Thread: Shin Splints

McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Shin Splints

What exercises can I do to stop my shin splints?
    The world is yours.

thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Shin Splints

Originally posted by McMahon
    the wait and see exercise...

seriously, when i had shin splints this time last year, no excercise in the world helped me out. Just time and patience helped heal my pain..

BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BozeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i get shin splints all the time , my anatomy professor said you have to build the muscle that raises your foot , to counteract the power of your calves, she said you're just supposed to keep flexing your foot up until failure but that seems like it would take forever like she pointed out

McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    2 questions

1. Was she hot?
    2. Did she mean the exercise you do with weights attached, thats sort of like a reverse calf raise?
    The world is yours.

Gazza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had agonising shin splints two years or so ago, and whats worse is that I had two rugby practises and a game a week to run on them, and any other training I did. It just took time and they went away. About 8months I think it was. I wouldn't know why it was but it can sometimes be because of the type of shoes you are wearing, or running on hard ground. If you arn't wearing very good footwear invest in a good pair. Also do what you anatomy professor said, and see if it works, if it doesn't at least you know they should go away within a years period or so.

Take care and God Bless

Gazza
    From 180lbs to 210lbs in 12months

Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try icing them to reduce the pain.

To avoid getting them, strengthen the muscle in the front of your shin.

Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do those foot raise thigns for sure. good shoes help. And try not to run on your toes quite as much. I found that stuff to help me, cause i used to get them like TERRIBLE. Like to the point where i couldnt walk.
    Oh yeah, do the runners stretch, where like you put your hands on a wall or whatever and put your legs out behind you and you stretch one calve muscle at a time. I read on soem marathone running site that that's supposed to really help. So i started doing that everyday and still do. I think it's helped. maybe its all coincidence though.
    the jakes on you.

high has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) high has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) high has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) high has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) high has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I run track(110h hurldes) and i use to get those all the time. The best thing you can do until u build the muscle is strech your shin's. There are tons of exercises out there, just do a search. Another thing is wear running shoes. One of the reasons u get shin splits is running on different surfaces with the wrong kind of shoes. When i first did track back in high school i had on basketball shoes for track. My shin's were a bitch, then i got actual running shoes and it helped.

Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000)
    How about running barefoot on grass? How damaging is that?

Mike Fortier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A good exercise to develope your shin muscles and reduce shin splints is: take a towel and lie it flat on the ground, then place one or both of your feet on top of the towel, than skrunch the towel between your toes until there is no more towel ahead of your feet, then repeat until you feel its enough.

I know it sounds ridiculouse but you may find it effective.

$-=SeAn NaL=-$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) $-=SeAn NaL=-$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just had them...but they seem to have gone away...

a) A good way to ice them is to take a big bucket, fill it up with really cold water, throw in a bunch of ice, and stick your legs in for 15-20 minutes...

b) it may be caused by the way you walk (I over pronate my feet when I walk, and I have really flat feet, this is what mine are from) so you might need to get your feet looked at, and you may need orthotics...

also

a) Don't masturbate, as this has a direct relationship with lowering the inflammation of the shins

b) If you want them to heal even more quickly, follow Andrew Taylor's workout plan to a "T"
    Last edited by $-=SeAn NaL=-$; 06-11-2002 at 04:58 PM.
    -=Pain is weakness leaving the body=-

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i got them when i started cardio again, horrible pain, it was really frustrating since i couldnt jog, pain was too great, but now its almost gone, they just kind of went away naturally
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500) TheTibBros is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by McMahon View Post
    Use a Tib Bar to Train your Tibialis Anterior, the Muscle in front of the Tibia

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by McMahon View Post
    Can you say more?
    Like, where uis the pain felt?
    What causes the pain?
    How long does it last?
    What might have made it start?
    Has anyone properly checked the condition out?
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au