FishFla2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

why is overtraining bad?

if you over train how do u know it? and why is it bad for you? Isn't working till faliure the same thing as over training?

Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your numbers stop going up, you might be overtraining. Failure doesn't mean overtraining, but it can (doesn't have to be) be a precursor to it.

Highway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Over training is bad because not only can you stop gaining muscle, in some cases you loose some.

Karnivore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Karnivore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Karnivore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Karnivore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your muscles are like women....if you expect to much out of them by constantly pushing them to their limits theyll leave you
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 150

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    gaining muscle is about recovery. your body is responding to the training and with the right fuel (good diet) and enough time to do it (consistently getting a good night sleep), it will build muscle. but there is only a certain amount of training and if you do too much, it will be impossible for your body to recover from. going overboard once in a while in one workout wont hurt you too bad, but consistently doing too much will keep you from growing.

going to failure isnt overtraining, thats just a technique while lifting, overtraining is a long term thing thats actually called overtraining syndrome
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571

Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think overtraining is that big of an issue, provided you get proper nutrition. Example: I used to do 12-15 sets for large muscles and 6-9 for small muscles when I was eating all the right stuff I had to eat. Right now I simply can't afford to eat that, so I've dropped my sets to a max of 9 for large muscles and 6 for small ones, because, if my body just doesn't have the resources to repair my muscles, what's the point of training them so hard?

One thing that might happen is that your body will take resources from some of your muscles to repair the damaged ones. Then you train the muscles from which the resources were taken, then you don't have enough protein from your own food so your body takes aminos directly from other muscles, and the cycle continues, and you simply won't gain mass/strength this way.

Eat right, train right, sleep right, and you should be fine. Overtraining is really not that scary.

Karnivore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Karnivore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Karnivore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Karnivore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to over train when i was younger cause i dident know anything about training or reps and sets so id just do as many as i could 1 time infact i got my first sign of a bicep after a friend challenged me to a barbell curl to see who could do more i dont remember how many he did but i did a little over 200 (only 20 pounds on the bar i was like 10yo) and i considerd that to be over training i couldent even put a hot pocket in the microwave for 2 days it was to heavy
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 150

Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I remember the very first time I did a legs-only day. Before that I had done the occasional squat, leg extensions, curls, whatever. Then I started coming here and I put a decent routine together, and off to leg day I was. Four sets of squats, of leg extensions and curls, and presses, followed by lunges and glute kickbacks. Holy ****ing ****. I couldn't walk properly for 6 days after that, and when it was actually starting to feel 'ok', it was leg day again. What a crock of ****.

FishFla2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when you over train do u feel it or do you not kno ur overtraing.

Whenever a muscle remains sore after 3 or more days after a workout you're used to, I'd say that's a sign that you may be overtraining it.

0=aLeX=0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0=aLeX=0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FishFla2
    if you over train how do u know it? and why is it bad for you? Isn't working till faliure the same thing as over training?

you dont get gains
    and im not sure if its true or not but ive heard that it has risks to youre muscles and stuff

derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Karnivore
    Your muscles are like women....if you expect to much out of them by constantly pushing them to their limits theyll leave you
    thankyou end of thread...

you'll KNOW you are overtraining
    6'2 215lbs ~Less than 10% bf
    Eat, lift, life. If you're not eating, your not gaining.
    Knowledge > Estats, Elifts, pictures.

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not necessarily. a friend of mine has been toiling in mediocrity for years now, hes gotten weaker. he came on here once, posted some pics, someone told him he had a weak chest so bam, he starts working it almost every day, doing way too much volume, he went from benching 185 for about 5 reps to getting 155 on a good day. its sad to watch. then he came on here once asking for help with bulking, and some idiot just said something about pita wraps and posted a bunch of pictures of food. its unfortunate. hes waaaay overtraining, but hes in denial about it and thinks one of these days hes gonna magically sprout a chest by continuing to do what hes doing. i dont think you can always know.
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571