Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Suggestions For Next Topic Of The Week?

What do you think would make a good topic for this section? What makes a good topic?

1. Members are able to give a long and detailed answer. It can't just be a question that can accept a "yes" or "no" simple answer.

2. A question should not have an obvious answer that nobody could debate. Example: "Should you bench press if you want to build your chest?"

3. It should be a topic that many people would be interested to learn about.

Thanks for your help!

Ryan DeLuca
    Bodybuilding.com

Eats dogg crapp. hepennypacker52's Avatar
    hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm at school now, so I don't have time to think a lot about this (will do later), but one thing popped into my head that I think would be a great topic.

Low VS. High GI/II Carbs Post workout

Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How important is stretching before a workout?

What is an important, but overlooked nutrient in exercise?

How can you incorporate or use bodybuilding to help you with a sport?

A little weak, but I'll think of more.
    YOU ARE NOT A SLAVE

Eats dogg crapp. hepennypacker52's Avatar
    hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok, I'm back. Now for a few ideas :

Low VS. High GI/II Carbs Post workout

The Glycemic Index : Overrated?

Fat : How Important is It?

Is Training to Failure the Best Way to Train?

Milk : the Underestimated Product?

How to Maintain Proper Safety Over the Long Term

The Top 10 Keys to Maintain Longterm Success

I may have some more later.

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A discussion about Muscle Dismorphia would be interesting IMO.
    There's such a fine line between what's normal, healthy behaviour and what's not normal - or is there?

TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

A discussion about the effects of bodybuilding on the human mind; Feelings of Confidence, Anger, Happiness, Self Accomplishment etc, and how these have affected your day to day life.
    "Bodybuilding is about training muscle, not lifting weights" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Stop Whining!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Animosity915 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Animosity915 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Animosity915 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Animosity915 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Animosity915 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Animosity915 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anger and hate are a big part of why i lift...It makes me forget...it balances me out...that is why i lift everyday as hard as i can and as long as i can. we all have our reasons and we all know how it makes us feel. Animosity goes through my mind when i lift....what goes through yours should be the next question.....
    "Be as a tower firmly set; Shakes not its top for any blast that blows." -Dante Alighieri

CRH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DNP- why should it be used? why shouldnt it be used?

dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Who really has more strength, a bodybuilder or a strength athelete? (Try to think about the question on a deep level)

spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spf78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MattyG
    A discussion about Muscle Dismorphia would be interesting IMO.
    There's such a fine line between what's normal, healthy behaviour and what's not normal - or is there?
    Bump to this and

Originally Posted by TheNextArnie87
    A discussion about the effects of bodybuilding on the human mind; Feelings of Confidence, Anger, Happiness, Self Accomplishment etc, and how these have affected your day to day life.
    These topics are related and I think both have tremendous relevance.
    If you see that little bitch Grendel tell'em I'm gonna f@#*'em up!

ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's a pretty crappy suggestion but something like "How to manage your time as a bodybuilder," would be a topic that can be discussed and would be fairly easy to respond to.

dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dbmyers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ravadongon
    It's a pretty crappy suggestion but something like "How to manage your time as a bodybuilder," would be a topic that can be discussed and would be fairly easy to respond to.

sounds pretty good to me. Of course not only bodybuilders go to this website, so I propose instead something like "How do you make time for your fitness goals?" I was about to put "How do you make time for your weight training goals", but then where would Matt Furey's "My products are way over priced", followers be?

or maybe something about steriods (an opinion thing)
    Last edited by dbmyers; 12-20-2004 at 09:13 AM.

ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dbmyers
    sounds pretty good to me. Of course not only bodybuilders go to this website, so I propose instead something like "How do you make time for your fitness goals?" I was about to put "How do you make time for your weight training goals", but then where would Matt Furey's "My products are way over priced", followers be?
    Yep, that sounds better the way you phrased it.

realnatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) realnatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) realnatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) realnatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Controversy! Debate! Opinions Galore!

Here's one that always fires ppl up......"What is the definition of a natural bodybuilder".

Future Ms. Fitness Wales natalie.h's Avatar
    natalie.h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation How Long Should We Wait Between Sets?

I think this would be quite a useful topic as there has been so much speculation as to whether we should wait as little as 20 seconds to get the most out of the growth related hormones we produce or towait 120 seconds so we can get rid of the lactic acid and replace our ATP levels.....what does everyone think about that one?

KoolAbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation What Nutrient Combination You Should Eat Post-Workout For Optimal Gains And Recovery?

I believe this topic will be highly debated, as different people propose different opinions.

Also, this topic is quite important to bodybuilding, as I believe post-workout nutrition is one of the pinnacles of bodybuilding nutrition.

TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lets have a freestyle competition, in other words, you can write about any subject of choice, and whoevers is the best wins...
    Moderator @ another place.

