Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

Post 6-OXO (non-PH) Cycle Journal

(I'm relatively new to these forums, so I hope that I get this all correct)

Today I'm starting an 8-week 600mg/day cycle of 6-OXO (Ergopharm). My goals:

-- break through the training plateau I'm currently at
    -- add five pounds of mass (it will be a bulking cycle)
    -- if I'm successful in adding mass, applying it to a cutting cycle afterward to drop BF into the upper single digits

Current stats:

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 177
    12% BF measured in October; have probably cut this down slightly since

Started strength training seriously about three years ago; I didn't measure or seriously keep track when I started, but would guestimate that I was at about 190lbs. and 25% BF at the beginning. I overdid cardio starting out, and dropped to 160lbs in the first six months, and have been struggling to gain mass since, though the struggling has yielded some results. I'm real close to my goal at this point (between 180 and 185lbs. @ 8-9% BF), but am kind of "stuck" where I'm currently at and am attempting to break the plateau.

I plan to break up the daily dosage into 300mg morning and 300mg evening.

Additional supplements:

Animal Pak (one pack daily)
    VPX CEX Creatine Ester (two servings, pre- and post-, on weight training days; one serving on non weight training days )
    Beverly Joint Care (Glucosamine/Condroitin/MSM stack, 3 gelcaps daily)
    Whey or whey/casein protein powder (not religious about brand, only that it be chocolate flavored and not have too much maltodextrin, if any -- lately I'm liking Muscle Milk and ISS Whey Power)

Diet will consist primarily of chicken breast, eye round steak, and egg whites for protein; brown/basmati rice, whole wheat bread, oats, and fruits and vegetables for carbohydrates; ground flax meal and natural peanut butter for essential fats. 5-6 meals per day. Occasional MRP bars here and there when life gets in the way of eating real food (will minimize this as much as possible). Might consider switching flax oil with fish oil at some point. Will aim for 3000-3500 calories per day.

Training during the cycle:

Monday: 50-60 min. chest/shoulders/triceps; 45 min. cardio
    Tuesday: 50-60 min. legs
    Wednesday: 50-60 min. abdominals; 45 min. cardio
    Thursday: 50-60 min. back/biceps
    Friday: 50-60 min. legs; 45 min. cardio
    Saturday: rest
    Sunday: rest

May alternate upper body workouts every other week.

Weekly benchmarks will consist of:

-- body weight
    -- 1RM bench press
    -- # of body weight pullups (palms out, four sets, one minute rest between sets)

Will also have skinfold BF measurement taken at end of 8-week cycle, to see if I gained mass, or got fat...

Any comments, suggestions, criticisms, or requests to get lost welcomed.

C.K.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'm eager to see your gains, thought taking any type of creatine with it will help. it also will cloud the outcome. I'm interested in just seeing a 6-oxo journal with no creatine
    Chicks dig big calves

EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000)
    awesome a 6-oxo log, good luck man and keep up the good work

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by bigpump23
    i'm eager to see your gains, thought taking any type of creatine with it will help. it also will cloud the outcome. I'm interested in just seeing a 6-oxo journal with no creatine
    I have been taking monohydrate throughout my training, but recently cycled off of it for digestive reasons (lately it had been giving me a bit of gastrointestinal trouble). I've probably already maxxed out whatever gains I had ever hoped to get from monohydrate at this point in time.

You do make a good point about the outcome, though. It was just that I seemed to see a lot of guys here getting good results with CEE, and thought I'd give it a shot. If I do a second 6-OXO cycle in the summer, I'll cycle off of the CEE for that one.

C.K.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stahlhart
    If I do a second 6-OXO cycle in the summer, I'll cycle off of the CEE for that one.

C.K.

by that time i'll have done my own 6-oxo cycle, what are you good for? lol
    Chicks dig big calves

Originally Posted by bigpump23
    by that time i'll have done my own 6-oxo cycle, what are you good for? lol
    LOL :^)

Oh well. I'll certainly be interested in your results also...

