I'm chunky. But I'm strong, I'm fast, I'm athletic. I like being built like an old-school heavyweight even if the look won't get me on TV. You see, guys like Joe and Murdoch are the exception, and I know this. Also, I have bone spurring in my neck from years of playing rugby so, I don't work as often as more ambitious guys. I also think that my family will always come first. Sometimes, it's just being able to be in the right place. I was in SoCal just after UPW lost it's WWE designation, and had to leave before PWG picked up steam. I've had a couple of workouts for Japanese promotions....

But you don't know me. And you don't know that the one memory I always hold on to was doing a show in the middle of nowhere Ohio for all of 15 people. How half of those people were a family with 7 children. Being in the locker room and being in awe of how [Abyss] and Stamp Lickage were calling a match; I didn't understand a word; and being in a battle royal. Afterwards, those kids wanted everyone's signature without discrimination. As we pulled away, I actually cried because I knew they didn't have a lot of money or entertainment options where they were, and we had just given those kids the best time they would probably have in a long time.

You don't know me.

My name is James but I have no idea who Robert is, for the record I have never trained to be a pro wrestler, I did like the idea but being in the UK there were not many training schools here when I was young and unless I moved to America no real chance of making a living out of it.

Your scenario I have no problem-with that sort of person deserves and needs something like that, I was talking about a kid learning who does something wrong being potatoed rather than taken to one side.

It was not a burn, just saying that somebody like yourself can give a lot to the business but little respect is shown back, there is no reason why WWE would not use somebody whether on television or not because of size- they are content to give a big push to a talentless obese guy and have done since he arrived in 1993, many of the job guys on television for them in the past were hardly Lex Luger.

As for Undertaker I have very little respect for him aside from keeping himself over for so long, it is not just the Hardy incident but the way he buried DDP, Kanyon & Awesome to management and cost them their pushes and jobs.
    That, my friend, is life sometimes. I tend to subscribe to philosophy that as long as I have something worth giving it is available to those that want it. I get plenty of respect in the business and I'm okay with where I am at this moment.

-Danny & Disenfranchised: I won't apologize for saying harsh things, but like I said there is real information in my words. I'm not out to bury you psychologically and I get no pleasure in seeing people fail. I would very much like to see you succeed and if you ever need to talk about anything, PM me. I don't even have to tell you that I think you've got something Danny; I've PM'ed you before. I don't think you quite understood what I was getting at. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

And as for your trainers, Danny, I'm sorry. I thought B-Boy would be there more often (I understand he's sick). But whether or not you're more advanced than the other students there's still a progression that should be followed, because it's not just about being able to do the move, but understanding the details and why you're doing it. It's like skipping steps in algebra. Sometimes you need to do them even though you think you know.

Well, if you guys think I'm still an ass, oh well. But if you want to talk, you know where to find me.

Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's hardly about the amount of people that should be chokeslammed. It's about Matt Hardy getting told by his superiors "This is what you're supposed to do" and he then went out and didn't do it at all.
    It doesn't matter which job you have. At my old job before I went on to Theology studies, I worked at a videostore and this guy came in and worked a bit every now and then. We had a stressy night and I told him to refill the candy while me and another worker handled the costumers and their wares.

Now, the thing is that this guy didn't go fix the candy, he instead started to talk to a friend of his that came in. And we didn't see this until an old-time costumer told me that the candy was getting low. When I found the guy, he was chatting with his friend and had been doing so for 20 minutes. Did I hand his ass to him verbally? Yes, I was pissed of because when there is an agreed upon plan, and then one part just ignores it when the time comes, it's very bad style. Same thing with Matt hardy, he was told to take the chokeslam, then he shouldn't have jumped out of the ring and ignored it.
    - How old are you?
    - Do you have potential?
    - Y...
    -It doesn't matter if you have potential!

Storn's Undertaker Clip thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3734981

I always neg back!

It made sense, I think it looks so stupid seeing a load of guys standing there waiting to get their asses kicked- if you saw a 330 lb 6 foot 10 guy coming at you you would jump out of the ring, it actually puts him over more as a monster rather than looking like an idiot waiting for him to finish doing it to the other guy, Bill Watts would never book that crap.

Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Storn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It made sense, I think it looks so stupid seeing a load of guys standing there waiting to get their asses kicked- if you saw a 330 lb 6 foot 10 guy coming at you you would jump out of the ring, it actually puts him over more as a monster rather than looking like an idiot waiting for him to finish doing it to the other guy, Bill Watts would never book that crap.

That I won't argue, but that wasen't the point to why Matt Hardy got heat either. If the office tells him that's what he should do and he agrees, then he shouldn't do the complete opposite once he's out there. I wouldn't like any of my employes to say that they will do something, then do the complete opposite just because it gains their person.
    - How old are you?
    - Do you have potential?
    - Y...
    -It doesn't matter if you have potential!

Storn's Undertaker Clip thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3734981

I always neg back!

-Danny & Disenfranchised: I won't apologize for saying harsh things, but like I said there is real information in my words. I'm not out to bury you psychologically and I get no pleasure in seeing people fail. I would very much like to see you succeed and if you ever need to talk about anything, PM me. I don't even have to tell you that I think you've got something Danny; I've PM'ed you before. I don't think you quite understood what I was getting at. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
    Thank you for trying to help I guess. But let's look at this from my standpoint. To me, you're no more than some Joe Schmo trying to belittle me over typed words, I don't appreciate that. I don't appreciate that especially considering the fact that, like Marv pointed out, you don't know me and yet you feel that you need to lecture me and "educate" me.
    Listen you clearly know what you're talking about, and I will admit that my "goal" of being in ROH within a year is impossible. Don't take it so seriously though. Maybe I am just some kid who doesn't know **** from ****. Oh well, I'll learn that for myself. You're not the one who's going to make me realize that.
    I will never ask you for advice. I do not need your help. What I need to do is gain my own experience, learn from my own mistakes, and learn the buisness by actually going out there and busting my ass, which I've been doing. You've wasted your time trying to educate me. I'll leave that to my trainers, more experienced opponents, and whomever else I come across in my journey.

With all due respect.

And I want to profusely and profoundly thank those with kind and encouraging words. Keep it up Danny. Keep us updated on your progress, it's a long road as you know.
    Last edited by Disenfranchised; 08-14-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Hardly my best, but we shot small little promos, so here is one with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRCWoMMESmo

In a little bit, I'll write up a post on how my last few sessions went. I may just wait and do it tomorrow after my Fri. session.