Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    /\/\/\ Right on the dot, buy new clothes, train harder than you ever had, lean out, look ****ing awesome the next time she sees and dont give her the time of day

Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by zcsmith View Post
    This is one that I'm dealing with right now, and I decided that I'm going to be distant myself even before reading this. My question is, if she calls up and asks me to do something (or whatever), and I'm busy - let's say I'm heading over to my parents...what do I say?

Her: "Hey, can I see you tonight?"
    Me: "Not sure, I'm pretty busy"
    Her: "What are you doing?"

Do I feed her the truth? Do I keep it a mystery? If so, how?
    The way I would handle that situation is when she calls, I would tell her: "I'm busy and I'll call you back in a bit". Now, if you want to see her, then call her back after a decent amount of time (hour or two). The other option is not calling, which would get the message across that you too can be distant.

Originally Posted by Mernalous View Post
    Heh, I was going through some older posts and one had a link to this thread, I read it, saw it only had like 8 posts to it and thought wtf? Hopefully now every time someone asks what to do if their bf/gf dumps them on cheats on them, we can point em to this thread THEN if they have any further questions they can shoot em.
    Link me to that thread, I must've missed it.

Originally Posted by backinbusiness View Post
    You got some really good advice there. I read all of it and took some of it to heart.

Thanks!

Something I would add to number 17: 17. She left you and you feel like you can't live without her.
    would be indulge in yourself, spoil yourself. I have a book called how to survive a loss of a love and it was one of the only things that got me through the roughest time of my life when I was so depressed...I just spoilt myself and it helped a lot.

This needs to stickied asap.
    That's a great point. People should put themselves first and self-indulge a bit. That ties in really well with making the world revolve around yourself, and not your significant other. Reps to you.

braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10) braincrusher is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    /\/\/\ Right on the dot, buy new clothes, train harder than you ever had, lean out, look ****ing awesome the next time she sees and dont give her the time of day
    qft. Repped

Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rawgle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What the f*ck. How the HELL did this post get 5-starred? This is terrible advice. This is just how you play games and mindf*ck other people. Guys, you hate it when women play games with you, why the hell are you doing it to them, then?

Be a genuine, good person and the women will come to you. Playing games with women is a retarded waste of time. She playing hard-to-get, or playing phone tag? Call her ass on it, and if still nothing, drop her ass. If you are a decent human-being that doesn't play games with other people's heads, then you'll have no problem replacing her. Be the bigger man here.

Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crespo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rawgle View Post
    What the f*ck. How the HELL did this post get 5-starred? This is terrible advice. This is just how you play games and mindf*ck other people. Guys, you hate it when women play games with you, why the hell are you doing it to them, then?

Be a genuine, good person and the women will come to you. Playing games with women is a retarded waste of time. She playing hard-to-get, or playing phone tag? Call her ass on it, and if still nothing, drop her ass. If you are a decent human-being that doesn't play games with other people's heads, then you'll have no problem replacing her. Be the bigger man here.
    Maybe you didn't read the points and I suggest you do so again if you did.

These tips are to deal with women and the games they play with us guys, particularly those women who leave or are about to leave their boyfriends. I've lost track of the number of threads with guys coming here who have been dicked around by their girlfriends. This thread's advice is to help those guys out.

AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Absolutely amazing post. Thank you!!

I wish I knew about this three months ago!!

Drink your milk, kids! GotMilk7's Avatar
    GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GotMilk7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post, repped
    Milk for the win.

Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rawgle View Post

This is about dealing with ex's, or dealing with troubled relationships, not necessarily about picking up, read it again.

webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thread
    repped

Used Registerer ? 1dayIWillBeBig's Avatar
    1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This thread would have been nice to have 2 weeks ago. I ****ed up big time.
    You know how I know you're gay?

Pronoun: Phaggot/Genius backinbusiness's Avatar
    backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlphaMe View Post
    Absolutely amazing post. Thank you!!

I wish I knew about this three months ago!!
    I know me too. My breakup happened 3 months ago too. Worst time of my life ever. Only person I ever felt close to. Even closer than my parents. I had been with her for almost 3 years. Bleh. I wish I had that advice to read...

Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Judging via these posts, this thread needs to be stickied!

Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That guide's cool and all but...when are guys on here going to start learning how to interact with girls themselves and not through an online dating guide? Get out and get social..that's the key.
    5'8'' 207 13 percent bodyfat
    225x26 bench
    11.01 100 meter dash
    90 lb db shoulder presses(x2)
    powerclean 265
    squat and dead maxes to come

17.5'' arms
    47.4'' chest

Man, read it again, this is about what to do in a problematic relationship, as you can see several threads every day asking "She says she's confused" or "she wants a break" ect ect, this is to show you how to not get walked all over, because it has happened to many guys.

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't fake the distance from a girl, have the distance be real. If she broke up with you, it's because she didn't feel attracted enough. If she didn't feel attracted enough, it's probably because you stopped focusing on the aspects of yourself which attracted her to you, and started focusing on her, in order to try and possess her. So the distance is good. She's sending you a message that you need to learn to love yourself enough such that some other person cannot just knock your identity out of kilter. Don't FAKE the identity, SOLIDIFY the identity. If she returns, great. If not, you now love yourself, which makes you capable of exciting plenty more women, and so more and better love will gravitate toward you naturally. Every failure is a success in waiting. Embrace the pain like a man, it's the mortar that makes you into one.
    Last edited by MantisShrimp; 07-24-2007 at 10:30 PM.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol I do almost all of those and approve they work
    too ****in bad my situation is that I'm trying to get away from my crazy-ex who still wants me... she even is trying to get with my best friend now...

Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by goawayfat View Post
    lol I do almost all of those and approve they work
    too ****in bad my situation is that I'm trying to get away from my crazy-ex who still wants me... she even is trying to get with my best friend now...
    How is your situation hard? Since you have already broken up, just ignore her. Eventually she will leave you alone.

goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) goawayfat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    How is your situation hard? Since you have already broken up, just ignore her. Eventually she will leave you alone.
    tried that and then she intervened in my and my best friends friendship.... she is psycho trying to put him on a leash now etc etc

dkicker87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post. When I broke up with my girlfriend of 1+ years a couple months ago I had to figure out all this on my own. All of this hits its right on the dot and was pretty humorous to read. I hate it now when I see my friends getting jerked around in a relationship, but I guess they will have to learn also. I will be giving them the link to this thread.

Originally Posted by dkicker87 View Post
    Great post. When I broke up with my girlfriend of 1+ years a couple months ago I had to figure out all this on my own. All of this hits its right on the dot and was pretty humorous to read. I hate it now when I see my friends getting jerked around in a relationship, but I guess they will have to learn also. I will be giving them the link to this thread.
    Definatly, if only more people could read the op's 2 posts, things would be a lot better rather then having women that believe they can walk all over everyone.

p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000) p0fell0w is just really nice. (+1000)
    great stuff

Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Wacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bumping the thread... great advice/read...

reps on recharge

AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Def deserves a bump...

The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sticky this. It is excellent, possibly the best post I've ever read on the relationship forum.

Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000) Cyberia is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice guide.. I follow to most of them.. as for I am going through a rough time right now too..

Another bump so that dejected, testosterone fueled beasts can read

The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Gootz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subscribed to read later!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
    - Vince Lombardi

A boy comes to me with a spark of interest and it becomes a flame. I feed the flame and it becomes a fire. I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze.
    - Cus D'Amato

Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scotty. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is fantastic, and definitely needs to be stickied.

I have heard a lot of this before, but never put so concisely with such good explanations. Some new stuff too that I didn't consider. The birthday one for example. My ex's bday is in a couple weeks - I didn't plan to call her, but was just gonna leave a simple ******** message on her wall or something saying Happy B-Day. We have been broken up over 1.5 years, and I have already made a lot of the mistakes outlined above. I'm over her in that I don't have strong feelings for her or think about her a lot anymore, but we still talk from time to time, and I would probably date her again if she asked me. Birthday wishes still a bad idea, or acceptable in this case?

TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50) TighTWhipS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, this is exactly what i've been looking for, my girlfriend decided we shld take a break because she needed to think things over. yeah right. She fed me so much crap about how i was perfect and i was the one. I had been texting her about when she thought we wld be back together. Yesterday i didnt talk to her, and today she sent me a text and then called me tonight, i kept the convo at like 5 minutes where before they were usually about an hour.

Should i keep making her do all the communicating and act like i dont care??

Quick question: There's also a list of 20 Indicators that your relationship is going into the toilet. If you guys are interested, I can translate that sometime next week and post it. Let me know.

I'll try and answer the last couple of questions.

Originally Posted by Scotty. View Post
    This is fantastic, and definitely needs to be stickied.

I have heard a lot of this before, but never put so concisely with such good explanations. Some new stuff too that I didn't consider. The birthday one for example. My ex's bday is in a couple weeks - I didn't plan to call her, but was just gonna leave a simple ******** message on her wall or something saying Happy B-Day. We have been broken up over 1.5 years, and I have already made a lot of the mistakes outlined above. I'm over her in that I don't have strong feelings for her or think about her a lot anymore, but we still talk from time to time, and I would probably date her again if she asked me. Birthday wishes still a bad idea, or acceptable in this case?
    You sound like you are still hung up on her, despite the break up occurring 1.5 years ago. Do not contact her on her birthday, regardless if you want something from her in terms of a relationship. The idea of not contacting her is to have her think you have moved on and are busier with other things. If it bothers her that you didn't contact her, you will know that she still has you on her mind and she will probably try to talk to you. If she doesn't, then consider it over and start moving on (though you sound like you don't want to).

Originally Posted by TighTWhipS View Post
    Wow, this is exactly what i've been looking for, my girlfriend decided we shld take a break because she needed to think things over. yeah right. She fed me so much crap about how i was perfect and i was the one. I had been texting her about when she thought we wld be back together. Yesterday i didnt talk to her, and today she sent me a text and then called me tonight, i kept the convo at like 5 minutes where before they were usually about an hour.

Should i keep making her do all the communicating and act like i dont care??
    Stick to what you are doing. Do not initiate anything with her. Continue to be "busy" and don't make her a priority. Make her doubt the seriousness of your relationship and think that you are thinking of moving on. Let her be the one to try and resolve this "break" because it was her idea, not yours. And if she decides to come back to you, make her doubt that you want to for a bit. You aren't a toy she can mess around with.
    Last edited by Crespo; 08-16-2007 at 09:36 AM.