Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    bodybeautiful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need to lose 20 quick!

I am interested in doing the CKD but I just have a few questions.

I want to lose 20 - 30 punds and I do workout 5 days a week , I do about an hour cardio and 1/2 hour toning,
    The thing is, I dont want to look too toned, I just want to look lean and slender in my 5'8" frame.

Will this diet help with that or is it mainly for the buff types?

thanxx for your replies
    face the world with the your best body ever.

piranetus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Dflood
    i plan on doing the keto diet....wtf, ill try anything once
    but i have a few questions:
    can i eat: cottage cheese, gatorade powder (destrose) post workout

otherwise im good to go....

You shouldn't have either one during the low-carb period. Cottage cheese has carbs and gatorade has alot too.

Rob_L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why does everyone dog the protein shakes while on the Keto diet? My shake is low in carbs and 3 shakes a day still keeps my under 30g of carbs a day if mixed with water. Is it the juice that some people mix in it that can contain the carbs?

Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whey is a fast acting protien that can, itself cause an insulin spike. Thats why you dont want to have whey while on keto, except post w/o or on carb ups. The insulin spike can knock you out of keto.
    "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ya have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit which are God's"
    -I Corinthians 6:19 & 20-

BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I assume the 1 day carb up knocks you out of ketosis...True or false? Secondly if it does knock you out of ketosis, how long into the week til you feel the effects of ketosis again?
    Today we'll become bigger, stronger, and better looking....
    -Coach Lowery
    ________
    ...and the cause for all this mess...Frank Stallone
    ________
    Odoyle Rules!
    ________

Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, it knocks you out of ketosis. The time it takes to get back into ketosis varies from person to person. For me I carb up from 6pm Fri to 6pm Sat, and just before bed Sat eat a about a lb of fatty sausage, and i'm back into ketosis by around noon on Sunday.
    "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ya have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit which are God's"
    -I Corinthians 6:19 & 20-

Location: They call it Stormy Monday, baby. But Tuesday's just as bad.
    Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    can you take milk w/ your post workout shake? I cant stand doing it with anything else, and its chocolate! Chocolate and oj just dont mix! Brand new 10lb bag too and I cant waste it

Rotty22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe someone can explain to me why the whey in a protein shake (like 100% Optumum Nutrion) would cause an insulin spike. There is only 3g of carbs (1 of which is sugar). If the whey is so fast acting, and causes a spike, then why not take it in water with a tablespoon or so of flax, canola or olive oil to slow it down. I mean, the fat supposedly slows down absorbtion, right? That is why everyone believes that milk should not be used P/W, because of the fat and the slower digesting caisan (sp). You should be using a low carb protein in a Keto diet anyways, right? We're not talking about N Large with large amounts of carbs. So, I think dumping some oil in the shake should be fine to counteract the spike. If I am wrong Chi, Fitness or one of the other gurus, please correct me.

Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100)
    I never heard the whey causes a spike
    I take dextrose and maltodextrin with creatine and glutamine and the whey in water
    it kicks ass
    I take 1 r-ala 100 mg with it

Carl AK says it is so fast acting that it causes a spike and would knock you out of ketosis. I'm not particularly sure that is true. Maybe someone of more knowledge about Keto could comment on that. I figure if you dump some oil in with it, it would negate any supposed spike you would get. Like I said, you shouldn't be using a high carb shake anyway except P/W

Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100)
    I forgot this is the keto diet plan thread

Chisle170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation HELP PLEASE!!

I'm 17, 5'7 about 175 at near 15% bodyfat. I want to get down to around 8% and I've heard keto is the way to do it. I really want to get my sixpack. Can you guys tell me if this is a good monday through friday diet? And I was wondering, for monday through friday can I have no carbs at all, not even from nuts? I want to do the carb loading on the weekend.

Meal 1: 4 whole eggs + sausage (33gP 18gF)

Meal 2: 1 can tuna + 2 tbs mayo (30gP 34gF)

Meal 3: Chicken + 1 tbs flax oil (32gP 17gF)

Meal 4: same as Meal 2 (30gP 34gF)

Meal 5: Turkey burger + salad w/2 tbs dressing (23gP 34GF)

Meal 6: Cheese (21gP 27gF)

Do I not have enough fat, or do I have too much protein? Thanks for the help, and I appologize if I'm asking similar questions to some already asked.

Rob250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

flexseed oil

Is it important to take flaxseed oil if im on keto?

I have the flaxseed oil in gel tablets! Its a 1,000 mg per gel tablet How much do u think i would have to take a day?

im 6ft tall and im 200 lb's

Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Explain this keto diet

Can anyone explain this keto diet to me without writing a book?LOL. Is this a low-carb diet, or a 0 carb diet?(not counting weekends) Am I basicaly eating protein-rich foods, high in fat? I also want to preserve my muscle, so should I be weight training during the first steps of this diet?

Also, Important question: Is it ok to take ephedra while on this diet, or is it not needed or recommended?

Thanks a bunch.

Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Keto vs. Adkins

How does the keto diet differ from the Adkins diet?

PolishGirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Blindfaith
    what is it about that diet that troubles you???
    How about the fact that its been prooven that that kind of diet can kill you. It was just released that it damages certain parts of your body (I cant remember), and thats not worth it.
    It works, but in the long run it will harm you. WE need those carbs, to think for one, and to live.
    Last edited by PolishGirl; 08-14-2003 at 11:22 PM.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by PolishGirl
    How about the fact that its been prooven that that kind of diet can kill you. It was just released that it damages certain parts of your body (I cant remember), and thats not worth it.
    It works, but in the long run it will harm you. WE need those carbs, to think for one, and to live.
    You got a link to that information and study? I'd like to see that.

