Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: singapore

gTkw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

singapore

i doubt theres any1 here from singapore huh

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wanna bet?
    singapore here.
    Faitless / RETARDED_MORON / Chanhn are from singapore too bro
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

i know chahn.the rest i dono.haha

where u stay?

Exclamation

wheres the other singapore ppl?!?!?!?!

jiawei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    here also
    x家伟x

cool.u got gym bud??i looking for one =P

which gym u go to?

RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RETARDED_MORON is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    iamtheking is also Singaporean.
    I am not retarded. I am just mentally-challenged.

hmm.quite alot of ppl from singapore huh.

ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ealvintan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what sec school u from?

me ar??i from geylang methodist.u?

heloooo

y so fast so quiet.weird~

Quasimodo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Here here

Another Singaporean here.

Say, anyone's birthday in Jan AND a member of GNC? And in SIN of course...

mines november.

n too poor to be gnc member haha.btw where u train

Quasimodo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gTkw
    n too poor to be gnc member haha.btw where u train
    membership is free right? or for just a nominal amt... I can't remember anymore.

I go to the Lower Delta Sports Complex gym. It's closest to my office so I run over at lunch.

Location: But the time has come when all good things shall pass.
    Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Anyone of you guys ordered from the bb.com stores before ?

it's sooo much cheaper, if you do the conversion.
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve"
    - "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
    - "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger!."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."
    - "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off."

Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Originally Posted by Faitless
    Anyone of you guys ordered from the bb.com stores before ?

it's sooo much cheaper, if you do the conversion.
    oops, i forgot about the shipping charges, this sucks. i wish i stayed in the u.s/
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."

Build to deadlift. hardcore_freak's Avatar
    hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oops, i forgot about the shipping charges, this sucks. i wish i stayed in the u.s/
    contact me ..... i got lobang in s'pore

SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're buying protein, forget it, just get it from GNC, Nature's farm or those singapore based websites.

But if you're looking to buy "lighter" packaged stuff like 1kg tubs of creatine/glutamine, combine your order with a friend or a few friends and take advantage of the "lighter" weight that these products are usually packaged in.

I for one can't be bothered spending $100 on 400g of GNC glutamine when I can get better ones from bb.com

However, the suntec sale last august that had 80% reduction can last me for a good year or so. I've also just recently gotten a bit more protein from their last warehouse sale at Tannery Road.

Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm coming to Singapore for a holiday, I'd like to bring my own protein powder but the last thing I want is for the powders to be confiscated by customs and being detained for hours. I'm not even sure if the stuff will be searched.

My other option is to buy powders up there (I'm Australian) but I have no idea if they're expensive or not.

How about supermarkets and take away joints? Is the food expensive/cheap?

If you want to PM about stores that'd be fine.
    Any help is appreciated guys.

Cheers

Edit: Is Red Rooster available up there? I'd like to know some good health stores that sell cooked chicken and the like, how about tuna?

SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your own protein powder should be ok.

I travel between Perth and Singapore in the last 2 years a few times and they didn't even bat an eyelid with my supps from Australia (generally cheaper).

There's no "red rooster" in Singapore but there are opportunities to get pretty decent protein food here.

I recommend looking around in Supermarkets for Marigold's HL milk. it comes in both white and chocolate variety.

The white milk has a macronutrient ratio similar to Browness Skimmed milk in Australia 10g protein 10g carbs and 3g fat.

The chocolate low fat version has 22g carbs, 10g protein and a tad bit more carbs.

Note milk is no where as cheap as it is in Australia. 1 litre of each pack will set you back around S$2.50.

Some supermarkets sell roasted chicken, similar to the types you find in coles/woolsworth/safeway. You should be able to get them under $5 each. Carrefour, a supermarket in Suntec city starts clearing them out at $4.90 for 2 chickens after 9.30pm. It opens until 11pm daily if I'm not mistaken.

Your best bet for chicken based dishes in Singapore would be chicken rice. You can get a decent plate starting at $2. I usually ask the stallholder for an additional $1-$2 serving of chicken breast. You can request all breast meat if you wish to do so.

I usually ask the stallholders not to add in the additional soy sauce and sesame oil that they sprinkle on the dish before serving it to you.

Eating out in Singapore is generally a lot cheaper than in Australia. There are healthy choices as well

Visit http://www.nutrition.com.sg/do/dolocal.asp for an idea of the nutritional content of the food you can often find in Singapore.

Browse on the left "local food" to see commonly available hawker fare.

The usual fast food nutrition guides you find for macca dees, Burger King, KFC and etc applies for Singapore as well.

