barrymelrose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question ******** - arginine

Hey everyone,
    I take generic ******** at 20 mgs a day.....10mg in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. I know ******** and caffeine are vaso constrictors which prevent blood flow.
    My Problems are:

1) I am noticing a significantly decreased vascularity at the gym......seems to take a lot longer to get blood flowing and a pump in the gym.

2) I am 26 and have never had blood flow issues down there....if you know what I mean!

Can I take arginine to cope with this and improve blood flow, has anybody here done this? I would take now arginine which I have a bottle of....want to avoid noexplode type product because creatine will dehydrate me more along with caff and adderrall.

Any advice is appreciated!,
    Barry

have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Arginine will help blood flow in the gym.

2. Why are you taking ********? You may not need to take it on a daily basis. The problems "down there" are a common side effect of amphetamines. Arginine will most likely not resolve these problems. ******** also causes significant appetite suppression which is a killer if you are trying to bulk on some muscle. I would stay away from that drug as much as possible.

3. Don't shy away from creatine for fear of dehydration. Just drink more water. Pretty simple, actually. Also, creatine will benefit your workouts much more than arginine. However, products like NO-Xplode don't have a significant amount of creatine. I would suggest you check out Animal Pump by Universal Nutrition. Its got significant dosages of both arginine and creatine and has received countless positive reviews (I'm on my fourth can of it, personally).
    Last edited by have2p; 07-14-2007 at 07:01 PM.

barrymelrose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you for the response.

I am taking the ******** to help me study for graduate school....and it helps a ton. I am not trying to bulk.....actually I am fine with the way my body is....and if anything....the ******** helps control my food intake and seems to make me more cut.

I have not tried animal pump but I used No explode.....those products give me a rush....the ******** combined with a product like that is insanity......feel out of control!

have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) have2p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am also a big believer in ******** for studying. Try taking it only when you need to get a lot of work done. Doing this would provide several benefits:

1. Significantly reduce the risk of physiological dependency (addiction)

2. Decrease tolerance, making the drug more potent when you occasionally take it.

3. Eliminate the problems you've got "down there" as well as blood flow issues in the gym.

So consider taking the meds as-needed, rather than on regular intervals.

Also, to increase potency, I like to take it on an empty stomach and chase it with 4 or 5 extra strength TUMS. All the Calcium Carbonate in your stomach really helps with the absorbtion of the drug.

raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by have2p View Post
    I am also a big believer in ******** for studying. Try taking it only when you need to get a lot of work done. Doing this would provide several benefits:

1. Significantly reduce the risk of physiological dependency (addiction)

2. Decrease tolerance, making the drug more potent when you occasionally take it.

3. Eliminate the problems you've got "down there" as well as blood flow issues in the gym.

So consider taking the meds as-needed, rather than on regular intervals.

Also, to increase potency, I like to take it on an empty stomach and chase it with 4 or 5 extra strength TUMS. All the Calcium Carbonate in your stomach really helps with the absorbtion of the drug.

Man, looks like your setting yourself up for some potential issues down the road....

1. You cannot reduce the risk of addiction when you take an addictive substance period.

2. Taking as needed is better than taking daily .

3. I would not recommend being on this stuff unless your medical issue is severe. Have you asked your P Doc about these side effects?

EDIT: Apologies, some of these were directed to OP
    Last edited by raidz; 07-14-2007 at 07:39 PM.

Originally Posted by raidz View Post
    1. You cannot reduce the risk of addiction when you take an addictive substance period.
    Not true at all. *******, for example, is very addictive. However, if you only do it once a month, it is very unlikely that you will become addicted. However, if you do it everyday, it is almost certain you will develop an addiction.

I fully support taking ******** every couple weeks as-needed, but taking it every day seems pretty senseless.

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need to listen to your doctor FIRST bro, and not ppl on a supplement forum. If your doctor put you on ******** for ADD/ADHD and you need to study to graduate, then you need to stick with it.

Since ******** is a gradual release formula (due to the l/d isomer mix) it's addictive potential is significantly reduced when you're taking it at the normal dosage and not abusing it (smoking it, snorting it, taking more than the recommended amount). Having a big pump in the gym is more of a temporary effect than one that's real, so don't be so concerned about that much. If you're having sexual problems because of it, talk to your doctor though. I wouldn't recommend mixing supplements w/ powerful drugs like that w/o knowing what you're doing.

This is some good advice from a very smart guy:

Originally Posted by Manteca View Post
    IMO the bottom line is that if you genuinly need it you should take it as your doctor prescribes, school is more important than bodybuilding, you can come off of it in a few years, no big deal but for me (I have ADHD) it is an invaluable aid and I truly need it, I don't plan on taking it for life or anything just until I'm out of college. My point is there is more important things than bodybuilding in this world you will have plenty of years ahead to build solid mass. I've gotten to a fairly lean 240+ while taking ******** and even though it may hinder my gains to a degree I feel it is more than worth it, I mean ****, getting a good job etc is more important than being the biggest guy in the gym. Just follow your doctors advice.
    original thread

raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry

Originally Posted by have2p View Post
    Not true at all. *******, for example, is very addictive. However, if you only do it once a month, it is very unlikely that you will become addicted. However, if you do it everyday, it is almost certain you will develop an addiction.

I fully support taking ******** every couple weeks as-needed, but taking it every day seems pretty senseless.
    There is a reason they call it an addictive substance..... Go research more......

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pogue View Post
    You need to listen to your doctor FIRST bro, and not ppl on a supplement forum. If your doctor put you on ******** for ADD/ADHD and you need to study to graduate, then you need to stick with it.

Since ******** is a gradual release formula (due to the l/d isomer mix) it's addictive potential is significantly reduced when you're taking it at the normal dosage and not abusing it (smoking it, snorting it, taking more than the recommended amount). Having a big pump in the gym is more of a temporary effect than one that's real, so don't be so concerned about that much. If you're having sexual problems because of it, talk to your doctor though. I wouldn't recommend mixing supplements w/ powerful drugs like that w/o knowing what you're doing.

original thread

x2

Also:

Mixing Supplements or other drugs i.e: Tums, Arginine ect., is not a good idea at all. Especially if using them to treat side effects from other drugs i.e: ********. Your Dr is who you definantley need to listen too and inform of the supplements or drugs (OTC too) you might be on while taking ********.

OP you seem to have somewhat of an idea about that since you don't want to mix caffeine with ********...
    Last edited by raidz; 07-14-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Nimbus Nutrition Rep leonidas300's Avatar
    leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pogue View Post

original thread
    The first intelligent post. Listen to what he said, he is correct on all counts.
    Certitude is the enemy of wisdom.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathan Swift.

Remember this principle: if you have to chew something, it ain't anabolic. Alan Aragon

NIMBUS NUTRITION "When Performance is Everything!"
    POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com

Question

Originally Posted by leonidas300 View Post
    The first intelligent post. Listen to what he said, he is correct on all counts.
    Thanks for your great input! You have added so much to this thread!

smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    add some vinpocetine and arginine
    vasocons can make your memory worst by lowering brain blood flow
    vinpocetine helps this
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    mail me all your aderall...that should help as well
    "The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearth-stone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." A.Lincoln 3/4/1861

WAR DAMN EAGLE! '10 National Champs