C.K.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    awesome a 6-oxo log, good luck man and keep up the good work
    Thanks much for the encouragement... I'll probably post updates weekly, or if I notice anything out of the ordinary at any point during the cycle.

C.K.

EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks much for the encouragement... I'll probably post updates weekly, or if I notice anything out of the ordinary at any point during the cycle.

C.K.
    anytime bro

with the PH ban coming closer and closer people are wondering if a 6-oxo cycle would be benifital, the more logs the better so we can see if this is true or not

Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    anytime bro

with the PH ban coming closer and closer people are wondering if a 6-oxo cycle would be benifital, the more logs the better so we can see if this is true or not
    i agree...........

War against genetics chan_ho_nam's Avatar
    chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Best of luck bro. I truly think 6-OXO is a great product, and has many uses.

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)

^^ wow your doing 60min of abs? lol

Originally Posted by bigcalves
    Yeah. I only do them one day a week, but I hit them pretty hard. I started doing this recently, and have been getting better results this way than adding a couple of ab sets here and there to the end of other body part workouts.

Exercises include bench leg raises, incline situps, planks (up to two minutes each on these now), roman chair side raises, seated chunches, etc.

C.K.

War against genetics chan_ho_nam's Avatar
    chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000) chan_ho_nam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigcalves

stahlhart: great thread, look forward to updates.

O/T big Calves you nitwit. I gave that man a suggestion which I later deleted. But considering his age(62) going on HRT would do miracles for him. Infact, had he gone to a doctor to get blood tests, his doc might have suggested to same. Next time you decide to give someone neg. rep, understand whats going on and take the whole thing into consideration.

Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    subscribed

ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Quick Question and sorry for interrupting the thread but can you buy 6-OXO in normal supplement stores over there?

Post First Update

I am going to adjust my two CEE doses on workout days to first thing in the morning and one-half hour before workout (instead of pre- and post-workout).

I am also going to adjust the strength benchmark for chest to number of reps with 90 lb. dumbbells, on flat bench adjusted up one notch in back (which is the last set of my first exercise on chest/shoulder/tricep day). This way I can accomplish the measurement without a spot -- my workout partner has not been showing up at the gym very much over the past few weeks, and I don't want to have to depend on him being there. 90s are pretty much my upper limit right now; some days I can get them aloft, some days not, and I back off to 85s to complete the set if I can't.

I will baseline the bench presses and pullups this week, and note changes each week after.

As far as supplements go: I posted in another thread that the CEE seems to be kicking in now, having got a good, noticable upper arm pump on Thursday, but no appreciable strength gains yet. The 6-OXO has been pretty quiet thus far, though I was having some pretty good mood swings in the middle of the week (not sure if I can positively attribute this to the 6-OXO), and some of the REM sleep dreams I've been having have been pretty bizarre -- again, I can't positively connect it, but am just noting it. I'm expecting it to take a couple of weeks into the cycle for any definite changes to kick in, if they are going to.

C.K.

Originally Posted by ozcoltsfan
    Quick Question and sorry for interrupting the thread but can you buy 6-OXO in normal supplement stores over there?
    Yes; I've seen bottles in stores here locally. But I needed six bottles to put a 6-week cycle together, and ordered them online to save money.

In fact, seeing a bottle in a locked display cabinet alongside the PHs at the store I usually go to was how I first found out about 6-OXO, and I did the research on it afterward (I wasn't into the online discussion forums at the time).

C.K.

Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am going to adjust my two CEE doses on workout days to first thing in the morning and one-half hour before workout (instead of pre- and post-workout).

I am a firm believer in taking creatine products before working out. That way serum creatine levels will be peaking and the increased blood flow to the muscles hopefully will help maximize delivery

Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold
    I am a firm believer in taking creatine products before working out. That way serum creatine levels will be peaking and the increased blood flow to the muscles hopefully will help maximize delivery
    Thank you for the response, Patrick. Somehow over time I had gotten stuck into this "post-workout" mindset with creatine. I'm rethinking a lot of this now after the results I seem to be getting from the CEE so far. Monohydrate had been messing with my digestive system too much over the past couple of months anyway. Never too old to learn.