Hope it helps.

I forgot to mention that the nutritional content i posted earlier for HL milk was for a serving of 200ml

Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good post sim, much appreciated.
    Just about the powders, where did you keep them? Just in your luggage bag or did you have to show the customs officers? If you did show customs how would they know if it isn't mixed with an illegal drug as it is a white powder...

Cool

Sim, know any place in singapore which sells davinci syrups ?

Originally Posted by Cyclops
    Good post sim, much appreciated.
    Just about the powders, where did you keep them? Just in your luggage bag or did you have to show the customs officers? If you did show customs how would they know if it isn't mixed with an illegal drug as it is a white powder...

In Singapore, all check in luggage are screened before they hit the conveyor belt. My supps have been kept both in the hand carry and checked in luggage. No problems at all.

They're more interested if you've got cigarettes and alcohol to declare. Be honest of what you have and tell them what it actually is if they do check.

Usually they don't really bother about checking people as they've already pre-scanned the luggage and will only demand a physical check if they really suspect something amiss.

I've got more too add about tuna. Springwater tuna and tuna in a variety of flavours are readily available at all supermarkets. Gardenia and Bonjour makes 12 grain multi-grain bread with flax seed and other good stuff. They cost around $2.50 per loaf.

Sim, know any place in singapore which sells davinci syrups ?
    Your best bet would be at either the "COLD STORAGE" or "LIBERTY" chains of supermarkets.

Carrefour may have it as well.

The rest of the other supermarket chains have more items that cater to the local tastebuds.

There are some health stores around that may have it as well. Of course there's the ever present GNC stores that have some Atkins related products. I personally like their teriyakki and BBQ sauce that tastes pretty good. Nature's Farm (GNC's biggest rival) may also have them.

These are the few places I can think off hand that might have them.

leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonutz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi there, im singaporean too.
    anyone interested in ordering protein in bulk from websites like ****************** or bodybuilding.com, let me know, we can order together n save lots of money.

i never buy from GNC or Natures farm except during megasales.

anyways da vinci syrup cannot be found in SG, e closest thing is Joseph's maple syrup for diabetics, but its 9 bucks per bottle..

anyways im going to study in australia soon, Sydney to b exact. is that place difficult to find cheap good protein, like protein powders n tuna etc? oso, is their food cheaper or more ex than sg?

Originally Posted by leonutz
    hi there, im singaporean too.
    anyone interested in ordering protein in bulk from websites like ****************** or bodybuilding.com, let me know, we can order together n save lots of money.

i never buy from GNC or Natures farm except during megasales.

anyways da vinci syrup cannot be found in SG, e closest thing is Joseph's maple syrup for diabetics, but its 9 bucks per bottle..

anyways im going to study in australia soon, Sydney to b exact. is that place difficult to find cheap good protein, like protein powders n tuna etc? oso, is their food cheaper or more ex than sg?
    No point ordering protein from bb.com or any other online websites. As the package is very heavy, it'll cost even more. Wait for those GNC Mega sale and buy a few tubs at one go. its much much cheaper.

pool your resources to get "lighter" stuff like glutamine and creatine, much more worth the effort and money. US dollar is pretty weak now, you might want to pool your friends soon.

Health stores in Australia are littered everywhere. Even the supermarkets sell protein bars and milk is very cheap.

Beef is also very cheap but chicken is more expensive than Singapore. Egg prices are a killer!!! Basically about the same prices as you find during the bird flu epidemic in South East Asia. And the prices stay like that all year round. BUT!!! u can more than make up for this buy buying red meat that's about 1/2 the price in Singapore.

Thanks Sim, last thing is about taking them in your hand, did you just take it in the jar/bottle or did you put the powders in an air tight bag?

I don't really want the people I'm travelling with to see my supps so could I keep them in my luggage? By the way how will they see the supps anyway if it's in my bag?

Edit: When they ask what it is, did you say it was a meal supplement or protein powder? Sorry about that questions but I'm a bit nervous about going over there and the last thing I want is to be detained at the airport. I'll only be there for max a week.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 01-02-2005 at 01:51 AM.

I usually carry them in their original packaging.

Like i said, they usually don't bother to check you unless you look really dodgy. The quarantine rules in Singapore are very lax when it comes to food and stuff. But if they DO find illicit substances, drugs and etc on you, you're basically done for.

Your luggage will be x-rayed before it hits the conveyor belt. Hand carry luggage they may ask you to open, but very very rarely, almost never.

Righteo so I'm better off carying it in my hand then?