jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

best casein or egg protein (Extreme Labs Pro Lean Mass?)

I'm looking for a protein product I can buy online, that will be used just before going to bed. All I've ever used is Whey and I know I need some sort of a casein or egg protein to use before bed so the protein will digest slower. My question now is to find a specific product I can use for this purpose.

After looking through bodybuilding.com site I decided Extreme Labs Pro Lean Mass looked like the best product for this purpose for the money.
    http://bodybuilding.com/store/exl/lean.html

Does anyone have any experience with this product to know if it works as claimed? If not, can anyone reccomend another specific product that will work well for prolonged protein absorbtion?

Thanks for any help...
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"

JacobS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might want to check out Protein Factory's Night Formula http://www.**************.com/in_nightformula.htm#

For night time use, I should be receiving the following custom blend from them in a few days. It costs a bit more than the formula, but it also doesn't contains any soy protein. As I am trying to gain weight, I have decided to avoid artifical sweeteners in all my protein mixes. In my nightime mix, I use a slow acting sugar (low GI).

Aminogen: YES
    37% Micellular Casein
    10% Casienate Calcium
    15% CFM Whey Isolate
    5% Egg White Protein
    15% Whey Protein Concentrate
    18% Fructose
    Flavor: Vanilla
    Sweetener: NONE

After looking at the digestion times in the link you provided and if I were to eliminate the fructose, I might go for the following:

Aminogen: YES
    30% Micellular Casein
    10% Casienate Calcium
    10% Soy Protein Isolate
    10% Milk Protein
    20% Egg White Protein
    20% Whey Protein Concentrate
    Flavor: Whatever
    Sweetener: Whatever

This would price out to less than the formula you were looking at (including the Aminogen). I like knowing exactly how much of what is in the mix. With just the order of ingredients on a label, you really don't know (but you can bet the bean counters had something to do with it).

They have descriptions of each of these proteins and a protein calculator that lets you play with the mix.
    Last edited by JacobS; 06-12-2002 at 12:56 AM.

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: best casein or egg protein (Extreme Labs Pro Lean Mass?)

Originally posted by jreynolds_4
    I'm looking for a protein product I can buy online, that will be used just before going to bed. All I've ever used is Whey and I know I need some sort of a casein or egg protein to use before bed so the protein will digest slower. My question now is to find a specific product I can use for this purpose.

After looking through bodybuilding.com site I decided Extreme Labs Pro Lean Mass looked like the best product for this purpose for the money.
    http://bodybuilding.com/store/exl/lean.html

Does anyone have any experience with this product to know if it works as claimed? If not, can anyone reccomend another specific product that will work well for prolonged protein absorbtion?

I am taking pro lean mass by extreme labs right now along with pro V60 by labrada. I like it. It's not that pricey and is blended which is excellent. I like better the ProV 60 though.

Thanks for any help...

static43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dont buy from extreme labs

I tried pro lean mass, they jipped me about 10 servings, I only got about 20, not 30 as claimed, furthermore when I tried to contact them about this they didn't respond to emails and didn't have an 800 number to call, dont buy this product or anything else from them, I buy my stuff from protein factory now, the night formula is great, I dont see any problem with having soy isolate, but I have to agree with the post above, you dont want aminogen in a night formula because that will cause it to digest quicker, you dont want that in a night formula

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some of those night time casein protien products are overhyped (and overpriced) IMO. What I do when I am cutting is take whey protien and chase it with 2 scoops of peanut butter or 1/4 of peanuts. The fat helps slow the protien absorption down. WHen I am bulking, you can't beat a good glass of milk right before bed. I have never tried the night time supplements before. But if you have the money, more power to ya!

static43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    protein factory has casein protein for $6 a lb, much cheaper than the whey you are probably already buying, but you are right if you dont want to spend the money a few glasses of milk work great too, only problem is then i have to wake up to piss