Also try reading this.

http://www.totalfitness.com.au/myths...wcarbdiets.htm

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Explain this keto diet

Originally posted by Trainer2003
    Can anyone explain this keto diet to me without writing a book?LOL. Is this a low-carb diet, or a 0 carb diet?(not counting weekends) Am I basicaly eating protein-rich foods, high in fat? I also want to preserve my muscle, so should I be weight training during the first steps of this diet?

Also, Important question: Is it ok to take ephedra while on this diet, or is it not needed or recommended?

Thanks a bunch.
    OK basics:

40% protein 60% fat no more than 20g of carbs from fibrous green veg.

Yes you can train and should do so.

Yes ephedra is fine although I'd use ephedrine HCL (the pure stuff not the herbal stuff).

chimponarope,
    You are a patient, patient man. Go on the Sup board and all the redundant questions would merit a serious a$$ flaming.

PolishGirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    [+QUOTE]Originally posted by chimponarope
    You got a link to that information and study? I'd like to see that.

Also try reading this.

http://www.totalfitness.com.au/myths...wcarbdiets.htm
    [/QUOTE]

IT was just on the news two nights ago.
    ANd tonight, i also heard more news about low carb diets.
    The fact remains, Nothing too extreme works. People tend to go back to their old ways, and gain more fat.
    The key is to build up smart habits that in-corperate lots of fruits and vegetables, with healthy carbs.
    ANOther thing i did learn is that potatoe chips, fries and even bread contain a certain additive (starts with the letter a, sorry cant remember) that has been prooven to cause cancer. This has been known for years, but because millions of dollars are at stake, the government wont do anything about it.
    Im sorry i cant remember the specifics, but all my information is from legitamate sources. And the reason i post this is because i want people to be aware, and mostly healthy.

AC398 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How many grams of carbs are ok to eat from Sun-Friday, and do you have to count lettuce as carbohydrates?

Also im not sure if I'm doing my calculations right( I've checked them 3 times) but could you guys take a look and see if they are on target?

I weigh 178 lbs- 26% bodyfat- 132 lbs lean body mass.
    Maintenance calories= 2136 Fat loss calories= 1636
    Mon-Friday afternoon- 132g. protein, 123g. fat

Friday Night-Saturday Midnight-
    598g. carbs, 132g. protein, as little fat as possible.

I'm going to do cardio around 3-4x a week for 45 minutes.

If you guys could take a look and see if those #s are accurate it would be greatly appreciated. Also am I too worried about calories and grams of protein and should I not worry about the #s as much during the diet as long as I'm not eating carbs and then just follow the carb up very strictly.
    Thanks for your guys help

hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000)
    AC398

I don't think its a smart thing to cut carbs down to zero.

I usually eat 50g of carb every day when I'm on keto.

i've done keto two times, I was at 22%BF first time I did it, At the end of my second "keto season" I was at 10%.

Now , I've been off for 3 months, and will start again next week. I'm at 12%BF.

Here is how I do my numbers:

175lbs
    1750 cals per day

50% fat - 97g
    40%protein - 176g
    10% carbs - 45g

you have to adjust the amount of carbs in a way that you'll have lots of fiber and some carbs without getting kicked out of ketosis

During carb up, I manage to eat about 260g of carbs. I never get less than 176g of protein, even on carb up. I always exceed my protein intake a bit, without compromising my diet.

just my way of seeing it, hope it helps.

HAMA
    "I have no idols, I admire hard work, dedication, and competence. " - Senna
    "In my experience there's no such thing as too much information." - Lex Luthor

Originally posted by AC398
    How many grams of carbs are ok to eat from Sun-Friday, and do you have to count lettuce as carbohydrates?
    The trick with the veg is to not count the fibre grams in the veg. That will bring the carb grams down to virtually nothing. You can go as high as about 30-50 grams after a while but around 20 is a good idea to start with.

trapt4days has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

oops just realized I posted my diet in the wrong thread...sorry
    Last edited by trapt4days; 09-22-2003 at 06:31 AM.

cfauver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ketones are toxic to the brain...thats why u feel retarted when doing the atkins diet.
    glucose fuels brain :-O !

william_lee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ...too long in ketosis isnt good for you either.....ketones are toxic to the brain...thats why u feel retarted when doing the atkins diet.
    Sorry I had to bite, ketones are definitely not toxic to the brain. They are an alternative to glucose. When you wake up in the morning after a night of fasting during sleep, you've got elevated levels of ketones in your blood. Unless you're a diabetic in acidosis, ketones have never been demonstrated to be toxic to my knowledge.

ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripped_centre has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

starting out

To start a keto diet without gaining fat, would you have to eat low carb and low fat the first couple days to get into ketosis, or could you get away with hi fat right away?

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    go for the high fat right away.
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by PolishGirl
    ROFLMAO! OMG are you serious! Hope you realize how stupid you just made yourself look. This is the kind of statement a 6 year old would make! Do some research and educate yourself a little bit and come back when you are ready to have an intelligent argument with studies to back up your garbage!

Dilly
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon

Genius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i gotta admit that my low-carb diet really kick ass.

The moment i got rid of all my white rice and pastas, and switched to brown rice & pasta (which i eat in small portions with my o so holy chicken and hot sauce) i've seen some real changes in a short amount of time.

To all u wanna-lose-fat-guys, go for the very low carb diet.
    and eat all the chicken, tuna, salmon, egg-whites u can.

Greetz from the Belgian connection.