Rep for SK.com

DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When to use lifting equipment and when not to, pro's/con's of the smith machine.
    ---------
    how about a full analysis on habits and what causes one new years resolutioner to quit and the other to stay? why does Person A quit - is it that he/she thinks it's too hard or do you blame poor planning and goal-setting? maybe the new-found bb.com forum member (person B) was just 'better' at cardio? Why do people quit?

----------------
    maybe have an article contest on Obesity that challenges the reader to go against old habits. something that makes them stop thinking "it wont happen to me" whether the 'it' is arthritis, coronary artery disease, stroke, lower back pain, or poor circulation. dont take comfort in the fact that many others are obese as well and that you kind of 'fit in' anyway. other stuff about how it's a health risk but make it a charged article and not the usual "being obese is bad."
    -----------------

Blame moden society or blame parents for childhood obesity?

=============

well that's all for this serving of poindextrose. back to nerd-dom for me (and i was doing so well... damn)
    1/01/2005 185 lbs 22.5%
    1/29/2005 181 lbs 20.5%
    6/26/2005 153 lbs 14.7% crap
    2/23/2008 ~202 lbs ~21% (crap again!)

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If you never took steroids, would you take them if you were second and would be competing against the same guy that beat you and likely could beat him if you took roids, but probaly not if you don't take the roids.

~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DecemberDays86
    When to use lifting equipment and when not to, pro's/con's of the smith machine.
    ---------

Why don't we just go all the way and open up the free weights vs machines debate

monsterashu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Power Of Yoga

As admin has written that " It should be a topic that many people would be interested to learn about." , I suggest we should have a discussion on benfit and power of yoga in life and bodybuilding. nowadays yoga is the buzzword.
    everyone is going ot this ancient technique for fitness and relaxation tooo.
    Another question that can be asked about yoga is that is yoga beneficial to bodybuilding and has it any role in recovery process of bodybuilding because yoga is said to aid in relaxation and is a great stress reliever too. can it aid in recovery process too.
    Last edited by monsterashu; 01-07-2005 at 12:51 AM.

I got some suggestions:

What are the most common misconceptions (myths) and mistakes made in the gym?

Low/High Volume Training: Which is better?

stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealth114 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I got a suggestion:

KEEPING BODYBUILDING SIMPLE - BACK TO THE BASICS OF HARD TRAINING, PROPER NUTRITION AND REST FOR GROWTH.
    LIve,Love ,Laugh!

monsterashu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are the most effective abs exercises in your view?

I think this makes a good topic.

What are the most effective abs exercises in your view which has given you fast and effective results.

Crazyhouz195 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyhouz195 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyhouz195 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyhouz195 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyhouz195 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyhouz195 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Ever wonder

How many sets and reps per body part should one do for optimal muscle gain?

Is it better to train your muscles as a group each time you lift, or individually? (EX. Only biceps one day, only back another)

Diet and fat loss pills: Are they all just caffeine?

How many days lifting and days rest is sufficient for optimal muscle growth and recovery?

For big gains fast, should one lift a short amount of time and really intense, or a longer time with moderate intensity?

The Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

topic for next week?how bout that?

Hey everybody!
    I always wondered why bodybuilding is not considered to be an olympic game. Thinking of all the effort put in from many people all around the globe in bodybuilding (talking bout natural bodybuilders) , it is rather weird not to see it hand in hand with weightlifting in the games.
    One thing is certain;this would be an amazing development for the sport in general.
    First of all, it will help resolve some stupid conceptions and myths around the sport.
    Secondly, it will promote the benefits of bodybuilding to more young people; the healthy life style and dedication to achieve a higher state of body and mind.This, to my opinion, is paramount in this day and age.
    Thirdly, the people who already build their bodies will be finally recognised and respected for their lifestyle and will not anymore be thought of a s obsessed by the ignorant masses.
    Fourthly, there is going to be a lot of attention by the state. This can have a lot of positives and negatives as well. The positives are:
    1>More money is going to be invested in the sport.
    2>The supplement industry will have to reform, dangerous or useless supps will be removed from the market.
    3>Gym, equipment and supps. prices will drop.
    4>Bodybuilding will probably be tought in sport's unis as a course. Personal "bodybulding orientated" trainers will appear with knowlegde in techniques, supps. and everything a bodybuilder needs to know.

There are bad sides of gov. intervention but i wont go into that cause they are outweighted by the positives in this case.

"Bodybuilding as an olympic sport" could be a good topic for next week.
    Cheers!
    "When u gaze long into the abbyss, the abbyss also gazes into u"

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    if it was an olympic sport than they would all be stripped because of drugs.

The Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not necessarilly.there are natural bodybuilders,no?
    "When u gaze long into the abbyss, the abbyss also gazes into u"

antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Wrench
    not necessarilly.there are natural bodybuilders,no?
    the ones at that level arent...
    I'm just here for the gangbang.

ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the benefit to children being overweight

i see it all the time me and a couple overweight friends hit the gym and were gonna be healthy the rest of our lives. then i see those who are naturally athletic or just flat out skinny as kids, sit on what they have, and recur to the fat asses that just banned ph's
    And I return...