C.K.

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thank you for the response, Patrick. Somehow over time I had gotten stuck into this "post-workout" mindset with creatine. I'm rethinking a lot of this now after the results I seem to be getting from the CEE so far. Monohydrate had been messing with my digestive system too much over the past couple of months anyway. Never too old to learn.

C.K.
    you can take it pre and post workout...
    doesn't watch t.v.

Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

C.K.

the "post workout" mindset also is misleading when it comes to ingestion of carbs and amino acids. recent research has shown that ingestion of carbs and aminos BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER leads to much better physiological responses (glycogen depostion, protein balance in muscle) than just taking it after

i formulated a drink to be sipped before during and after workouts. it will be released very soon

i suggest drinking your CEE before though, if only for the reason that it tastes so nasty that the only way i can see getting it down is in one shot

I've actually gotten used to the taste of the CEX pretty quickly, and have no trouble getting it down now. I'm taking it with a sufficient amount of water which dilutes the nastiness somewhat. Only real shock to the system was the first time (bleh).

As long as I have your attention here now -- am I doing okay splitting the 6-OXO into morning and evening 300mg doses, as I have done so far for the first week? As opposed to, say, all 600mg in the evening?

C.K.

Today was chest/shoulders/triceps day. Baseline for DB bench press (bench back raised one notch): 60lb x 12, 70lb x 10, 80lb x 8, 90lb x 6. I worked the 90s set to failure; tried to get a 7th rep, but it wasn't there. This was the first time I had ever set the back of the bench up one notch for "flat" DB presses -- am guessing that the slight incline added some challenge to the move, versus horizontal.

Definitely getting a pump in the upper arms from the CEX. I still haven't gotten the energy boost that some other here have reported, but will give that more time. Today overall was somewhat subdued; sometimes I have trouble getting motivated when I work out alone, and really have to push myself to keep it going; today was one of those days.

Thursday I will baseline bodyweight pullups.

Weight currently at 180lbs., up a little bit.

C.K.

Baseline for bodyweight pullups: 12 1st set, 9 2nd set, 7 3rd set, 7 4th set. Grip was palms out, wide (on the bent ends of the bar), and I stuck to one minute rest between sets. Going to see what I can do with these numbers for the remainder of the cycle.

C.K.

drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am going to follow this
    seeing as your in the over 40 crowd this stuff should give you a kick in the pants
    I don't have a tuxedo that fits anymore because my chest and my biceps are too big.
    Charlie Sheen

Originally Posted by drewkowsky
    I am going to follow this
    seeing as your in the over 40 crowd this stuff should give you a kick in the pants
    Thanks; that's what I'm hoping for, anyway...

(edit: no, actually I never considered transdermal -- at the time I committed to going ahead with the cycle, I was not aware that it was available in that form)

C.K.
    Last edited by stahlhart; 12-31-2004 at 03:48 PM.

I've actually gotten used to the taste of the CEX pretty quickly, and have no trouble getting it down now. I'm taking it with a sufficient amount of water which dilutes the nastiness somewhat. Only real shock to the system was the first time (bleh).

As long as I have your attention here now -- am I doing okay splitting the 6-OXO into morning and evening 300mg doses, as I have done so far for the first week? As opposed to, say, all 600mg in the evening?

C.K.

I like the 300mg morning 300 evening. this is what was succesful in our study so its proven

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold
    I like the 300mg morning 300 evening. this is what was succesful in our study so its proven
    Great; thanks much! Just wanted to make sure that I was taking it correctly.

C.K.

mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Since ive got my hands on some 6oxo ill be following this!

Btw.. do you take it everyday or only the days you workout?
    "Also I do recommend steroids for all depressed males, and not anti depressants." - Nasser El Sonbaty IFBB PRO 2007

Location: "You wanna play games? Well when it's game time, it's pain time!"
    Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    subscribe